McAfee blocking IRC Connection

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

yako

?Niko®
Apr 11, 2002
Germany [NRW]
Hello guys,

Since 3 weeks I cannot join IRC anymore, just not any channel.

After a few clicks I found out that McAfee probably blocks my IRC Connection...the weird thing is, that I have deleted McAfee completely from my computer over "Delete Software" function.

I checked running services and what the heck! McAfee Services are somehow still in and also running and when I try to close down the services it says "Failure/Error 5: Access is denied"...

Well first of all why the heck is McAfee still on my computer with running services but not in the "Software" area available for delete? (as i said i have done that already tho...fs)...

And secondly, how do I delete/close down the services....

I'm logged in as Admin also...what else...

Thx for help in advance! :)

/Niko

I hope I won't say any bs, tho I think that the error\failure u get is indeed due to the fact u have actually uinstalled McAfee.
About how to close it, I usually right click on "Computer sources" then left click on "management"-->"services and applications"-->"services".. There you should get a list of all the services running on your pc and u can shut down whatever u want :)

PS: that's a tip coming from a PC noob, but lol at least im trying to help :P