Lost and Forgotten Maps?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AtmaDragon

Jul 10, 2003
Kennewick, WA
I was thinking that instead of pushing ppl in the community to think up new maps for the League why don't we what we have on for size? I'd like this thread to discuss the possibility of putting old/unknown/obscure maps (possibly with small changes) into the league, so post here links you have to any map that you think most ppl don't know of.

Don't have links for these, but some maps that I think would make good League maps are:

AS-Dasboot (I think Jwer made this, dunno though)
AS-CastleArrrggghhh (You invade a big castle and stuff, last part is cool and ending is nice)
AS-BioAssault (some version would be nice)
AS-Bluff
AS-Canyon
AS-Deception
AS-GrandCanyonML2
AS-IndefiniteAL
AS-Overlord]l[
AS-Prototype
AS-Redemption
AS-Resurrection
AS-Planeshifter
AS-Vesuvius
AS-Vampire

This thread is NOT to vote for a map to join the League. This is just for providing a place to find mostly unknown or obscure maps that people in the community may not know about and may want to try.

And if someone could provide links for these that would be nice. Sorry :(

BTW, anyone heard of AS-ASMC-CWP?

Maps In My Collection (May be able to send them if people are having difficulty finding them)

AS-Bluff
AS-Canyon
AS-Deception
AS-GrandCanyonML2
AS-Overlord]l[
AS-Redemption
AS-Resurrection
AS-Vampire

The above list is entirely from memory, my ut99 area was moved to a backup partition and never touched since about 6 months ago.

yeh.. if memory serves, japs made AS-Progress....it was a nice 1

Iseal][ is better than original tbh

[edit] wtf did Japster make again? Edin Hozic made AS-Progress [/edit]

Last edited:
i wish Psy wouldnt have left all together with the new leader edit of saqqara in his hands :\ if someone still has contact could you ask him whether he could upload the map in its current stage

Strange thing is that the original SaqqaraAL cant be rebuilt somehow so within my level of UEd knowledge its not possible to be edited..

Can you send me those 2 maps? I couldn't find them so please e-mail me. Thx.

AS-GrandCanyonML2
AS-Vampire

There was this one map. I cant remember the name but was played along time ago. You started in some sort of grave yard. then you had to destroy a chain on each side of this big gate. Once the gate opened there was this real big steep hill which led to this castle type building.

Anyway I myself like that map alot. Dont know its name tho...anyone remember?

AtmaDragon said:
I was thinking that instead of pushing ppl in the community to think up new maps for the League why don't we what we have on for size? I'd like this thread to discuss the possibility of putting old/unknown/obscure maps (possibly with small changes) into the league, so post here links you have to any map that you think most ppl don't know of.

Don't have links for these, but some maps that I think would make good League maps are:

AS-CastleArrrggghhh (You invade a big castle and stuff, last part is cool and ending is nice)
AS-Bluff
AS-Canyon
AS-Deception
AS-GrandCanyonML2
AS-IndefiniteAL
AS-Overlord]l[
AS-Prototype
AS-Redemption
AS-Resurrection
AS-Planeshifter
AS-Vesuvius
AS-Vampire

This thread is NOT to vote for a map to join the League. This is just for providing a place to find mostly unknown or obscure maps that people in the community may not know about and may want to try.

And if someone could provide links for these that would be nice. Sorry :(

BTW, anyone heard of AS-ASMC-CWP?

actually half is to long, i mean Grandcanyon :rofl:, same goes for bluff infinateAL planeshifter and prob vesuvius
however the last looks quite good. Vampire is a good map but there where like 100 heathpacks in the map, guess it is still good for insta

dasboot is not bad indeed, castlearrgghh is weird, bioassault was a new version till some NAAT player just took weirdo's version... but has potencial sure, really like the map, but was buggy too.

dunno canyon and deception,

Why another version of overlord? just useless imo

resurection is quite nice aswell but it's shite in the castle

:wave:

The league need's maps now not in 6 month's there's loads of mappers around willing to map for this league and there's several maps league worthy with a few minor modifications...

:/

well instead of ppl just posting new shit that gets posted every week about maps, why not discuss it with admins, seeif there is any purpose to make these "minor" tweaks n do it, instead of posting we need new maps all the time?seems to be what every1 does.
if admins say they do a vote if maps change if theyl even put to vote then do it.

Idd Paa` but most of doesnt stand league requirements..
As far as i know SnowDunesAL BioAssaultSE are coming.

Also i understand people complaining about lack of new maps, but when we finnaly find some none actually never around to test them online, so how we suppose to add new maps? :rolleyes:

im round gimme a shout on irc if u wanna test maps or post it in the forums with a time and date im sure loads of people would be willing to test em.

as-vampire is a good map and there's loads of others which people have listed above :)

someone slap des so that he finally finishes his damn map, fs it it almost finished actually just needs the last bit

And what happened to Pinhead with AS-Hellraiser? That looked like a really promising map, and when he started mapping he was coming out with a new alpha daily but then he suddenly stopped. Anyone know how to contact him to get him going on that again?

Anyway here's a breakdown of the maps so far. (This is partially IMO and partially what I've seen discussed here.)

[size=+1]Maps Thats Have Potential To Be a League Map With Little or No Changes[/size]
  • AS-BioAssault/LE/SE
  • AS-Dasboot (What does Dasboot mean anyway lol)
  • AS-Overlord]l[ (I think this would be a good alternative to AS-Overlord because of the increased number of routes one can take)
  • AS-Resurrection (someone said this one will need some good changing at parts)
  • AS-Vampire

[size=+1]Maps That May Have Potential But May Be Too Long[/size]
  • AS-Bluff
  • AS-GrandCanyonML2
  • AS-Planeshifter
  • AS-Redemption

[size=+1]Maps That Few People Here Have Heard of So We'll Need Some Online Beta-Testing[/size]
  • AS-ArrivalV2
  • AS-CastleArrrggghhh
  • AS-Canyon
  • AS-Deception
  • AS-IndefiniteAL
  • AS-Progress
  • AS-Prototype
  • AS-Vesuvius

Anyone willing to host some beta-testing? We should try out the maps no one's heard of first, so anyone interested in beta-testing should download and go through them a few times to learn the map. Then we can figure out if anything can be done about the long maps (Limit to 1 Large map per team per match I think would be a good compromise); we should have mostly people that know those maps for beta-testing, otherwise the ones who don't know them will get frustrated and say no. :)

Last edited: