More Tweak Messages

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AtmaDragon

Jul 10, 2003
Kennewick, WA
I'm trying to change some more console messages. I use the following:

Get TournamentGameInfo CorrodedMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo DrownedMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo HackedMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo MaleSuicideMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo FemaleSuicideMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo SuicideMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo ExplodeMessage

Set TournamentGameInfo CorrodedMessage was corroded.
Set TournamentGameInfo DrownedMessage drowned.
Set TournamentGameInfo HackedMessage was hacked
Set TournamentGameInfo MaleSuicideMessage killed himself.
Set TournamentGameInfo FemaleSuicideMessage killed herself.

Last edited:
Also, when I try to use Invisibility in changing the HUD messages and pick-up messages it either doesn't work or crashes.

And when I use

Set MedBox PickUpMessage You got a Health Pack +
Set HealthVial PickUpMessage You got a Health Vial +
Set HealthPack PickUpMessage You got a Big Keg o' Health +

If I try to put anything past the +'s it doesn't show up in the game itself.

Also, when I use Summon WarheadAmmo nothing appears. I walk forward and get "some ammo". What is the point of that thing when it doesn't even give you any Redeemer ammo (I've tried, it doesn't) and doesn't appear?

Last edited:
AtmaDragon said:

Get TournamentGameInfo CorrodedMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo DrownedMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo HackedMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo MaleSuicideMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo FemaleSuicideMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo SuicideMessage
Get TournamentGameInfo ExplodeMessage

Set TournamentGameInfo CorrodedMessage was corroded.
Set TournamentGameInfo DrownedMessage drowned.
Set TournamentGameInfo HackedMessage was hacked
Set TournamentGameInfo MaleSuicideMessage killed himself.
Set TournamentGameInfo FemaleSuicideMessage killed herself.

… for some reason the rest of my message isn't showing up:

EDIT: O_O

But in the game the stuff ends up showing up like:

AtmaDragondrowned

or

AtmaDragonkilled himself.

How do I fix this? I've tried putting an extra space there…

Also, what do the Suicide and ExplodeMessages dictate?

Some miscellaneous stuff:

What is the grab command? I think it's a cheat but not sure. How does one use it?

I use the waterzone viewfog tweak. Is there a tweak to allow one to look into dark corners?

I use classes like UT_EightBall for summoning weapons. I've heard there are classes you can use that respawn. If so, what are they (for weapons -and- pick-ups)?

When I use my Summon All Weapons bind in practices and I get them and get killed, the weapons are periodically automatically replaced in my inventory, even if I gather no weapons. Why does this occur?

I realize some of this stuff I asked in my other tweak post, but the stuff I'm reposting wasn't answered satisfactorily.

Last edited:
Do you get redeemer ammo??? I thought the only way to refill a redeemer was pick up another one - never seen any ammo. Maybe that's why. As for the rest of your post - I have no idea wot ur on about :D

Where to begin? :o

Well I'll work backwards...

Firstly as Humphro says, Warheadammo does not exist - there is no code for its mesh/texture etc; it is simply a filler ammo. Useless pointed out that the ony way to pick up more ammo for the redeemer (in a proper game) is to pick up another redeemer (max ammo = 2 under normal circumstances iirc).

But in the game the stuff ends up showing up like:

AtmaDragondrowned

or

AtmaDragonkilled himself.
This is because you can't put a leading space into the message. In LeagueAS136 you can bypass this by putting in a colour code then a space then another colour code... Otherwise the only (untested) suggestion I can make is putting in a couple of ascii characters (12?) to replace the leading space. (Don't ask me to spell out how you do this - if you want to tweak your messages you need to figure this out yourself).

I use the waterzone viewfog tweak. Is there a tweak to allow one to look into dark corners?
Neither of these are permitted in online play (136+).

I use classes like UT_EightBall for summoning weapons. I've heard there are classes you can use that respawn. If so, what are they (for weapons -and- pick-ups)?
Read other threads. I've explained this AT LEAST once before. There's a search button at the top of the page - use it.

When I use my Summon All Weapons bind in practices and I get them and get killed, the weapons are periodically automatically replaced in my inventory, even if I gather no weapons. Why does this occur?
Why does it bother you? :o I can only suggest that because your summoning such a vast amount of objects in one area, that they attach themselves to your playerpawn / that area. I'm not quite sure - it doesn't sound exactly like a big problem to me.

Set MedBox PickUpMessage You got a Health Pack +
Set HealthVial PickUpMessage You got a Health Vial +
Set HealthPack PickUpMessage You got a Big Keg o' Health +

If I try to put anything past the +'s it doesn't show up in the game itself.
Have you actually seen what it does when you change that string?

Whatever value you put in, UT will always parse it then place the AMOUNT of health you are receiving at the end of the string.

i.e. You got a Health Pack +20

so if you're going to change it you must always expect the value to be at the end:

i.e. Picked up Medi-Pack, *

There is no way to put anything after the value that UT appends.

Last edited: