LeagueAS136 Public Release

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Psychotic

OFF/GONE/IDLE/AWAY/NA/DND/AFK/BUSY!!!!!
Feb 26, 2002
Spain
And here is it, the expected LeagueAS136 Final Revision (136b according to the SP version).

So... what's new on this revision?

Not much concerning new features (read next post). This is basically an internal optimization of LeagueAS136Public (136a).
Memory usage had raised considerably in 136a due to cheat protection, specially the method used to block tweaks. Also the whole texture file was loaded either if it was being used in game or not.

In this revision you can disable certain groups of icons. Unused icons won't be loaded at all, saving memory / resources.
Along with the new (and improved) anti-tweaks system, this puts memory usage back to 135 level or lower in some circumstances, and keeps the functionally intact :) (actually adds more options - i.e. having icons for kill messages only and disable the rest).

Low-end comps should notice a fair performance boost in this version, better FPSs, faster loading times, etc.

The overall better performance and the Updated Cheat Protection makes LeagueAS136 (136b) a more than recommendable upgrade.

Change log:

Remaining minor issues fixed:
- Console kick at map start (CRC),
- maplist command not loading River3,
- slow comps having time-out on connect,
- menu options not updating other pages,
- 'dodge lag' (*) with certain settings.

A couple of small additions on request:
- Client-side option to disable team coloured beams for InstaGib,
- Green Blood tweak,
- New glowing weapon icons for kill messages.

Map fixes:
- Invisible wall at final entrance, Bridge.
- Players becoming invisible at Riverbed]|[AL mortar tower.

(*) Read the FAQ on bottom.

_

Attachments

• LeagueAS136.zip
    178.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
Downloads / Installation:

- Client Install:

To play on a LeagueAS136 server you do not need to do any installation, however to play LeagueAS136 offline or to access Menus and some extra features in 136, do the following:

• Download the Texture File: Anemote1.utx (Last update: 2004-05-23) Extract into your UT's Texture folder, overwrite previous version.
  • Download the Main Package: LeagueAS136 Extract all the files into your UT's System folder, overwrite when asked.
In addition, you can configure the Assault Browser included in LeagueAS, which will speed up your browser (Assault servers list loads a lot faster) and create a new "Assault - Populated" tab. To do it, open your UnrealTournament.ini file in a text editor and locate the [UBrowserAS] section. Modify this section so that is looks exactly as follows:

[UBrowserAS]
ListFactories[0]=LeagueAS-CP.AS_Browser,GameType=Assault
ListFactories[1]=LeagueAS-CP.AS_Browser,GameType=LeagueAssault

NOTE: If you copy & paste from your browser ensure there are no spaces at the end of the lines.

Finally, to play LeagueAS136 offline (or to launch your own private lan servers), follow this client installation + extract the ServerPackage (read below) into your UT's system folder.

- Server Install:

• Download the Main Package: LeagueAS136 Extract all the files into your Server's System folder, overwrite when asked.
  • Download the ServerPackage: LeagueAS-SP Extract all the files into your Server's System folder, overwrite when asked.
Open your server's UnrealTournament.ini file in a text editor and locate the [Engine.GameEngine] section.
At the ServerActors list, replace all the lines that reads "ServerQuery" or "ServerUplink" so that they look like the lines in yellow:

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=8
UseSound=False
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=LeagueAS-SP.ServerQuery
ServerActors=LeagueAS-SP.ServerUplink unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=LeagueAS-SP.ServerUplink master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900

ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer

NOTE: If you copy & paste from your browser ensure there are no spaces at the end of the lines.

Add the following line to the ServerPackages list (it probably exists already if your server was running LeagueAS135 before, do NOT add it twice):
ServerPackages=LeagueAS-CP

Modify the batch file or script (or FireDaemon settings) you use to launch the server so that the command line is:
ucc server AS-Mazon.unr?game=LeagueAS136.LeagueAssault?Mutator=

IMPORTANT: Notice this time the SP is called "LeagueAS-SP" without version number, just like every other regular LeagueAS upgrade in the past. It will overwrite the old 135 SP. LeagueAS135 doesn't work with this SP. Your server won't boot up if it's trying to load 135 at start.
You may need to contact your server's provider to have default gametype changed to LeagueAS136 (UCC line).

