"Must have" - tools and programs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Startup Organiser - to control what apps start when you open XP, what order they open in, how long you want to leave in between one prog opening and another, and of course removing stuff you don't want starting up. Also warns you when something tries to add itself to your list of bootup items.

Process Lasso - I was asking about how to control the processor usage of apps without having to do it manually through Task Manager every time, and someone suggested this - tremendous program will optimise your XP and make you wonder how you ever got by without it.

Sunbelt Personal Firewall
- best firewall I've found so far, after trying nearly all of them.

Audio Burst - great little winamp plugin that really enhances your mp3s even on crap speakers.

Internet Download Manager - the name and the homepage make it sound like shit, but really this is the best manager I've ever used, and beats Flashget by not deleting all your lists when your PC crashes.

Since people are adding Firefox addons I thought I'd mention some of mine. Not sure if they've been posted before but they're so good I wouldn't be surprised:

Flash Block - stops all flash files from auto-playing in a new window, good for youtube and for page load times.

No Script - award winning plugin which lets you control what scripts do and don't run in a new window. Needs a bit of configuring but it's a paranoiac's wet dream.

Adblock Plus - Lets you control what ads get to appear in browser windows. Along with the two addons above it really helps your browser security.

My Firefox plugins:
NoSquint : Remembers zoom levels for each website.
DownThemAll : Download manager
Better Privacy : Removes "Super cookies" (LSO flash based cookies)
and AddBlockPlus as per Useless

More addons for Firefox:

Download Statusbar - Better download management in Firefox, no need for the big download window.

Linkification - Lets you double-click a text url to turn it into a hyperlink and open it. Saves having to C+P non-hyperlinked addresses into new windows to open them.

Active Stop Button
- Been looking for this since I got Firefox, you can just right-click the STOP button on one tab to stop all the tabs in the same window loading, rather than going along multiple tabs and stopping them one by one. So useful, especially in conjunction with the bookmarks 'open all in tabs' function.

Tabs Open Relative - Firefox pays attention to the address the tabs open with and arranges them accordingly, so if I have this window at the start of a bunch of unrelated tabs and then open another one in UTA, that tab will open next to this one, rather than placing it as the last tab on the right.

Imagehost Grabber - Lets you grab all images from a page of, say, imagevenue links - like an image d/l manager, works on various hosts.

Pterodactl - If you have a lot of consecutive tabs open in a row which all contain images you want to download, this one will grab the image on the current tab and every image on each subsequent tab. Try it to see how useful it is, rather than having to Save As for each image.

No they don't :confused: I wouldn't touch v3 with a ten foot UTA player, I'm using 2.0.0.20 and they all work fine.

firefoxerror.jpg

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

from Help > About

you can open the xpi files and edit their content.
one or two files in the xpi (archive) contain the max compatible version.
other than that: where are the big differences between ffx2 and 3? what keeps you from using 3?