New Server!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

nice thing to do Vitalgaming. but i was hoping it could be a skandi server tho...;)

there is 2 other ut servers on it. thats all its a winnt 4 box and cpu is barely touching 20% at any given time hope this helps

:) and if it was server network then everybody would experience same lag u will not get a 70 f6 with a 10000 netspeed adn a empty server f6 only xomes into play when you are next to some1 stand next to another player to get a indication of f6
ps: pipex have been having router problems maybe its ok now but by your trace at least they seem to be peerign with other isps now which will sort out alot of issues.

We have played our Stnd match yesterday on this server!!

I can say for me it doesnt mind which server i play i always have a nice ping!!

But for a lot of players in my clan the server is panties!!
f1 ping of 50-70 and a f6 of 120-200+

So no matches for us in the future on this server!!

tnx anyway VitalGaming :)

ive got a ping on it which u can compare with jolts, playable, but i prefer serv #4 or #5 :)

Thank you anyways misti :)!

Originally posted by Misty
there is 2 other ut servers on it. thats all its a winnt 4 box and cpu is barely touching 20% at any given time hope this helps

:)

Both 32 player CTF servers by any chance? :D Only joking... ;)

and if it was server network then everybody would experience same lag

I see others posting about the same kind of problem. Jwer sits on (so far as I know) an E2/3 line, and despite his decent ping, he's also seeing spikes.

u will not get a 70 f6 with a 10000 netspeed

Then you'd better liase with Jolt, Gameservers.nl and Jolt, coz I get 70 F6 ping to their servers when using netspeed = 10000. Must be blackmagic I guess... :evil:

In any event, I'm using "ping" to describe the latency of the (in my case) time taken for my data packets to travel back and forth over the mix of copper, co-ax & fibre cabling from my PC to your server.

So far as I was aware, Netspeed is only relevant to the amount of data being sent to/from the server and a player. It shouldn't affect the actual signal latency one iota. Or am I wrong?

adn a empty server f6 only xomes into play when you are next to some1 stand next to another player to get a indication of f6

My understanding of the whole F1 / F6 ping was:

F1 ping = the ping the server gets to me.
F6 ping = the ping I get to the server. ("real ping")

(This from http://www.nub-clan.de/_.php3?url=netguide/3.php3 )

Maybe I'm wrong, but it is surely irrelevant for the purposes of F6 ping whether the server is empty or not. Either way, it still is what shows your "real ping"

ps: pipex have been having router problems maybe its ok now but by your trace at least they seem to be peerign with other isps now which will sort out alot of issues.

Yep, well aware of this issue thanks! :) The original problem was that due to PIPEX and Jolt/Nildram not being able to get on like civilised companies should, there was no direct peering between PIPEX and Jolt/Nildram. The only problem this actually caused for ages was that PIPEX users were unable to connect to the Jolt "UK only" clanservers. The public Jolt servers were unaffected.

The other peering issue was that some PIPEX users were, depending on their location in the UK and the location of the UK server they were attempting to connect to, finding themselves routing via servers in New York, USA - and finding themselves pinging upwards of 100 to UK servers.

This was never a problem for me given the UK servers I play on. However, when the new peering arrangements were implemented, I saw a marginal improvement in my ping times, together with fewer hops to most servers. Nothing earth shattering though.

I'm not having a go at you or anything here. I am just trying to get to the bottom of why my ping to that server was "shite on the nite" when everything *appeared* to be checking out fine at both ends.

dos is real ping f1 aint to accurate either and f6 is determined by how much info is sent to you by server...eg packets per sec Ut will only send you packets if the client needs updating or when its needed if you go into any server whats empty or you are not near anyone then that means no update f6 is higher reason i said bout 20000 netspeed is due to the fact that bandwidth is then not a issue and will constantly update the client therefore reduceing f6,try it go to a server stand next to some1 with 10000 netspeed you will see your f6 drop a fair bit...as ut is constantly updating the client on the games movement, its normal on a big map or with not many players for f6 to be higher but soon as you are in a firefight your f6 willl drop or simpler way is to turn netspeed to 20000 hope this helps tnse wrote stuff about ping/tickrate and ut updating just cant find link at moment :rolleyes:
done a couple of pics for yer the server was empty this was done on leagueAs 6

http://homepages.joltanytime.co.uk/Misty/netspeed10000.jpg
http://homepages.joltanytime.co.uk/Misty/netspeed20000.jpg

pls take note at amount of packets being recieved from server on the 2 different pics^^^

have a mess around and see if you get same results, if you do not pm me and ill have a deeper look into it :D

Last edited:
ok im pretty tired and somewhat slow today whats better ns 10000 or ns 20000? :D
(note: i got 768/128 dsl[ger] and i dont notice a a real difference in pings f1 and f6 when idling on the server)

dunno but for cable I guess u should have 10000 at all times and 2,5 mbits 20000??? I've cable but sometimes I've to put down to 8000 that sux :(

Originally posted by «)Fîrë$±ørm(»
ok im pretty tired and somewhat slow today whats better ns 10000 or ns 20000? :D
(note: i got 768/128 dsl[ger] and i dont notice a a real difference in pings f1 and f6 when idling on the server)

it does not really matte rif you use 10000 netspeed all it does is reduce trafic eg send less packets a sec until you need them generally less trafic is better so stick to 10000 your f6 ping will go down ingame when players are present anyway so it does not really matter 20000 just makes sure ping is consistant.

have a mess around and see if you get same results, if you do not pm me and ill have a deeper look into it :D

You poor soul. You don't know what you're letting yourself in for there!

I'm surprised some of the other forums users havn't warned you yet about the truly epic length posts I can make! :D

Originally posted by Thuringwethil

I'm surprised some of the other forums users havn't warned you yet about the truly epic length posts I can make! :D

Aye Thur :user:'s faster then a :bunny: wich fucks another :bunny:

Best of it all. Most of what she types makes sense.

played our first match on the server tonight all i can say is pld misty most of us had really good pings and the server handled perfect :D If the server stays this stable ofr us then it will always be our first picked server, Thur iam gutted for you as if you do ping good to this server then it owns the rest hands down 2 of our players reported sub60 f6 pings

To sum up big w00t to Misty

Pld on it a few days ago for a war, it was brilliant, i had 20 F1 ping for most of the game. Obviously in an ideal world everyone could achieve this, but anyway for me this server KICKS. :D

played on it yesterday for the first time, and despite the constant PL the ping stayed low and stable and it seemed specially good for the UK players...

positively surprised :)