Navarone test

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
u can test the current AS-Navarone on DoG custom map server.

changes sice GRZ´s original alpha version:

- added some zoneportals 4 performance
- fixed a ivisible brush on a stairway down
- added some triggerd deaths at the bottom of the dam
- changed spawnsystem after first 2 charges (be4 att. enters elevator)
- added some boxes 4 cover
- added a keg
- added a amp :P
- added a bio :p:

download it here :) <-- new version 3.11.07

please post all bugs and suggestions here....thx :D

edit: version 020..fixed 2 movers

Last edited:
1) Fix the supplies mover. Defenders can also "move" it. People that don't have fortstandards on and don't know the map will be clueless about that objective.
2) Add a box to the bio ammo. You can not reach it now by just jumping. You can make a secondary backhammer of the building next to it or do a secondary hammer off the box (which will not always work). And i doubt people will hammerjump for the ammo ;<

Last edited:
1) Fix the supplies mover. Defenders can also "move" it. People that don't have fortstandards on and don't know the map will be clueless about that objective.
2) Add a box to the bio ammo. You can not reach it now by just jumping. You can make a secondary backhammer of the building next to it or do a secondary hammer off the box (which will not always work). And i doubt people will hammerjump for the ammo ;<

the supplie and the detonator thing will be fixed in next version

u can dodge to the bio :)

Must say I like it very much still, the changes you made were very nice and I can't wait to see the new version.

A couple things I think need improvement:
I dislike the background music. A good map has good music. It's not important, but it's obnoxious when playing alone and testing the map :p:
That elevator at the end, on the right-hand side after you enter the gigantic elevator down. It still needs to be fixed because it can't be walked or dodged onto. Cut out the floor beneath it so that it can fit :)
Weapons: The weapon choice at final is very bad. There's sniper on both ends and that's very tough for high pingers such as myself, how about a minigun on one side? :D

OK well after a bit of playing this map the choke points arent as bad as first thought. Some points can be held before you start going underground.

However! Once the first 2 charges are set the map becomes unplayable. The lift is in the wrong place completely, inevitably its just gonna be someone camping there in a 6v6 ready to go on it and then its all straight forward. I suggest closing that entrance and making a new 1 directly above where the 3rd charge is, or close by. Making that the entry and moving the 3rd charge to where the elevator exits down low atm!

Ba]V[sE;1431174 said:
So you think bio rifle is OK? :rofl: :satan:

lol...didn't find that.

We know from the early development that the swastikas were removed so as to cause no offense...so clearly the map is set in the early 20th century, and so the weapons should reflect that in some way.

The way the map is set out, it needs a Shock rifle. Once you get to the 2nd part of the map (before underground parts) that is solely a shock defence position. Very hard to defend it other ways with so many obstacles in the way.

Something drastic needs doing with the lift for this to become popular though. Seems just totally pointless with the way it is.