Mission Complete

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Geo

One & Only
Aug 20, 2003
Scotland
"Mission complete": Australia ends combat operations in Iraq, pulls out troops

Australia's defense minister says pulling the country's combat troops out of Iraq was overdue, and that the deployment there since the 2003 U.S.-led invasion had overstretched military resources.
The Defense Department announced Sunday it officially ended combat operations in Iraq and its 550 combat troops had begun returning home from their deployment in southern Iraq.
Defense Minister Joel Fitzgibbon told a news conference Monday that Australia's military was overstretched with commitments in East Timor, Afghanistan and Iraq.
The head of Australia's defense force, Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, said the "operational over-watch mission is complete and the Iraqis are handling business in the province."

Mission accomplished? rofl. iraq is way more insecure than ever before.
Atleast one USA-puppy became sane. Lets hope that the administrations of UK and the USA itself will realise that one day too.

It's a shame what they did in iraq.
Hundred times more civilians died during this war than during the attack on the wall trade center.
Many more were inprisoned and tortured without any proof.
Overall they do exactly the same they did in vietnam. After years they realise that they cant control this situation and try to get out. As soon as the US troops are out, a huge civil war will start with even more casulties.
And even after rumours say that the US attacked mainly because of oil interests, the price for oil raised way more than ever before. So even that failed.

Like i said, a big shame for mankind. The current US administration should be punished for what they started. But unfortunally that will never happen. If you are high enough in charge, you can do whatever you want without getting any punishment.

Last edited:
© ITN 2008

US President George W Bush has urged Gordon Brown not to pull British troops out of Iraq.
Mr Bush, who was due to fly into Britain on Sunday for the final leg of his European tour, said there should be no "definitive timetable" for troop reductions.
His comments followed a report that the Prime Minister could make an announcement on a final pull-out of Britain's remaining 4,500 troops before the end of the year.
Asked about the possibility of a formal timetable for major reductions, he said: "Our answer is: there should be no definitive timetable."
He added: "I am confident that he, like me, will listen to our commanders to make sure that the sacrifices that have gone forward won't be unravelled by draw-downs that may not be warranted at this point in time.
"I look forward to discussing it with him."

My view is that i welcome Australia's withdrawal from Iraq and i also hope Gordon Brown withdraws the 4,500 troops aswell.The Iraqi people need there own country back to themselves and run it if they are capable. There will be civil war there is no doubt about that , however that is the only way this can come to an end. The 2 choices are now Withdraw From Iraq and then the Civil War begins or Iraq remains occupied with foreign forces. There will be no easy way out this no matter who was 2 blame at the start, but it has too end one way or the other. It has been going on for far 2 long now imho.

Mission accomplished? rofl. iraq is way more insecure than ever before.
Atleast one USA-puppy became sane. Lets hope that the administrations of UK and the USA itself will realise that one day too.

It's a shame what they did in iraq.
Hundred times more civilians died during this war than during the attack on the wall trade center.
Many more were inprisoned and tortured without any proof.
Overall they do exactly the same they did in vietnam. After years they realise that they cant control this situation and try to get out. As soon as the US troops are out, a huge civil war will start with even more casulties.
And even after rumours say that the US attacked mainly because of oil interests, the price for oil raised way more than ever before. So even that failed.

Like i said, a big shame for mankind. The current US administration should be punished for what they started. But unfortunally that will never happen. If you are high enough in charge, you can do whatever you want without getting any punishment.

True. The invasion was staged wrong from the beginning.
But imagine your country being bombarded by your own planes causing 5000+ deaths ? ( Not to mention all the other terrorist activities ) Something had to be done.

What Sneez said. :)
When there were no foreign armies in Iraq it was a mess also with all countries whining about the human rights which were so bad. Bush saw a change to (1) show the world that the US is still the most powerfull, (2) get some ell cheapo oil and (3) get rid of all the nastyness in Iraq.

I still don't think it's that bad that military are there comparing it with Iraq before the war. just the arguments were wrong.

True. The invasion was staged wrong from the beginning.
But imagine your country being bombarded by your own planes causing 5000+ deaths ? ( Not to mention all the other terrorist activities ) Something had to be done.

ofc saddam hussein was a criminal, no discussion about that.
But compared to the situation today, less people died every day.
And for what? Just to complet what his retarded father started over one decade ago? Just for oil?

USA and its partners spent billions and billions for this one issue.
Just image what other good things they could have done with such an amount of money. That's so ridiculous and insane, it's almost funny.

Why should the USA had to invade Iraq? Oh yeah to get rid of a dictator, right?
But then why they dont invade african and south american countries where other dictators are in charge and even genocides are dialy made?
Hmm maybe it's becuase they dont have oil or other features USA could be interested in?

All politicians are lying bastards who wanna save and increase their powers. They get paid by the the industry, they dont care about the wealth of other people and they dont care if anythign is good or bad for the "mankind", those sentences are just excuses without any meaning to justify their selfish actions.

I feel sorry for the people in afghanistan and iraq. They will suffer much more when the UN / US troops left their country.
First figures alrdy show that the security situation in Iraq and especially in afghanistan getting worser every month.

