Minigun FAQ

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Use TIW is a good idea for keeping weapon balance with higher tickrates. But I dont fully agree with u ^yako^, i think u cant remove lockdown in AS because it would affect gameplay way too much. Lockdown is an effect given to a player under minigun fire or pulse secondary, it slows down player and avoids him to dodge or even to jump sometimes.

Imo AS needs lockdown, to make that launched guy not reach the roof edge on Ballistic, or to avoid a switch objective being triggered. In many AS maps, u need minigun to molest the opponent, avoid a dodge from him. In given cases, I consider MG as a counter weapon in AS. Imo Lockdown is part of the game in AS because 1 meter is more important in AS than in any other gametypes and if u cant avoid opponent to reach objective... then what can u do? :/

A drawback of Lockdown is it makes it harder for prey to understand whats going on (be it under MG fire or pulse secondary) screen is like shaking making it quite hard to aim... maybe there is smthg that can be done concerning that but i doubt so. Personnally im open to any test, still I think Lockdown wasnt removed from AS yet for some obvious reason.

Reactions: Felerian
TIW should be a must.... Mini and Pulse Oldskool bug :(

The Matches would be Ping independent, Server choose is easier and Nation like Portugal, NA had more fun without stupid Mini pingraped by other and came back to AS leauge... AND Server run smoother if u raise the Tickrate .. :D

Lockdown is OK in Assault

Mayby it's not really topic related but i think we really should think about ZeroPing for intercontinetal matches. Why not having one server where you can enable ZP anytime you want? It's rediculous playing against players from USA with ping 180 or even higher fs.

TIW should be in since years. It had been blocked by the ones that already left this community a long time ago

TIW is thoroughly tested and LAS proof, more like a LAS MOD feature afaik. It helps balance pings disadvantage that reduces highping players possibilities in LAS (that turn most highpings dudes out due to MG importance in our LAS...).
So lets put TIW in with an official announcement in forums! Most players will adapt intuitively without even noticing a difference. With an official forum announcement all players are informed, and we can evaluate things after say 2 months, to face any problem or riot rising.

thats just my 2cents, u are welcome to explain ur pov :cool:

Last edited:
Cratos said:
TIW should be in since years. It had been blocked by the ones that already left this community a long time ago
aye, TIW :thumb:
any chance you could test it on DFP server? :)

Cratos said:

cough psy cough

/me whistles and walks away

About ZeroPing against NA clans:

Useless. Euro clans would not stand a mere chance. NA players' lag would remain afaik making them hard to hit. They in turn can hit the Euro players easily with their new 0-ping.

Thats why Im agains ZP in general. It encourages people to activate software that makes them lag more. (within a certain limit so that ZP still works)

i understand ur pov sobo, but u are talking about zeroping MOD, when this thread is more about TIW which is not related to ZP.

kelvin said:
aye, TIW :thumb:
any chance you could test it on DFP server? :)

auriel said:
i guess it has being tested for a long long time now... :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: indeed

TIW is running on DFP Public and DOG Public servers since about one year now ;)
only Leagueservers still don't run it...

just leave it as it is ffs, there has been a hell of discussion/trouble made over this, don't whant the same thing that happend months ago

Hitsounds!!!!! :topic: :ban: :P

Seriously, as Cratos has said, TIW has already been running on DFP/DoG servers for a very long time now (pretty much since the start for DoG servers).

We tried ZeroPing out on DoG customs for a while, and it proved interesting. Was the same sort of mixed response we had for TIW initially. Some ppl liked it, some ppl didn't.

Trouble with ZP is, the original ZP2 (.10/.20) mod is pretty crap compared to the UTPure version; and we tried running UTPure and LeagueAS together, which caused strange side-effects (along with the loss of enhanced hud options on leagueas etc). So we'd have to beg the UTPure team to let us have the ZP code they use.

Hitsounds should definitely be an option when booking matches tho ;) :cool:

Last edited:
Introducing Hitsounds AS AN OPTION in league servers booking page, i consider an addon to LAS matches. I have yet to see a valid points against that.

But try not spread discussion with other mutators and gadgets... IWTIWTIW