Loading Times

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez

Jun 11, 2001
Hi 'n thanks for the reading, I hope this is a Ut2k4 discussion thread..
Recenlty played 2k4 a few times, and what really turned me down are the long loading times. Especially Onslaught maps take a very long time to load.
I usually join the server when the first 2 PowerNodes already have been taken, and than my game is still lagging (getting used to the weather n stuff). Sometimes it will just "Freeze" for a few seconds... :(
I don't know what can causing this, but it shouldn't be normal I think.

some pc stuff from me:

I run ut in D3d, 800x600. I setted all graphic stuffz0r to normal or low.

I have a P4 @ 2.6 Ghz, 512 mb ram and a Radeon 9600 XT
^^ Should have no problems running Ut2k4?

try this nies:

open up your UT2004.ini file and go to the [ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem] section.

[ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
UseEAX=False
Use3DSound=True
UseDefaultDriver=False
CompatibilityMode=False
MaxEAXVersion=255
UsePrecache=True <- set to False

head down to the [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice] section
find the "UsePrecaching" attribute and set it to False.

if you still get hitches open up ut2004.ini and search for:
AvoidHitches
and
CheckForOverflow
and set them to True.

Load ut2k4, open settings, click on game, disable preload all player skins

worked for me and many others :)

Reactions: sneez
Nais :thumb: Dalijk ff proberen :angel:
Zit weer heel de dag Onslaught te doen......Bietje verslavend ;) Op welke servers speel jij meestal??

jolt/atari , maakt me eigenlijk nie zoveel uit. als er maar een goeie ping is :)
voeg anders mi5* toe in je buddy list. met * geef je aan dat mi5 in de naam moet zitte. kspeel altijd met mn tag als ik speel

Oja wat een snoodheid, ik speel altijd met mi6.sneez
Maar mn tosti verbrand nu brb :P

Oja het werkte, het laden gaat een stuk sneller en geen lag meer :D
Net ff met Riotz DM gedaan.

Jullie nemen dat idlen wel erg letterlijk. Maar ik zal kijken wat ik doen kan :P

:lol: Only advice i had here was Kon's post (second one) and to go lurking on #ut.mi5.. :rolleyes:

well, tbh, my system specs are shiter than yours and im running the same settings as you. So if the things kon suggested dont make it run smoothly then all i can really suggest is that you try changing drivers. Takes me about 5 seconds to load most maps, somtimes 10 for huge custom assault maps, but thats it.

Preload player skins makes the biggest difference out of everything though. Nothing else mkes that much of a noticable difference except that and precaching. Well, not that i've found anyway.