New MSN

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I had it already 2 months ago?
Anyway, it's buggy.
The new features are pretty cool, but there is a line to cross. The old msn 6.2 already took around 20MB of your memory (== way too much for a chat thing.) And this new msn7.0 will take even more memory.

tbh i dont like the old one... and looks like i will not like the new one... ;)

i have tried it.

only cool is that you can shake the otherones window when he doesn't replay (or was this a msn plus)
and that you can login as "offline" so you can check first if that annoying girl is online, so you can block here before you come online

its a beta. i dont like beta's. tho, i did try it. really _REALLY_ annoying features, stupid handwrite, stupid nuggets, bah :p: (nice conclusion *cough*)

Reactions: subZ
Aye, tried this quite a few months back; then again with a newer build last month.

Each version lasted less than 20 minutes on my system.

The new features are just old ideas revisited, and aren't really appealing; who the hell will want to pay for smilie packs ffs?

One word: Bloatware.

Reactions: Raft^
lmao. what do you expect.. its made by microsoft?!

They have to add new features to keep all the little kids using all the funky features, like games and webcam, as thats really nice to have in a chat program.... right..

What happend to icq? Aperently everyone i ask why they use msn all say: "because everyone else does"
Must say microsoft did good to get everyone using their bunch of copied crap.

havent ever tried MSN, It just looks like that a lot of my real life friends use ICQ, and so noone ever started using MSN.

MSN is largely unpopular around here IMO.

Well all messengers end up the same tbh. Yahoo! messenger went up the creak around the start of version 5; then I switched to solely using ICQ.

When ICQ Lite was released, it was a god-send. Less RAM being eaten up by the hungry beast that is ICQ... well that was until the later version > build 1400. Since the last time I formatted, I cba to install ICQ anymore.

Vanilla MSN 6.2.0137 seems just right to me; I've never had any memory / cpu eating issues with it; it has all the features I'd ever want in an Instant Messaging piece of software.

Tried trillian a while back but again, it lasted less than 20 minutes on my system simply because it felt shit to use.

As I said to Deadboy the other night in a similar conversation; I rarely install a piece of software again after it disappoints once.

It's ok when you get it patched up, the mess patch blocks nudges as an option. New msgr plus beta for it and various other plugins have been updated. Been with it since first beta leaked, can't say I ever loved msn, bloatware may be the word but they'll force us all to use it some day. Gilly messenger is still my favourite, gotta love the annoy script.

doh said:
lmao. what do you expect.. its made by microsoft?!

They have to add new features to keep all the little kids using all the funky features, like games and webcam, as thats really nice to have in a chat program.... right..

What happend to icq? Aperently everyone i ask why they use msn all say: "because everyone else does"
Must say microsoft did good to get everyone using their bunch of copied crap.
Microsoft pwns y00, now shut teh fukk up!

:P