Mute Enemy

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wan

Jun 11, 2001
Scotland
A post macth quote from our recent match with IAS.

"Really could not understand the need for mute enemy in a match with no flaming :\ but each to thier own, saves listening to me I suppose. "

To IAS m8s. I dont use mute enemy to stop flaming but to ensure that the console is clear so that i can read msg's and who has died, which cant really be done with 15 line LOL littering the console. Tho occasionally i do use it to stop arses (no ref arsey) moaning.

Good match btw

some of our players use it as well just to keep their console clear and their head clear, nothing to do with opponants mostly xept when they're arse but usually you'll find our whole clan muting then :)

we pld shit
that wasnt the way we usually play
well sry to say that but my overall impression was that u (bib) were pretty cold - the mute didnt make it any better
there was just no chatting going on from ur side
except one or two things i dont wanna mention here :rolleyes:

gg anyway - even though i dont consider the match a fun match

Originally posted by «)Fîrë$±ørm(»
we pld shit
that wasnt the way we usually play
well sry to say that but my overall impression was that u (bib) were pretty cold - the mute didnt make it any better
there was just no chatting going on from ur side
except one or two things i dont wanna mention here :rolleyes:

gg anyway - even though i dont consider the match a fun match

1. Wan's already explained why he muted. Its not to piss anyone off. But you try concentrating on "incoming" binds from teammates who can't connect to teamspeak, and then find its constantly being missed due to someone spamming the 4 line "lol" message.

2. I don't care how you played. Last time we played, you beat us 8-1, and lots of maps were pretty damn close if I remember. This time, same thing. Fair few close maps - Desertstorm springs to mind. Which is funny given that arse's match comment from our previous game was something like "match highlight: flak n00bing thur 2 pixels from the final objective on desertstorm". :D

3. No chatting from us. Well, is that such a big problem? Let me explain: there was a time less than a year ago when -)BiB(- were driving all before them. We had at least two months of winning every game we played in both the iAS and Std leagues. At one point we were favourites to dislodge Mr from their top spot in the insta league - in fact, after Mr, we had the longest spree of wins which no one else has yet beaten to my knowledge. Then, we had all sorts of member problems, with people leaving for various reasons. Look at the games we've played and lost over the past few months. Notice anything? Like, perhaps, the fact that we were losing to clans we used to beat, simply because we were always short of players? I mean, I see at least two clans in div2 who have yet to beat us in the 4 or so times we've played them. Any idea what it does to team morale, always losing coz you're short of players?

Our shortage of players is/was our own problem. Now, we have enough members again. And we're winning matches again. Its not that were "cold" - its just that we want to focus on doing our best as a team and not get into any flame wars over nothing.

I remember one match we played recently, where we fell behind 6-1. Our opponents were getting cockier and cockier with every map they won, making all kinds of rude/cheeky comments. Then we started coming back. The cheeky comments died out as the score steadily climbed from us being 6-1 down to winning 8-6. We could have made all sorts of nasty comments at that point. But we didn't. I guess its coz we're "cold" :rolleyes:

I've checked the irc log and the demos I've recorded from the match last night. I can't see anything said by any -)BiB(- member slating or abusing any *=)IAS(=* member - the only thing I do see is two guys who know each other joshing with each other, which you expect.

I've posted in your forums saying what a good game it was, and we didn't make a cheeky match comment like you did.

For what its worth, my impression was that you weren't playing the way you say you can because you seemed to have new members who maybe weren't quite up on team tactics. Although it was hard to say with all the name changing going on.

I know a few *=)IAS(=* members to play with from insta at least, and like to think I get on OK with them. Match is over, leave it at that.

Last edited:
i flamed ice/fire cant remember which cos they iz both gh3yboyzz aiiiiiiiiiii.

p.s

pwned :fingers:

[edit] i also muted for the same reason

:wave:

i owned you though :p:

yes you flamed me for lagging all the way through :rolleyes:

peeps usually do that when theyre getting owned ;)

didnt expect anything else :D

let it rest now it was a gg.

until next time :D

u onwed me? how u figure that one? :lol:

duuuuuuh score was 8-4 ..... take it biatch. :whip:

i bet ur team would love to here that

ICE THE SUPER STAR SOLO ARTIST.
:rofl: i think u need to go back a listen to AS tutorial m8y pie

"assault is a team based ...."

youre dodging the topic :rolleyes:

well what am i supposed to say "thanks for the launch it went right through the map and made me crater"? or "thanks for jumping infront of my rocketlauncher"? :D

Originally posted by Thuringwethil
I've posted in your forums saying what a good game it was, and we didn't make a cheeky match comment like you did.

For what its worth, my impression was that you weren't playing the way you say you can because you seemed to have new members who maybe weren't quite up on team tactics. Although it was hard to say with all the name changing going on.
[/B]

I am "Mr Cheeky Match Comment man" :D
My big disappointment of the game was the missing "chemistry" between Thur and Dragon :P, no sparks flying at all. I like a match with a little banter, but I think the bitches were to busy being alot better than us for that.

We had no new members just old ones who have not pld enough together recently....

Bitches were the better and quieter team on the night. so no more to be said really.

and ffs with Wan muted he could not get my sweet little nothings aimed at him.....

i dont get what u re trying to say...
guess u got a lil off topic :P
u tell me that u dont care how we pld or how i see how we pld but u re telling me all those things :D
all im saying that i expected a fun match but there was no chatting from ur side which is v important to me to have fun

oh one lil thing:
I've checked the irc log and the demos I've recorded from the match last night. I can't see anything said by any -)BiB(- member slating or abusing any *=)IAS(=* member - the only thing I do see is two guys who know each other joshing with each other, which you expect.

get to fuck u laggy wank
/bib arkon aka joko?

dont get me wrong u did a good job... its just that i expected more...

Originally posted by <=Joko=>
i flamed ice/fire cant remember which cos they iz both gh3yboyzz aiiiiiiiiiii.

p.s

pwned :fingers:

[edit] i also muted for the same reason

:wave:

dang u make a twat out of urself... omg pld! :)
ps i think u flamed me because u werent able to hit me with flak at gen
i had 4 hps and u missed me with flak close range :lol:
and y am i a gayboy? :confused: explain plz

oh and thur i think u have enough abuse right here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.