New Admins

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set up the server in 5 minutes. It continued to crash. So i spent longer debugging and setting up. It continued to crash. ALL matches were moved to other servers. All league servers continued to crash.

fia vs tco was moved to clan server as they both agreed on this. I set up the server. The match is fine.

ULL vs DoG. Could not agree on a server. Pending Ajax / Bas to look over the case for resolution.

Maybe you didn't realise, but I was fixing more than one server tonight.

Give Weirdo a break, he had to fix FiA vs Tco matchservers 3 times this evening
Was a first taste of being admin and all the abused linked to it :rolleyes:
He did a good job considered it was his 'first' day

... And if i wasn't around tonight, then everyone would have to reschedule anyway, so I don't see why people are getting so hysterical about this.

Reactions: Toa$ter
sorry for being very straight forward here, but...
player 63, who the hell do you think you are you fucking muppet? first of all theres 3 new admins for the serversetup, not 5, and having 1 there at all is good, considering how bad the situation had been before. Now these 3 admins never had the real admin time pressure on them when setting servers, AND theres a difference between setting up your clanserver in 5 mins and setting up a leagueserver in 5 mins. you dont have half the setup & crash factors on your little clanserver compared to a leagueserver in full gear. And above all, its everyone's first fucking week at this job and you should be thankful that even one out of the 3 has (apparently) wasted his time trying to set up your match - you certainly dont deserve it, judging from this thread here.
/flamemode off.

seriously, I had to get that steam off - I know weirdo's POV all too well.

i can set a server up in 5 mins max even if its playing around i sent a e-mail to become a admin told them everythink i could offer what i know about the league allready.

now we see why ur really pissed off :D
/me runs

Edit: ok re-read some stuff, and i know ive been good recently and not flamed that much but u really are an ungrateful little shithead player63, think before you post and give people a chance before u go mental at them. You ever had to work? you ever had a first day at work where you aint used to stuff and are getting yelled at by customers? fucking moron f0

Last edited:
Weirdo does know wot he is doing and hes also a nice guy so id suggest u leave him alone.

Player 63 ur a prick in fact no ur a total nob posting things like this, its no fucking wonder ur not an admin is it fs.

Fuck off somewhere else if u dont have anything good to say because as far as i know it was hard enough getting these admins in the first place and the last thing they need is a tosser like u causing trouble when it isnt needed.

Reactions: Ðeadßoy
nephigimp can f0 too fs, didnt read your post before mine and its exactly the same, now i feel silly :p:
theres an echo in here gd it

:rofl: :lol:

»Player~63« said:
well ive found our first dickhead admin '//3iRd(o) setting up a server to heard for him ffs :shout: :mad:
Damn, how could Bas overlook this guy and make "dickheads" admins instead?!?!?!

So, Timo didnt set up a server fast enough for ya, he should be dropped from the server admins straight away then. It takes no time to do this, shoulda been done before you asked.

Look, we have more people to set up servers than ever before, doesnt mean there wont be nights when not a single one of them can be found. Appreciate that even when they are about, if things are going wrong you may not be top priority every time, they can only do one thing at a time. And if Timo was on his own, with more than one server causing problems you might not get your server set up first.

Ya i do have a job and yes i get yelled at every fucking day. yes i know what its like having your first day.

When you deal with yelling costomers over the phone at pointless and fucked up loones complain about there internet connection to Virgin Dialup you learn to fuck life... :D

i dont give a fucking shit about anyone in this world i dont care about anyone at all...

everyone fucks you one way or another...

did the job discription not say admin's have to handle abuse! well im just fucking testing them! :D

also it says admin must be avalible most of the time... im allways online cant really go out with a desseased heart i was only let out of hospical because i requested to live my life how i liked.

Ive been setting up game servers for about 5 years now not just UT. Freespace 1 & 2, Quake 2 & 3 all UT Versions. jedi kight, star trek elite force 1 & 2, Veritcong, GTA VC MP, SOF 1 & 2, Tac Ops, Call of Duty, MOHAA, and many more games to come.

i know the league assault server run on a auto config liked with a masave database and i know what a basted they can be when they brake.

Ive bee helping clans out since i first ran my own to learn more about the league i give newbie clan leaders advice tell them how to conferm a submited score what the best kind or maps sute the diffrent game types, like if they have any questions or problems people come to me for some help like what admin to talk to and who will give the quickist feedback.

and when i filled out the forum to become a admin there where somethings i did not know like UT scripts. i did state that i would love to learn how to script if i was unable to do somethink or i will be offline for some time that i would give maximum notice to other admins workin with me and the people that keep the league running all you looney players out there :D im tryin to do what i can to help keep the league running. im only doing this mazon re edit so i learn and refresh me memory about UT ED once i got it back together then i will be makin my own map from scrch. Epic are making UT2005 and UT2006 and they might be making one for every year they have allready reserved domains up to 10. hint hint

so next time think about things befor you reply with your a dickhead and a twat noob and shit at least i do help around here with no powers. about 70% of people that play UT Assault wont batter a eye lid at helpin in the league.

so next time think about things befor you reply with your a dickhead and a twat noob and shit at least i do help around here
thats exactly what you did against Weirdo, and he also helps 'round here, dont you think? (even before he became technical admin, ie "without powers")

besides, I also helped around here in the past so according to your logic that would make my post legitimate :p:

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

@ »Player~63«

problem is u dont realise timo/ Weirdo is one of the wisest pple there is when it comes to ut related matters

he is there by merit of what he knows / can do same as all the other admins

so b4 u spout crap about how good u are just be aware that there are others in this community with far superior knowledge / experience than u have

admins should be respected for what they do for this community not slagged when ever some prick feels like it

i suppose u not man ennuf to appologise or accept u are wrong

your first post ever in ut forums just about says it all to me

crawl back under that rock till u grow up a bit

EDIT:http://www.utassault.net/matches/matchinfo.php?matchid=5452

Last edited:
Pls Pls Pls clam down, we are a new admin team and we dont and can't possably know every fault in the system, The reason for tonight's crashes is being looked into.

ya i appologies i went over board :p: it happens (called life and it sucks)

i know people know more than me. there is not one person in this fucking world that knows everythink...

like then costomers are yelling at me over the phone i dont yell back i never rase my thist is anger to anyone that pissed me off of hits me ok i will deffend my self but would never strike back or mouth back only happens sometimes... like tonight :D

ive seen other topics where people slag off admin and they dont get as much abusle as i got tonight. wtf you poeple do "o player-63 slaged a admin off lets all give him some shit" come on lay it on me.

I am a very polite person if you give your selfs a chance to know me. if you have a problem need someone u can talk to and not tell a sole then im your man. i dont know why but lots of girls come and talk to be about there problems i try give advice but some of the things they say arnt in my feild of expertise.

theres nothing wrong with criticism in a normal tone, but the point we're talking about here is that you seemed to be quite mad at a new admin for not having set up your match fast enough. That's the main argument. Give the guys some time to get used to the job, that's all we're asking for.

But, with this
ya i appologies i went over board, it happens
I would say the case is closed and it's gonna be okay. Move along, everyone :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.