Once the UCC startup line is upgraded, you should delete LeagueAS136Public.u & .int, as well as LeagueAS136-SP.u & .int, else you will have duplicated items at the mutator's list.
Keeping the standards, gametype is now again "League Assault", and mutators don't have a special tag on their name.

_

Attachments

• Anemote1.zip
    407.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: §phere
FAQ / Common Problems:

- About Servers

Q: Can I have LeagueAS135 installed on the same server?
A: NO, you can't, since the ServerPackage has the same name.
However you can run LeagueAS136Public on the same server (for example while waiting for your provider to modify the startup line).

Be careful not to add LeagueAS136Public mutators (136a) to LeagueAS136 games (136b), nor viceversa.
OLD 136Public mutators are marked with (136) tag on their name, at the mutator's list.
To include a mutator via servertravel command, just call to the proper SP. LeagueAS-SP.MapVote <-> LeagueAS136-SP.MapVote

Q: ThrowArmor doesn't work / The server kicks everyone out on join.
A: You are probably mixing mutator versions :D

Q: I installed all the files correctly into my server's system folder and tried a reboot. The server won't come online...
A: Your server is probably trying to boot running LeagueAS135, which won't work anymore since the SP is replaced. You may need to contact your provider to have the startup line changed to LeagueAS136.

or

You deleted 136Public and its SP (LeagueAS136-SP) but didn't change the ServerActors, under [Engine.GameEngine].
Veriify the ServerQuery lines read "LeagueAS-SP.xxxxx" and not "LeagueAS136-SP.xxxxx".

Q: Confused with versions, files, mutators, SPs... ?

136a:
Gametype: League Assault (136Public)
Files: LeagueAS136Public.u/.int, LeagueAS136-SP.u/.int
Mutators: have a (136) tag on their name.

136b: (This latest release)
Gametype: League Assault
Files: LeagueAS136.u/.int , LeagueAS-SP.u/.int
Mutators: don't have any tag on their name.

Q: Can I increase tickrate on the server now? :bounce:
A: NO. We are still using the original minigun.
Stick to a REAL* tickrate of 20.
*REAL = Packets/sec value in F6 info, everyone can see.

- About League:

Q: Will League Servers run this version for League Matches?
A: YES. Will be installed on all the servers tonight after matches.

Q: Is it required to have LeagueAS136 installed in clan servers to play League Matches from now on?
A: YES. Minimun required version is LeagueAS136Public (136a). Strongly recommended to use the latest LeagueAS136 (136b).

- About Clients/Game:

Q: Dodging feels "laggy".
A: Although we were unable to reproduce this problem that some players seemed to have in certain servers / with certain settings, we suspect it could be caused by the 'dodge bug' fix.

Dodge bug: well known native UT problem, after a pause, a lag spike or other circumstances, the player loses the ability to dodge.
136 solved this problem, but the conditions checked to apply the fix might be allowing you to dodge too often. The server notices you shouldn't be able to dodge yet, and pushes you back. Result is the first dodge worked, but following dodges felt laggy, familiar?

Client settings solved it, anyway, in this 136 revision the conditions to apply the fix are better defined, and you can use the following commands:

hudtoggle DodgeFix -> toggles Dodge Bug Fix (On/Off) (Default On)
hudtoggle DodgeWarning -> toggles warning message mode (On/Off/Simple) (Default Off).

If you experience 'dodge lag' try turning the warning message On, or better, Simple mode will show a short console message whenever the Dodge-bug fix has been applied. If this happens too often and you feel it could be interfering your dodging, disable the Dodge Fix.

While testing this, keep in mind that it's "normal" the fix is ocasionally applied for no apparent reason.
i.e. dying in a dodge, or dodging off a ledge falling into water, will trigger it.

Q: The options I change on menus don't make any effect in game / I have duplicated Menus or empty items at my Mods menu.
A: You are probably using menus from an old beta version.
Remove ALL the files like LeagueAS136XXX.u and specially the .int files and follow client installation ^^
Also remember that some options will require to reconnect to the server to make effect.
i.e: changing crosshair drawscale, or some of the built-in tweaks.

However you may want to keep LeagueAS136Public.u and .int files for now, to be able to access its menu, since public servers could take some time to upgrade.
New menu item reads "League Assault", old one reads "League Assault 136".

Q: Why is frigate under-pier spawn back? Books are still there / no pads at Astheno vents...
A: Map fixes / changes are done in the SP. You are probably running an offline game without LeagueAS-SP installed, or with an old version of it.

Q: I spent many time configuring icons/fonts/colors in older betas, don't want to do it all again.
A: Since public servers could be running 136Public for some time, I'd recommend to reconfigure the new 136b instead of porting settings, to save the old ones. Menus make this a 2 minutes job... Anyhow, to port settings, open your user.ini file and rename all the sections like this:

[LeagueAS136betaX.xxxxxxxxxx] \
[LeagueAS136TestX.xxxxxxxxxx] ==> change to => [LeagueAS136.xxxxxxxxxx]
[LeagueAS136Public.xxxxxxxxxx] /

Q: Which tweaks are allowed/forbidden to use?
A: ... too long to list here, dig up some discussion threads on this forum, or just try yourself: Load your tweaks and join a 136 server. You won't be kicked for it, blocked tweaks just won't work.

Q: It hangs on connecting &/or when I join I have no hud - no netspeed &/or I'm kicked straight away if I managed to connect.
A: Sounds like you are using modified core files, this includes skins (commandoskins, soldierskins etc), botpack, engine, core, uwindow, umenu...
Restore original versions of these files.

If you don't know which one is causing the problem (and for any other query / bug report / request / problem),
come #136test channel on UTA irc, server pie.uk.eu.worldassault.com.

_

i get same thing, my kill msgs are not animated (smilies) yet i get that animated sniper kill sometimes
hope it was fixed:p

edit: do i have to change any settings in my ini?! from 136public to 136b or summin?

Last edited:
Are you talking about LeagueAS136Public? Cause I really doubt you had the chance to test this one yet :lol:

** Edit **
Ajax: ???? The option is to have red insta beam regardless of the team you are in.

X-B: I suggest you spend some mins to configure this one instead of porting settings, to have both running. Keep in mind some public/clan servers will run 136public for some time.

Last edited:
Of course you can. But if you rename all the sections on your ini to port the settings to this "LeagueAS136" you will lose the config when you play at "LeagueAS136Public" servers, so I recommend installing the new files/menu and keeping both configured, for now.

When 136Public isn't used anymore, remove its menu.

guess what Ajax wanted to ask is whether the option is only for pubs, because I think its great and valuable in matches and shouldnt be remvoed there.

And another concern i have is that I hope this patch wont give all the low pingers their superiority back :rolleyes: the first version of 136 seemed to make all of em "laggier" than in 135 whereas I experienced a great boost in performance over 135. Think this was a good step in means of equalization between the players and I think it should remain.
136 didnt remove the ping advantage of course, but I think it made it slighter. And since ping is not skill I see no reason why this advantage should not be minimized.
Yeye, give me red rep I see Im asking or it. :fingers:

Reactions: Ice
all {R-C} servers updated if u wanna test it there ;)

wheres the option for the red only insta beams and do people want it on red only on our pubby insta server or the different coloured beams as is now?

The color of insta beams is a clientsetting so ppl can change the color in the tweaks menu.

Reactions: gringo
what i mean about the insta beams is match only yes sobo, thing is if its only client side then its np as long as the option is turned off by defult. The reason differnt coloured beams where brought in the first place was to make it fair (yes i know i was against it but ive grown used to it now). But if i read what psy posted right if i dont turn on the option i still see the differant colour beams even if the blue player iam looking at has turned them off. If on the other hand this isnt the case then wtf where you thinking :P

As i read it if you only see red beams and a blue man gets past you cos of it then its your own fault for turning the option on in the first place, if its on by default then post how to change it pls.