Need some help!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WaYnOs

[Nil]
Mar 25, 2004
Liverpool, England
Right, due to the lack of any decent games out there I have decided to reinstall UT!!! I need some help with files I require though. First off, I have a AMD dual core 64 processor. Last time I installed I remember I needed some sort of patch to get it to run properly. Where or what is the name of the patch I require? Any help would be appreciated! Thx :)

ps

Also, can any of you peeps supply a list of reccomended files to download. Need things like map packs, league assault packs etc.... looking now, but any advice on any other files to install would be great. Thx again!!! lol :o

Thanks for the list of files...will be paying them a visit, just as soon as I get the copy of UT99 that I had to order on Play.com ffs, think I lost my origional game when I moved house last year!! Grrrrrrrr. Will be about a week before I get the disc through in the post. Tried a downloaded version last night, but when I was trying to apply one of the bonus packs, it asked me to insert the game disc into drive D: I did tell it to FO and multiply but it wasnt having any of it!!! :x Anyways, might as well get to work on building user.ini file whilst I am waiting.... :)

what packages would be needed for assault? I know I would need something like Eavsy Browser and League Assault mods and then there are the other packages like Flags etc, So much hassle to sort out but worth it. This is still the best game I have ever played. If they could release this (so the game still plays in exactly the same way it does now and with the same game types), for the current market, I am sure it would piss on everything!!! :)

Oh and btw... thx for your help :D

OK....downloading now. So when I download the main UT file, Install it as you would from disk ie to C:/Unreal Tournament and then it looks like the umod installer is present which hopefully will install the other files into the correct location? then all I need to worry about is modding the user.ini to suit my keys etc. Flippin 'eck.... nice file if this is how easy its gonna be! Just need to download the amd or ut patch now to get around the dual core thinggy problem! (My technical knowledge is astounding, really!!) Thanks again for your help :nod:

I'm french i don't understand this ..... can you rephrase it ?
So when I download the main UT file, Install it as you would from disk ie to C:/Unreal Tournament and then it looks like the umod installer is present which hopefully will install the other files into the correct location?

Right, have installed UT now and have started modifying my ini file. Need some help with hammerjump bind though. I want to bind hammerjump to the key between the right windows key and the right ctrl key. In my last ini I am sure it was unknown 5D (or very similar) however, I am using a different keyboard (Logitech G19) and it doesnt work. Perhaps its wrong! Also, would like to know where I can find the latest OpenGL file and settings for UT ini. I am sure I got them off forums last time, but cant seem to find them now. Thx guys :o

Seeing you have a G19 you can rebind the button you mean, to 'be another button' :D
It's somewhere in the Logitech keyboard settings.

OK Found the opengl files and used Deadboys settings, works fine. Sneez, not sure what you mean mate? I need to configure my user.ini file so when I press that key that looks like a page with an arrow on it (think its used to select text when copy and pasting) I use my hammer jump!

he prolly means you can re-assign the relevent key to whatever keystroke you want and then bind it in your ini from there aka "button you want to use" = L - in user.ini L=Say LoL

Think the logitec version of this proggy might be called setpoint...

If you need a hammerjump bind... heres the one i use...

Aliases[26]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=zoink)

and where you find the button you want to assign it to in ur ini:
MiddleMouse=zoink

edit the alias number is somewhat irrelevant, use whatever the next available number in ur ini is.

Last edited:
I assume that bind will only work if your weapon 1 is your piston? Will give it a blast and see what happens. However, I still need to know what my UT user.ini recognises the key I want to use as. Like is said previously, it used to be know as something like "unknow 5D" so my hammer bind would be something like "unknown 5D=hammer" I have enclosed an image to make things clear!

Attachments

• Hammer Key.jpg
    Hammer Key.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 60
Anyone got any idea's yet? Oh, and use different key to hammer jump aint a real option! Just had a quick game online and tried using the Numberpad 0 key, disaster!!! :(

Open ut , assign this key for anything , jump for example , then find in user.ini 'jump' and look for a proper key (Unknown5D probably). Make Unknown5D=DoubleJump|JumpRel|Hammerjump and add something like that "Aliases[26]=(Command="getweapon ImpactHammer | Button bFire | Fire | Onrelease jump",Alias=Hammerjump)". Now it should work.

Already tried that. When I tried to bind this key to a know command (like jump) when I press the key it is not recognised. In otherwords, nothing happens. It is really starting to piss me off now!!! 10 yrs of playing this game and I cant even edit a fookin stupid user.ini file ffs! FAIL :o

Here is a copy of my user.ini If any of you clever peeps out there can figure out why the bind on the key I want wont work, please feel free to let me know. I know this bind worked on my Microsoft intellipoint keyboard. Just cant get it to work on this Logitech. Thx guys and sorry to be a pain in the ass! :o

Sorry guys, forgot to add user ini file!!! Just another quick comment. I have also tried setting ALL of the Unknown keys to hammer. This still does not work. Was thinking it might be an issue with the Keyboard? dunno. Can use hammer bind when it is used in conjunction with other keys, ie Numbpad0 or spacebar etc just not when I want to bind it to the key I have always used!! damn annoying!!! :mad:

Attachments

• User.rar
    5.1 KB · Views: 18