Lost and Forgotten Maps?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Rich said:
the last version of saqqara is still on my pc and it is still bieng messed with every so often when i have a free 30 mins to play with it ... tbh all it needs is the objective triggers adding, graphic tweeks, optimising geometry, and some teleport points .... its been test played by me andy and a few others and its basically finished.

ive had a few people ask me to release it or finish it and i have been messing but if somone who knows what they are doing wants to offer some help then it will get done very quickly .. basically i know what it needs and what i want doing to it .. im open to new ideas aswel so pm me on here or on irc and i will respond ,... maybe not straight away but i will.

isn't there a more recent version of saqarra at dfp server?

The version on DFP-Server is 'AS-SaqqaraLE_beta'. I think the main thing about this version is that Timo found a way to optimize the zoneinfo's so that it doesn't crash on windows servers any more

-LilFvB- said:
Jwer:
AS-GorgeBattle3, AS-Gothic, AS-Lagoon, AS-Medieval, AS-Monkeygrubber, AS-Oilrig, AS-OrionsCurse, AS-Space_Reactor_beta5, AS-Strathosphere, AS-UndergroundLabs, AS-UFO_beta2

these seem unfamiliar. Unless the AS-Oilrig is the one cypress made, and the AS-UndergroundLabs is the one Humphro made

Do you have the Oilrig-thingy Steelhorn made for the other WAM pack?
I have a map EVILtom made for it, and used to have the oilrig map Steelie made, but lost it in a format :bawling:

AS-Gorgebattle3 no idea where that came from really, can't seem to open it need package "SPACEMARINESREMIX"? AS-Gothic was a rather crappy remake of the DM map, with a few objectives added (Cypress made it?). AS-Lagoon is Sobo's map, AS-Medieval one of the DoG mappers was working on that (DaTel if i'm correct) till he wanked off, it's halve done and reasonably decent. AS-Monkeygrubber was the map Mutts was working on till he moved away from his parents, knowing his drinking habits he must be dead in a ditch somewhere by now :moon: Lovely map, obviously not done.

AS-Oilrig is the one Cypress made idd, AS-OrionsCurse i think is that big map in that spaceship that guy made reasonably recent. AS-SRbeta5, AS-Strathosphere and AS-UFO_beta2 are Sidoh's attempts to learn the ED (i still have em m8 :wave: ), AS-Undergroundlabs was a map Sobo was working on, not too crappy neither but Lagoon's a lot better.

I'm not old enough to have known Steelie very well, all i remember was the last stage of TheScarab, which was later then all the other maps you mention. If you want to see any of these maps contact the named mapper bare for Monkeygrubber, you can get that off me if you really are interested...

Last edited:
jwer_NL said:
AS-SRbeta5, AS-Strathosphere and AS-UFO_beta2 are Sidoh's attempts to learn the ED (i still have em m8 :wave:

so do i :p
i also started a space reactor][ map but lost intrest about halfway through if u want it

Psy figured out how to stop the crashing ages ago i didnt release a version with fixes because i was working on adding new objectives and geomety which is finished but Psy left the comunity etc and the triggers and optimisation and holes never got fixed ( that what psy did on the max i made stuff and psy fixed any problems i made by making stuff.....)

the version i have is far better than any old saqqara and plays so much better infact its a 100% improvment it just needs finishing

Rich

umm does it have the feature which gives you a new spawn after either 5 minutes or having finished all 4 of the pyramide switches yet ?

does it have the reduced lighting map resolution on the pyramide's inside walls ?

is the darkened sky box and generally darkened theme outside inmplented yet ?

If not thats what Psy an me did - well dont wanna say colaboratorily.. he executed it, i only gave some theoretical help - together. so i can put that in again if its amiss.

the version i have is the last one Psy and I worked on it has a darkened sky box and i changed all the lighting
it has the chaged spawns but they are from several versions before ..
this version has a new ending and new objectives after the scarab doors open it has 2 exits and 3 levels new tunnels and a new start ... anyway i did some more work on it last night so its allmost there now.

i think the last version of saqqara is finished bar objective triggers ...

ill try and finish those by the weekend

Rich

Reactions: sobo
bumping this 12 years old thread as well
still missing Lagoon, Medieval, OilRig, Waterfort, Proxion, Undergroundlabs

I thought we had a Waterfort version that was playable? No one is left to finish these maps though. The game is as good as dead and we can only really enjoy whats left!