More tweakies

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AtmaDragon

Jul 10, 2003
Kennewick, WA
Thanks to your guys' help here, I've gotten all the major tweaks I wanted figured out. I still have a few quandaries though:

1. What is the class of the Toxin Suit, Flashlight, and any other extra small items most maps don't have?
2. I'm trying to figure out the following tweaks:

Set UDamage M_Activated activated.
Set UDamage M_Selected selected.
Set UDamage M_Deactivated depleted.
Set UT_Stealth M_Activated activated.
Set UT_Stealth M_Selected selected.
Set UT_Stealth M_Deactivated depleted.
Set UT_JumpBoots M_Activated activated.
Set UT_JumpBoots M_Selected selected.
Set UT_JumpBoots M_Deactivated drained.
Set Unreali.SCUBAGear M_Activated activated.
Set Unreali.SCUBAGear M_Selected selected.
Set Unreali.SCUBAGear M_Deactivated depleted.

But in the console the message reads

SCUBA Gearactivated.

etc. for the others. How do I fix this? And what exactly does having "Get" instead of "Set" for these messages do?

3. What exactly is the relationship between items getting activated/selected/deactivated?
4. For UT_Stealth, I've tried activating the tweaks in CTF-Command (which has an Invisibility in it) but the Invisibiliites in actual maps don't seem affected by my tweaks.
5. I know these messages

Set TournamentGameInfo DeathVerb was
Set TournamentGameInfo DeathPrep by
Set TournamentGameInfo DeathTerm killed

help my tweaks fix the "AtmaDragonkilled himself." problem, but what exactly does each do individually?

AlphAblAr^ said:
i think it wont work in new league as, so dont waste time with it -.-
some "old" tweaks still work in the new LeagueAS, but dunno if the tweaks above work :rolleyes:

Since the above tweaks don't affect meshes / textures, then there shouldn't be any problems using them with the new leagueas (i think).

Toxin suit = unreali.toxinsuit
Flashlight = unreali.flashlight
(pretty obvious really)

Hi-battery Flashlight = unreali.searchlight

As for answers to the other questions... Use the search button ffs. I have personally answered 90% of these questions before (even in reply to your own posts).

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]

As for answers to the other questions... Use the search button ffs. I have personally answered 90% of these questions before (even in reply to your own posts).[/QUOTE]

:lol: :rofl: f00king class m8 :lol:

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Since the above tweaks don't affect meshes / textures, then there shouldn't be any problems using them with the new leagueas (i think).

Toxin suit = unreali.toxinsuit
Flashlight = unreali.flashlight
(pretty obvious really)

Hi-battery Flashlight = unreali.searchlight

As for answers to the other questions... Use the search button ffs. I have personally answered 90% of these questions before (even in reply to your own posts).[/QUOTE]

Not quite. ;)

You've helped me -get- the tweaks to work, now I want to know -how- they work.

And how exactly would I search for the relationship of activated/selected/deactivated. "What is relationship of activated/selected/deactivated"?

Rel@x said:
the get/set thingy is basicly what it says.. "set" sets a value and "get" gets a value and shows it in the console :)

So there's no point in putting "get" messages in my tweaks if all I'm doing is changing them?

AtmaDragon said:
So there's no point in putting "get" messages in my tweaks if all I'm doing is changing them?
the only reason i can think of is if you wanna know the old values before changing em :)

as for activated/selected/deactivated.. why dont you try it out ur self on a server?

set the values and then see what they do

k I did that.

It seems it only happens when I have SCUBA Gear and Invisibility. When Invis runs out, SCUBA Gear selected.

Does that mean I can't be in invisible and use SCUBA Gear at the same time? And why won't the deactivated messages show up? And why won't other selected messages show up?!

:)

Activated / Selected / Deactivated messages only really apply to objects (suprisingly enough) that you activate.

In UT, these varbs have pretty much become redundant (except for, as you point out, scuba / invis).

Back in the Unreal days, you were able to pick up objects, such as flares / torches etc.. and choose when you wanted to activate them / deactivate them (object allowing). i.e. the torch (flashlight) has a battery life; in Unreal you can turn the torch off so you can use it when you need to use it, thus lengthening the life of it. In UT it's automatically switched on.

You could try using the Use function (bind Use to a button) to see if the activate/deactivate bits work, but there really isn't much use for them in UT... When in the middle of a siege - why would you want to waste time deactivating stuff? :P

In the developers bible it is said that all variables should have non-cryptic names... They pretty much succeeded in UT... When an object has a variable M_Selected - you wouldn't think that this variable stored a value about how many polygons are visible at any one time... It's quite obvious that M_Selected could be interpereted as "Message when Selected".
AtmaDragon said:
You've helped me -get- the tweaks to work, now I want to know -how- they work.
Forgive me, but in your first post you asked:
AtmaDragon said:
for the others. How do I fix this?
When I quite clearly answered this question here:
http://forums.utassault.net/showpost.php?p=1002112&postcount=8

Actually, that only applied to self-death messages, no the activated/selected/deactivated messages I was talking about. ;)

But now that I think about it I think it's probably just a problem with my mac version of ut so no worries

AtmaDragon said:
Actually, that only applied to self-death messages, no the activated/selected/deactivated messages I was talking about. ;)
The same rule applies to all messages. Why would the developers make 2 different rules for the same system? :P