mapping tip - texture bug

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

so you do have the texture ready in your own package alredy?

and your imported textures look crap?`that enver happened to me except for once when a texture data looked like incomplte (green and pink stripes and white sghrsh over it :P)

ive always used .pcx files and they look good. well ill have a look at it anyway as im interested :D

Last edited:
Lo Ive just had a look at your texture file:
therere some textures measuring 512 pixels on a side. think D3D does not support that. if your runnign it in OpengL it works (cant tell, jan's only got the utx)

so you need the resize some of the textures to 50% i suppose:

these are:
FRONTDOORS
LANDINGPAD1
RUNWAY1

Ive also had a look at SSMetal and ive seen some 512er textures there too and tbh i dunno ytf they work, but ive used 512er textures myself and for D3D users it reported that Texture oversize message and crashed.

So the only reason why your package does not work is IMO that there are 512er textures in it, I hope resizing them to 256 can solve it, cause i wanna play the map :)

And anyway if you cannot get it to work, just stick to an older version using the SSMetal.utx file :)

if the 512er werent stretched already then stretching the 256ers isnt a big problem, and IMO lightning and geometry is what makes maps look good

from an old version (beta 4) ive also noticed you also have textures in the mylevel pack... Ive heard that this package should exclusively be used for purposes like preview shots or info shots. not textures. dunno what the problem is though, but you could pack these textures into your one also if there still present in the current version.

not really a problem mate theres only 2 textures in there its just not good to put all the custom textures in the mylevel package that slows the level down i think.

sobo i fixed it, u dont need to resize anything either. I've just used windows paint to save everything in and they all work now.

ive just got to fix em all today and retexture some of the movers.