More league related stuff

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Unseen

gloom
Sep 11, 2001
Finland
well a few more things i was thinking about:
1) a poll for map time; map time is atleast atm a server setting and not map based :o

2) a poll for spawn time; this is one of the things that might need some testing as iwe noticed some maps become quite spammy with spawn time 0

3) a testing period for the player amout for the matches; already the cb 5v5 format makes for some quite spammy maps, and i think most of the ppl voting here haven't actually played a clan match yet (as only RC and nuclF members here have pld in cb; dunno if others have pld somewhere else)

thats all i can come to think of for now... a similar system to the normal leagues would imo be best when there are enough clans (9 clans a division, same relegation systems etc)

nice work getting so far admins :thumb:

Unseen said:
well a few more things i was thinking about:
1) a poll for map time; map time is atleast atm a server setting and not map based :o

Added this poll

Unseen said:
2) a poll for spawn time; this is one of the things that might need some testing as iwe noticed some maps become quite spammy with spawn time 0

Added this poll too

Unseen said:
3) a testing period for the player amout for the matches; already the cb 5v5 format makes for some quite spammy maps, and i think most of the ppl voting here haven't actually played a clan match yet (as only RC and nuclF members here have pld in cb; dunno if others have pld somewhere else)
Imo, the best solution would be to start with the number of players that the polls will end with, and if people think its too spammy, we could make a new poll when the league is going

just copy most of the CB settings, theyre fine. ie: superweaps off, 15 timelimit, 6on6, 1 or 2 secs spawnprotection (not sure about this 1 how long the sp is) etc. CB thought about this quite well and they changed their rules a couple of times, why not make use of it, its way better then the CB assault rules which were just non-existible :P

about the maps: some are spammy, true, primeval and frostbite. maybe consider not adding those 2 in the league cause theyre guardiaalike and just a waste of everybodies time

what game modes is the league gonna do ?

take ut99 for example we got std, pro and insta is the same gonna happen for 2k4 ?

Ajax said:
what game modes is the league gonna do ?

take ut99 for example we got std, pro and insta is the same gonna happen for 2k4 ?
Unofficially...

... there will be 1 x standard league. It's all about demand, if there are enough clans interested in a league gametype, and we can get a league mutator written for it, then we will make it available.

Reactions: Ajax
this back up timer dont let it get 2 zero because you will get spammed the shit out off you the best is 7 sec me thinks because you most likly end up waiting 5 because you dont die every time straight on the 7 sec .these maps are build with this 7 sec let them keep them its there 4 a reason if you make it 0 you get spaamed your ass off like unseen .

Reactions: Geo
i for one cba wait for 7 sec, i wanna play fs. i think it would work fine 5vs5 or 6vs6, all maps are not like fallencity :o

all iam saying is that you can use those 7 sec good when your on atack on def ofcourse its shit but atacking is groups is better then run on your own 2 serten death :P i think you realy should think this treu b4 you vote 0 sec because you can spam every map there is now

i agree with terror here to a certain extent; the maps that there currently are available do require some spawn counter time... maybe 5 seconds would be enough tough, i h8 waiting a full 7 :o

yep i voted 5 as the best compromise for the current std maps. Would like to see it go though if possible through the design of custom maps (eventually launching? ;))

agree with gringo here, bring back launching :D

sux when map designers for assault make either bt-wannabe maps, vehicle race maps or huge maps fs :x
the bp2 map was decent but is a bit weird, buggy and vehicle orientated imo, bring back the as maps without vehicles! :)

sofar on pubs "every" second i have to wait is 1 too much for me, it's driving me insane.... really don't enjoy AS because of it

then again things will be completely different in clanwars so i won't mingle in the discussion :o

I find AS is way playable in publics and i reckon in wars the way it is will be even better ,just awaiting league to be up and running if its gonna happen. (oh and id like to see launching kept out for now !)

And 0 spawn time lmao cmon talk sense hrhr !

way it works is timer that flashes at top left if its sitting at 0 youll not need to wait any secs to spawn if its at 5 secs when you die then 5 secs to spawn etc etc so if you keep an eye on it then you know when to suicide at right time and if your in fight and its at 7secs you better hope you pwn the fcuker or last for 5 secs at least in the 1-1 fight .

Last edited:
Reactions: .Terror.
with out spawn time it'd be even more spammy than it already is lol

i'd just reduce it to a 4 or 5 second wait instead of 7

LeNiXiS said:
with out spawn time it'd be even more spammy than it already is lol

i'd just reduce it to a 4 or 5 second wait instead of 7
Then it would still be more spammy than it already is?