New AMD 64 + 5950 Ultra

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

THE Lightning

Jun 8, 2001
Norwich, UK
hiya guys. its ya old m8 lighty :)

having a nightmare with this damn machine. running new amd64 3200+ with a geforce 5950 ultra. every game ive tried just hangs as soon as u start it! tried new drivers from both mobo website, latest nvidia drivers etc etc. still no joy. unplugged everything but the gfx card and it still does it.

Any help. ICQ: 48335822 please

/me slaps lee
IF youre getting a high end card why not get a proper one too? that card will be shite for DX9 games lol

a GeforceFX 5950 ain't that bad :P.

I think some guys believed too much what valve said about the DirectX9-performance (aka Half-Life2-Benchmarks). No1 knows exactly until the first high-class DirectX9-games come out.

Last edited:
you know, theres other DX9 games than HL2 as well
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness being one of the first of them.
and guess what, the Radeons wipe the floor with any of the nvidia models. hell, even the 9700 pro beats the top model of nvidia.

Nephilim said:
you know, theres other DX9 games than HL2 as well
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness being one of the first of them.
and guess what, the Radeons wipe the floor with any of the nvidia models. hell, even the 9700 pro beats the top model of nvidia.

you know my opinion, so no need to repeat it.

btw Neph you work for Ati? ^^

although I wouldnt mind doing so, no.
I know your opinion yes, Im just pointing out how the card will be wasted money if you still want to play games on good performance in a few months.

well ta for the rather off topic posts :P

found out what the problem was. my dickhead of a mate at work decided to put 512 ram 400mhz and 2x256ram 333 mhz. Didnt even think about it till i looked to see what it was running. Just assumed he would know better than that!!