MIRC-Threat....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

McNeill

McMastah
Jun 8, 2001
Aberdeen
I guess this could go in the Serious nature forum, but i guess more people view chit chat so i will put it here.

www.mirc.com, I noticed some of my friends were pissing about on IRC crashing me with this new exploit in which a new version has been released.

Because of this, I thought its about time i change the IRC ive been using for over a year and try out some new scripts. Was using NO NAME SCRIPT, for a long time.

Wondered if you guys know some better ones, recommend some and why.

Just link me up and ill take a look.

However i would recommend to those that havent experienced the DCC mirc expliot to upgrade to 6.12.

p00f, it's insecure.

As with all software you should upgrade to the latest versions to block exploits, trojans, and all those people.

Martz said:
p00f, it's insecure.

As with all software you should upgrade to the latest versions to block exploits, trojans, and all those people.

Software upgrades also typically provide other cool benefits such as event logging, file logging, remote connections to the software producers company for the purposes of uploading statistics on your usage to them, scanning of all files on your PC, introduction of new, restictive EULAs which breach almost all fair use and computer crime laws in your country etc etc. And all of this without your consent or even informing you it is being done.

Typically, these "hidden benefits" are discovered a few months down the line by private software security sites who then splash the details all over the net leaving red faces all 'round.

Not that I'm a cynic or anything.

:D

Martz said:
p00f, it's insecure.

Not fully true... I´ve read somewhere the mIRC exploit is only applicable on v6.00 and above... :rolleyes: