List of mods

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Flatus

Jul 23, 2003
2010 Winter Olympics
:hangover: I've been trying to figure out if it's even possible/doable to make on the UT window's MOD pulldown altered in any way to show all mods one may have. I've got at least 40 or so, but can only see at the most 37 before the list disappears below the bottom edge of the screen. Now it doesn't scroll down & it may not have been envisioned that any one player would have more than 3 dozen. So I was wondering if there is some way to alter it to have even a second list shown to show the remaining? Already asked on other forums, but doesn't seem any knows a solution to it (if there is even one).

Btw, found this in the UT.ini on it (if it'll help any):
[UMenu.UMenuMenuBar]
ShowHelp=True
GameUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTGameMenu
MultiplayerUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTMultiplayerMenu
OptionsUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTOptionsMenu
ModMenuClass=UMenu.UMenuModMenu

There are also 2 .u files with it's respective .int files named umenu & utmenu.

Well, seems like no one has any idea on how to solve this problem. Seems then my only other solution is to just remove a few on the seldom used mods from the list till I have not more than 3 dozen on there. Thought someone here had at least some idea on what might be possible to do, but I guess it's just one of those things that can't be tinkered with within the game. Pity.

Could you not just code a Mod menu replacement with a Window which has a scrolling list and 'Execute' button?

I imagine it wouldn't be too different from creating the client UWindow for a mod itself, wrapped up in a superseded umenumodmenu which runs the UMenuModMenuList items into the UWindow scroll-list instead of performing an AddMenuItem.

Of course you then fall into a world of hurt when playing online, I imagine you'd be kicked from most servers for 'cheating' - with an unknown client side mod running.

Well I'm not a coder, but was hoping someone who knew how to 'alter' the list could help here. I'm not looking to use a mod unless a server I'm on supports it, but it would be useful to have so it could scroll or whatever to see all the mods one has. I guess the creators of the game never thought it would be possible for anyone to have more than 3 dozen listed mods, thus making it list the way it is now. Oh well.

Well, I was almost resigned to the fact that I had to lose some of my mods but put a hold on things for a while. Now that I have come back on here, I saw the modmenufix mentioned, so did some more searching around. After a while, nothing to that sort was showing, but then thought of looking into ut-files.com and behold found the solution! It was an item that Wormbo made a long time ago called Mod Menu Extension (see here: http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/GUIExtensions.html ), thus the problem does have a fix for it. Had a feeling someone else had a similar problem before too! :D