More mad Americans

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I'm assuming you're referering to the Collateral Murder video?

Wikileaks is such a very important website.. shame they are struggling to make keep going financially though.

this is war, shit happends get over it

theres prolly shit like that and even stuff that's much worse happening every week

they shouldn't have gone to irak in the first place, saddam a threat to the USA? yeah right!

I wonder why the brittish government supported the invasion of irak in the first place.

The facts:
  • A US Apache Gunship killed 10 people, 2 of which worked for Reuters as a journalist and driver
  • Apache crew had to make a decision in real time without knowing who the people were or what they were carrying
  • The video allows for analysis of the Apache crews observations and actions after the event, with more information
My thoughts:

Did the Apache crew get it wrong?
With the information available in 2010, yes they did.

Did the Apche crew act professionally?
No, they laughed at the death and mutilation of human beings. They appear trigger happy and itching to engage

Did the Pentagon/US Forces cover up the incident?
Judging by the quotes from the Washington Post and other sources they claim:
  1. "I know that two children were hurt, and we did everything we could to help them. I don't know how the children were hurt" is a lie and a cover-up since the video and voice comms clearly shows how the children were hurt.
  2. "There is no question that coalition forces were clearly engaged in combat operations against a hostile force" which is such a vague statement since that could reffer to any combat operation at anytime in Iraq. The video and knowledge that 2 of the people were Reuters journalists clearly implies that the engagement was only 1 way and that it was the Apache gunship which engaged the wrong group of people.
  3. The decision to take the children to the closest hospital was overruled so that the children would not be the responsibility of the US Forces.
    By handing them over to the Iraqi Police to take them to an Iraqi hospital is a sign that even at an early stage the US Forces were trying to distance themselves from the casualties.
This entire incident wouldn't even be a story if the US Government had the balls to actually tell the truth about how 10 people and 2 journanlists were killed by US Forces.

And it's shit like this which makes other conspiracies more plausable, since all the available evidence tries to bury the story and actions of the people.

I got respect for our forces and the coalition. I don't think they should be there, but I also don't think they should be underequipped, paid so poorly and treated so badly once they get home. But they shouldn't be in this conflict based on the lies which got us there in the first place.

Bit long for chit chat.

I hadn't even heard about this wikileak thing until I saw this thread. What's it all about really?

Just makes you wonder why youtube seems to mess around with stats in this case? it says a bit over 300 views and the uploader's total upload views 0, yet there's already over 1000 subscribers (this stat messed up as well?) and plenty of comments... Seems they're still trying to hide the truth. Also stuff like this not reaching major medias is pretty messed up, makes me want to believe all those conspiracy theories...

bring da truth wikileaks :]

At this moment, I would like to take the opportunity and lift this concersation back to the high chit chat level.

BZ9gn.jpg

Not A Discussion To Be Made On Chit Chat Although Martz Resumed It Quite Well

(sorry Caps)

<conspiracy>
ZOMG GOVERNMENT AND EVERYONE HIDING THE TROOF
CENSORING TEH INTARWEBS
THEY READING OUR BRAINZ
EVERYONE TO YOUR TINFOILS HATS

conspiracy.jpg

</conspiracy>

Last edited by a moderator:
pfff html its not like its hidden on the INTERNETS, but have you seen the clip or any reports on tv were the oldschool ppl read their news? (way to serious for chitchat :P)

It's gotten TONS of feature on national media since it's release, so I suppose it's working. Somewhat.

It's gotten TONS of feature on national media since it's release, so I suppose it's working. Somewhat.
yeah did actually read about it in the newspaper (swedish) and it stated "possible warcrime filmed" :lol:
acticle also states that its not confirmed by the us military thats its civilians they shoot. So mainsteam is so slant imo:shout:

@html Through your sarcasm are you saying that the official statements by the US DOD accurately describe what happened in the leaked video? Or are you trying to be funny by mimicing peoples anger towards what they see in the video?

acticle also states that its not confirmed by the us military thats its civilians they shoot. So mainsteam is so slant imo:shout:

The American military said in a statement late Thursday that 11 people had been killed: nine insurgents and two civilians. According to the statement, American troops were conducting a raid when they were hit by small-arms fire and rocket-propelled grenades. The American troops called in reinforcements and attack helicopters. In the ensuing fight, the statement said, the two Reuters employees and nine insurgents were killed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/world/middleeast/13iraq.html?_r=1

There's plenty of articles about it.