New iAS Public Server - PLEASE READ!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
New iAS Public Server - ***UPDATED WITH SERVER DETAILS***

UPDATED WITH SERVER DETAILS:

EDIT TWO!! : PLEASE NOTE, PORT CHANGE DUE TO CONFLICTS. IP BELOW IS NOW UPDATED.
ok the server is up now!! Please feel free to come and test out your ping and have a game!!

IP is 193.201.71.121:7100 and it will be called Digifrag.co.uk - UT Assault Public iAS server for now.

Please add to your favourites and if you like it, please help out by donating towards the running costs!! :)

At present I am the only admin, but I will be looking for someone to help me out keeping it running 24/7 soon enough ;) I can be contacted in mIRC @ #utassault , ICQ 85048560 or email [email protected].

At present the map cycle is set up to what I think is best for iAS. Please feel free to send me ideas, suggestions etc and start polls / threads discussing peoples prefferences - I'm open to suggestions!

Enjoy!!

Those of you who take an interest in iAS will know by now the recent, untimely death of the Jolt public iAS server has left us with just the Orange server for public iAS gaming. Not only does this mean we now have just 8 public iAS places between the whole community, but the server isn’t good for everyone either, with packet loss being a fairly regular issue.

In an effort to resolve this, and in collaboration with http://www.digifrag.co.uk I will be running a new public iAS server. This server will be active as of Saturday 22nd Feb and will be running on a very high spec machine located in Telehouse London, on the Netkonnect backbone and using Telia for international routing who are second to none in latency and speed. Benefits include:

The server will be public iAS 24/7 and will never require a password
It will be available for emergency only use for league matches
It will run the latest version of LeagueAS
Map cycle / mods will be fully flexible and will be customised to suit league style iAS
It will hold up to 12 players, though will probably run at 10 for public iAS

There is, unfortunately, one catch - Digifrag are not in a position to provide the server free of charge, and likewise I am not in a position to pay entirely for the server myself. I am more than happy to pay as much as I can and to admin the server, because the iAS community desperately needs decent servers to play on, however in order to make this possible I am calling out to the community to put a little back in and to help out with payments for this server. I have set up a Paypal account to receive donations, details of which are below, and am looking at renting the server for a period of 1 month initially as a trial, then a further 3 months if the server is fine. This will cost in the region of £200 / E200. Any donations will be very gratefully received, and it doesn’t matter how much - just whatever you can afford will be a fantastic help :D

PLEASE DONATE HERE

In the (unlikely :p: ) event of the donations exceeding the cost of the server I have 3 options:

Rent the server for a longer period of time
Rent a second server for public or league use
Donate the excess money to the running costs of the league

I will listen to public opinion on this matter, however imho it would be better to wait and see how things in the first couple of months before committing to a longer period, and I'm not sure we really need another server atm, so in gratitude of the costs incurred by our wonderful admin from the day-to-day running of the league I am inclined myself to give something back to them :D

I will, of course, keep track of all the donations and in the event of something preventing this going ahead will provide full refunds. However, this is not just an vague idea, it is definitely going ahead and if Digifrag are unable to provide the server for any reason I will use an alternative supplier such as Jolt or Gameservers.nl

Please watch this space for the IP - as soon as I have more details it will be announced in this post. Thanks for reading, and happy fragging :D

PLEASE DONATE HERE

Last edited:
Yeah.. or you could just decide to play on the ULL clanserver.. it's Jolt, opened for public 24/7, it's instagib.. and IT'S FREE.. consider it before you donate.

ULL Server hasn't been instagib for ages - it was set up for about one day after Jolt 2 went down and hasnt been since.

People are fully aware of what choices they have and I have had uncountable people complainaing about the lack of a decent iAS sever to me over the last few weeks.

I'm trying to do the community a favour here Timmah, this isnt the place for negative comments - people are more than capabale of making their own minds up thanks. Personally I think paying something in the region of E10 for a server that is available 24/7 for 3 months (unlike the ULL server which we've had to chase ppl up to set on iAS) is a damn good deal. If you don't, fine it's up to you but there's no need to try and change other peoples minds...

Good work Dave.

A worthy cause to support for for a couple of reasons:

:D another good server for the community
and
:D supporting a community member in a new venture!

Well, I dont feel a part of any community, so my reply was independant. Not meant to be negative, if people want to invest in this, by all means. Goodluck with it! :paw:

Aye it's a decent enough server, same as any other Jolt. If it was public / insta gib 24/7 it would be a good place to play!

mmmmmmmm

ill try to help ya spirit but I HAVENT VISA! :P and another thing im a bit tired to hear all that ull server rox and things like that.ffssss yes it rox but most of time is empty and a lot of time that its full is in stdas so.........

mmmmmmm

and another thing that i have forgotten mmmm maybe itsnt true but ... timah i dont understand ur attitude cos if this situation goes like that ias league will die cos a lot of ppl cant play in orange and second what are y saying about new ias server if u arent in any ias clan as i have seen? so ias league for ya is nothing but for others maybe is a important league

Ok I've had a few people from overseas mention they would like to help but don't have Visa. What I'm gonna do is give out a company address to people who wish to contribute, so they can post me some euros, and once I have a fair bit I'll go and pay it into my account and suffer the shitty exchange rate. Euros minus shitty charges is better than no Euros at all :D

If anyone wishes to do so, please contact me via ICQ on 85048560 :)

Nice idea spirit and i would contribute if it was standard but insta isnt my thing gl with it tho.
And timmah that comment sux :P go rent ur own server instead of expectin all free :P

Thnx Stompa-fag :D You know you are still welcome to contribute regardless ;) The server will be available for emergency league matches to... ;)

:) <-- innocent smile :rolleyes:

Prolly just as well [X]fag-passion[X] doesn't contribute. He'd want to impose conditions like allowing the server to be used for impromptu :gay: [X]-Squad love-ins! :takeit::hump: :3some:

:D

Last edited:
i played ias for some time and about my attitude.. im just exploring options. i contacted ULL this morning, and they agreed on putting the server to instagib, except for ULL practice. there were some server issues, but i believe they're solved..so happy fragging!

the server can be found here:

195.149.21.114:7857

let this not discourage people to send their money to spirit, as the ULL server will be open most of the time, but not always. the more servers, the merrier.

consider it before you donate.
= fucking cock

what the point in that post..... what a dick, exploring other option my arse!

Anyway nice one dave for trying and making an effort im not playing iAS at the mo but once my masters is over ill play and donate

Well, I contributed. :angel: The first person to make jokes about Scottish tight-fistedness will get a right :hammer: from me! :D

Tbh, I think this sort of thing will only become more common. Those wanting to play on "public" servers will need to cough up themselves, as the larger companies take servers offline or use them for something else.