New pug rule ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Do you want TS as must..at least listen ?

• yes

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • no

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some of the reasons given for voting no are ridiculous

so they cant afford a headset but they can afford 5.1 speakers? regardless of whether you have a headset or not everyone has speakers/headphones and would be able to listen
so people cant be forced to use software, really? so whatever cheat software I put on the server you are going to decide not to install it and still play?
same old discussion about every rule or format change
If you play in a clan and your leader decides that you will be using TS from now on and you state you will not, how long before they get pissed off with you and no longer pick you for teams or kick you out, thats their choice, there isnt one in a pug. Oh and (-8-) used Ts/vent and we had the longest winning streak, so that must mean TS is the greatest, stats and figures can mean whatever you want them to :rolleyes:
The volume of TS is so loud you get a headache from it, how about, just maybe, im not sure this will work though, you turn the volume down in TS? It's just a wild idea but it may just work!

And before anyone that voted no starts moaning, I voted no too. rather than the bullshit excuses its purely and simply because people should be able to have the choice providing that captains know they wont be using TS and that they still follow tactics. If you want to ignore all the above then go play on dog customs which stops you having to play mazon/guardia etc with the noobs that shoot you off the train... and you dont need to use TS or even teamsay!

well mym, i have tryed to "play" with the settings, but people have different output sound , i mean, some make louder noise than others ... so to hear the lowest .. u have all other loud ...
maybe we can set a different value for each players .. but with constant various player in pug, it'll be a full time job to set that :lol:
and well, i don't have a kick ass hifi stuff to use som lame headphone while playing :x

those arguments might sound shit for u, but for me they are important, i guess we humans are all different :P

/edit:
if my clan say it's TS or leave => i'll leave,same i did with the cup

so force TS on pug and say bye to some players, and i guess it won't be helpfull :s

Last edited:
So to make TS acceptable for you then youd have to change volumes to make sure people arent too loud, fair enough, with the amount of different people in a pug thats understandable.

Now in a clan theres only 5-7 other people and always the same, and yet you dont want to use TS in that situation, so its obviously not a valid excuse there, its one or the other.

If people dont want to use TS then just say that, dont try and come up with some silly excuse to jusity it. sometimes people just prefer music to people speaking, just like some play with UT music and some without, I really cant see the logic in some of the excuses for not wanting to use it.

there are not excuses, but reasons! i'm not justifing myself, just trying to explain why i don't use it, as some people often asked me why!

i wrote some of them at start (for exemple, i have trouble to play while someone talking to me, especially if i have an hard time understanding him aka different language)
last post was just reffering to the sound probleme wich is one of my probs with TS.

i have made the effort (yes it is one for me) to try TS a couple of times, with no success. So i don't use it anymore :hangover:

as Mc once said

pug is a privilege, not a right

you payed for your game fine (maybe you didn't even)

but you sure didn't pay for pug

and so far majority has decided the rules everyone should abide by. (OMG DEMOCRACY) see, siege3, vampire, bioassault, maximum number of custom maps per pug, lockdown in general, etc etc.

and even if ur not happy with it, u still gotta follow the majority

as Mc once said

pug is a privilege, not a right

you payed for your game fine (maybe you didn't even)

but you sure didn't pay for pug

and so far majority has decided the rules everyone should abide by. (OMG DEMOCRACY) see, siege3, vampire, bioassault, maximum number of custom maps per pug, lockdown in general, etc etc.

and even if ur not happy with it, u still gotta follow the majority

hf with even less people pugging then.

At the end of the day, nobody is going to stop pugging because some of there team are not on ts. If people are genuinly that bothered, then they can type the tactics in game. If those people don't read them, then TS is irrelevant because they are clearly just being an arse.

However, if you do force people to use TS, you will see decline in people. I'm not against TS, and when I pug I generally use it, but if its late, or I'm a bit tired or just don't fancy having some idiots screaming and bitching in my ear, while I play a still competitive and organised game is the last thing I want, so I simply just won't bother signing.

But if you want to further the PUG into a smaller minority, then yes, go ahead.

I wonder how many of the people who voted no actually captained... ever.

nuff' said

omg i wanna be captain and pick maps and players but i dont want to tactics!!!! oh wait....theres a rule against that.

You know it takes the piss when you captain put some effort in to give tactics etc......while others just want everything on a plate and dont bother to come TS and have the nerve to complain when the tactics are wrong or shit.

If people dont TS while im captain I wont do tactics from now on...how about that?, you can have a shitty pug then, i dont care really. You can ban me if you like! Its easy to force people to use TS. all you do is make the rule, eventually people will come around. If they dont then they are just to stubborn for a pug and shouldnt be playing it. They can go Dog standards.

Last edited:
YEaaaahhh!!

Lets make a rule that 30% of the community don't want, its alright, they'll love it cos I'll tell em to!!

And if not they can fuuuuuck offff!!! haaaaaa!

no offence mushy<3 but how many times have you pugged in the last year?

not that I want to sound extreme but those who pug most should be heard most and it's only fair

the only ''active'' pugger that i've seen take a stand against that proposed rule is torp

sooo the poll should be more like ~15 to ~1.... imo anyway

not that I want to sound extreme but those who pug most should be heard most and it's only fair

the only ''active'' pugger that i've seen take a stand against that proposed rule is torp

sooo the poll should be more like ~20 to ~1.... imo anyway

Not as much as you, probably, but are you trying to tell me that the world has flipped on its axis since I last played regularly? Are the TS channels now a calm river of nothing but clear and concise tactics?

I thought the whole point of PUG was it was free and easy, but now you are tailoring it specifically to one section of the current pug community. Thus minimilising the uptake to less keen/new players, and potentially alienating the more casual puggers. Like I said, if thats what you want to do, go ahead, just seems like a moronic idea when looking at it from a non self indulgent view point.

i don't understand what is the big deal with TS really, i play with TS and music at the same time and yes i have a 6.1 surrond system that ownz (yeah 6.1 even tho my sound card can only be setup for a 5.1 :o).

I usually cut down the music between maps so that i can hear/give tax but even with music on i still can hear/give incomings.

for people who decide to captain it's annoying when ppl aren't on ts, even if i have a big english accent i rather give tax in TS for many reasons :
1) with all the binds spammin it's hard for ppl to see the tax (cuz they r toooo lazy to look at console...)
2) it's suck when u have to change tax mid map
3) the usual LOW/High/Left/Right incomings doesn't apply to all maps and many time good incomings are the difference between winning and losing
4) if some1 was afk before start of the map you have to rewrite them
5) i'm to lazy write them all but if you come to ts i'll let you know :P

Also Opium your argument about ppl that act like idiots on ts would be the same for shitty pugs
sometime pugs are fun and sometime pugs sucks that's part of the game.

If we can't force ppl to use ts then we should force them to tell us that they aren't going to

sooo the poll should be more like ~15 to ~1.... imo anyway

tru point html

i see here to much complains of people i never saw puggin anyways

should have made the vote public :o

flames free, i voted yes for obvious reasons.

plus if you dont want to be on TS captains are not forced to type, plus speak up the tacs.

justplay pubs in that case :)