New medic Archivements in upcomming patch

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

some achieves looking pretty pro.
but tbh i'm focused at the new map goldrush. The videos i saw about it looking awesome. Abit like a combination of Granary and Dustbowl :D

Yeah, the same page links to some other very interesting articles about the patch, weapons for medic, and the new map + gamemode

Imagine the amount of medics we're going to have on servers now... Not that it hurts, theres usually too few of them.

Imagine the amount of medics we're going to have on servers now... Not that it hurts, theres usually too few of them.

I suspect that's the reason for this patch. I like it :thumb:

The update is out :)

Downloading atm

edit: played it, map looks nice but a lot of medics :p

Last edited:
Well it looks like theres a command to unlock them all... heh, nice feature.. I wonder if its a bug they'll close.

Yes, I wanted to try those weapons so i "cheated" a bit lol

You can reset them but they are stored on the stats page of steam :(

Yeah i thought so, i just dont know why anyone would buy a DVD when it needs to be updated with half a million patches anyway - via steam.

What do you mean? I just got "Group Health".

EDIT:
Omfg. I just closed my game for few minutes to eat something and when i want to launch TF again it says that steam servers are too busy and game wants to download some patch ... AGAIN!!!!!

Could be it:
Team Fortress 2 Update Released
April 30, 2008, 11:54 am - Jason Ruymen

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2 Client

* Removed TF2 achievement console commands

Team Fortress 2 Server

* Fixed clients being able to trigger sv_soundscape_printdebuginfo on the server
* Fixed potential "nuke" exploit in rcon subsystem

Last edited:
to unlock new medic weapns you've to get a certain amount of medic achievments.

Many lazy gimps did it the easy way by using a simple console command.
Valve realised that and made this update.

Curious if those guys are still able to unlock them, after Miez said that he still has all medic achievements without having unlcked weapons.

I lost all the achievements but others still have them (and they cheated too)

Not that I really care about it as I never play medic :P
Too bad you have to do all these achievements for the weapons, the new additions make it more fun (at least for me) to play medic.

The servers are full of achievement whores ffs. Yestarday my team was getting raped as we had only 2 not medic players .... and even if we had so many medics nobody really cared doing his job as they were only making shit to get achievements.
Gameplay is really fucked up tbh.

And respect for Valve fo releasing this patch so fast. If it would be EA the patch would be released in 6 months maybe and not neceserly containg required fixes :D

My team actually managed to defend the first stage of dustbowl almost with an entire team of medics, lol.