MapVoteLA 12 Problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Wolfi

Sep 17, 2005
Hi all.

I'm using MapVoteLA 12 on my server.

The mapvote is working fine but the problem is that the max maps per list is 256
and my bunnytrack mod has 360 maps

So the list can only show 256 maps

Can I enlarge it so I will be able to see more then 256 maps per list ?

Thanks,

Wolfi

MeetYourMaker said:
Nope 256 is a limitation of UT, you will need to use multiple lists to see all your BT maps.

I used BDBMapVote304 before and I could see all the maps ( 360 maps) without any problem
so I think its MapVoteLA12 problem and not ut problem.

anyway,
any way to fix it ?
how do I use the multiple list to see all my bt maps?

Thanks

You will need to use filters on each list, there is a downside to this in that it filters the list everytime the maplist loads so the more maps u add the longer it can make mapchanges.

Find the filter section in the mapvoteLA.ini and edit it

List1Filter[0]=BT-A*
List1Filter[1]=BT-B*
List1Filter[2]=BT-C*
List1Filter[3]=BT-D*
etc

List2Filter[1]=BT-N*
List2Filter[2]=BT-O*
List2Filter[3]=BT-P*
List2Filter[4]=BT-Q*
List2Filter[5]=BT-R*
etc

this will make list1 have maps A-M and list2 N-Z remember to add special chars as well to one of the lists.

Reactions: damocles
I dont want to split the maps to 4 list's

I want to see all the maps (360 maps) in 1 list.

The other list's are for other mods so I cannout use them.

anyway to load all the 360 maps into 1 list ?

Thanks

MeetYourMaker said:
Nope 256 is a limitation of UT, you will need to use multiple lists to see all your BT maps.

Just to clarify on this:

1024 entries is the maximum UT can handle; therefore it only requires common sense to realise that 1024/4 (for the 4 available lists) = 256 entries per list. This is why you can only see 256 maps in each list.

You can either use the extra functionality of MapVoteLA and split the maps over 2 or more lists, or use one of the other BDB variants (f.ex the x3dfx build).

hehe

He said " I will release it in weekend"

as I see, it's weekend, right ?

=D

Cratos, where is MapVoteLA13 m8!

*Still Waiting*

Cheers,

Wolf