Last edited:
Yes, I said something had to be done, and that the invasion was staged wrong all along:P
Better just put a ninja crew in hussain's palace to overthrow the government without anybody knowing . Lol.
The iraq invasion was just wrong.
Afghanistan invasion was kinda justified although also heavily wrongly planned. They didn't even get the guy they were after.

It's all because of media nowadays. You now know in an instant what kind of weather it is in Australia, when people didn't even know the weather forecast in their own town 150 years ago. This also means for news. People see more of the world, if they like it or not. So they want action, goverments to stand up. Before the war everyone was against the situation in Iraq, with saddam (i bet even you). Many other nations were behind this war aswell.

The thing that's bothering me is the organisation, they were so busy spreading world-wide they're starting a war which gave Saddam and friends to hide in a safe place. Also wrong with spreading the news that they're allready telling the world why they are there too specific. Just tell us, 'Saddamn is a terrorist, he has done this, this, this & that. Iraq is going bad, someone needs to take care of it.' But instead they told us about nuclear weapons and shit, went there for research, found nothing and still went fo a war there. This is just stupid as they could've nailed Saddam 100 times before.

I'm with Bart on the money they've spend is almost funny. They could've trained some Iraqish military to clean up their mess afterwards with that money. Heck, they almost could've trained the entire nation and some surrounding. The plan to invade Iraq wasn't solid and had no plan B or C, it had no plan for 'what we do after we took the regime down'.

All politicians are lying bastards who wanna save and increase their powers. They get paid by the the industry, they dont care about the wealth of other people and they dont care if anythign is good or bad for the "mankind", those sentences are just excuses without any meaning to justify their selfish actions.

I don't believe that politicians became politic because of that argument. Why are there politicians then, if they fuck up their own nation/people? It's just that you imagine the bad things above the right. Take a look at your healthcare , if it wasn't for politicians you wouldn't go to a hospital that easy. Or goverments sending money to other countries to help them when a disaster happened. Your picture of politicians is too small, mate :(

I feel sorry for the people in afghanistan and iraq. They will suffer much more when the UN / US troops left their country.
First figures alrdy show that the security situation in Iraq and especially in afghanistan getting worser every month.

Well, it's quite understandable that the figures look that way. Take a look at WW2.
When ww2 was finished, all kinds of people tried to take over Berlin/Germany... Communists, Democrats and hell i know what. It's just that when you police/military are on your lips for so long and you they leave after a time, you'll start thinking what you could do know. Some men/women have wrong thoughts and try to take over or showing who ar the strongest in a city,area or even a country.

just my 2 cents :angel:

Before the war everyone was against the situation in Iraq, with saddam (i bet even you). Many other nations were behind this war aswell.
ofc i was against the situation in Iraq, but i was also against the war. i expected that many innocent people will suffer.

Sure some nations were pro war, but what were their purposes?
UK + former kingdom states were pro war, becuase they are the main ally (i would say puppy) of the US.
Poland was pro war because they saw a chance to gain reputation in the US and get benefits.

Germany, Canada and France were against an intervention, because they knew that such a war wasnt justyfied at all.
At the end it has been clear that those con nations where right and that USA+partners only attacked based on a lie.

I don't believe that politicians became politic because of that argument. Why are there politicians then, if they fuck up their own nation/people? It's just that you imagine the bad things above the right. Take a look at your healthcare , if it wasn't for politicians you wouldn't go to a hospital that easy. Or goverments sending money to other countries to help them when a disaster happened. Your picture of politicians is too small, mate :(
Well mate, ofc not everything is just Black/white.
Ofc there are some good politicians, but the majority are power hungry corrupt willies.

When you wanna get in a powerful position, you've to go over corpse (not physical corpse, i mean political corpse ofc).
I saw alrdy too many times what happend in politics here and saw too many documentarys to have faith in politics.
I saw how they lie and brainwash their own citizens to get what they want - or mostly: what their interest groups want.
Companies and interest groups leading politics, not the free will of politicians.

i could give you some examples for that, but that would lead too far atm. tbh i'm too lazy :P
If you wanna know, i'll explain them 2morrow.

Well, it's quite understandable that the figures look that way. Take a look at WW2.
When ww2 was finished, all kinds of people tried to take over Berlin/Germany... Communists, Democrats and hell i know what. It's just that when you police/military are on your lips for so long and you they leave after a time, you'll start thinking what you could do know. Some men/women have wrong thoughts and try to take over or showing who ar the strongest in a city,area or even a country.

just my 2 cents :angel:

WW2 is a good example.
During the afghanistan war i heard an US spokesman seriously speaking about what a success the invasion and rebuilding of germany after 1945 was. Then he added: in the same work we'll rebuild Afghanistan.
He seriously meant what he said there.
I couldnt believe how naiv / dumb this US administration could be.

Anyway, ofc Afghanistan and Iraq have to built their own police and be stable states. that's what everyone trying to do since the end of war, until now it was not very successful.

In Afghanistan territorial leaders / clan chiefs ruling the country. politicians or the state have not much to say. Most of those leaders are old taliban. So much for a stbale state.