Mozilla Firebird 0.8 released... now called: Firefox!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

<-- die hard Firebird fan

been a little bit buggier than previous releases. You need to make sure you remove all your old themes.
I use it on a few machines and it was flakey on a couple. On one PC it picked up all the old extensions and was fine, on the others I had to get all the extensions again, which is a pain as all the support sites have been hammered with the demand.

This is one seriously good piece of software, on most sites it pisses on IE, unfortunately on about 5% of sites you still need to have IE :( (or MyIE2 :D )

I've been using Fire(bird)fox since 0.6 but only next to Opera which is my primary browser.
Mouse gestures and tab extensions are a must have for Firefox with which it is a great browser but Opera still remains my fav in terms of look, feel, options and speed. It's mostly the little things that make the difference.

I only use firebird(haven't tried the new version) on pc's, it is a beautiful browser, I keep it handy on my fileserver and if need be, I can execute it off my usb key... Now thats convinience :D

(Safari 0wns all tho ;) )

Just use i.e and i find that perfect lol dunno need for another browser :/

i use Firebird since version 0.6 and i must say this browser is really nice.
The included Popup-blocker and the option to use "Tabs" are two amazing features. And of course the secure is better than with any IE version :rolleyes:.
But the version i use atm (0.7) isn't very fast (compared to IE).

Getting up to IE speedwise is difficult since it's so embedded in the OS already.
The worst thing about IE is its use of standards. Either it does not support widely used stuff or has it's own.

It does not support alpha-layered .png for one thing. (which does make my avatar look ugly to IE users grrrr ;))
check it out
http://entropymine.com/jason/testbed/pngtrans/