LeagueAS - changes, request(s)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Largo said:
Dont understand what you mean. I have "no taunts" turned on, but "Incoming" voicemsg comes through anyway. Incoming isnt in the taunts group, but the in the misc group.
QUOTE]

OK you didn't understand indeed!

I'll give an example:

I say INCOMING (the misc)
other teammember says: Got Him! (the taunt)

I couldn't hear him cuz I turned the "no taunts" on!

Either there should be a taunt limit
Or a togglemute player by IP-adress

Popioul said:
@Useless (How do you measure efficiency in AS though?)

As far as i know, efficiency concerns hitting vs not hitting projectiles. Isnt of much interest in AS maps mostly because them being offently vquick and always objective based. Imagine the RL launcher in Siege2 would have 6 projectiles missed for every launch fooking up his efficiency...

ps: with efficiency 0% then u can really say: "CAN' HIT SHIT!" :o
actually, efficiency is frag to death ratio, accuracy on some dm servers concerns hitting

Reactions: Humph
More exactly its defined like this (by ngstats): Kills/(Kills+Deaths+Suicides+Team Kills), suicides and deaths counted separately. Effectively ranging from 0 to 1, just displayed as a percentage.
Any i think its a bad idea to put in. Assault isnt about getting most frags and dying the least. Nor what your fragrate might be.

Much rather have the scoring system/score display changed to just show the classical fragscore and next to that a number showing number of objectives taken. But its just a convenience making it easier to spot the real killers without having to check how many objs they got. Someone else already suggested this during 136 development.
And make ballistic snipernest door rigging a properly scoring objective, its certainly more interesting from attackers point of view than river3's entering the base. Also disabling main gate teleport, that should be credited as well.
Maybe also desertstorms caveswitch, thats pretty important too. I'd do the mapchanges myself, but no mapmaking experience with UT.

Largo said:
More exactly its defined like this (by ngstats): Kills/(Kills+Deaths+Suicides+Team Kills), suicides and deaths counted separately. Effectively ranging from 0 to 1, just displayed as a percentage.
Any i think its a bad idea to put in. Assault isnt about getting most frags and dying the least. Nor what your fragrate might be.

Much rather have the scoring system/score display changed to just show the classical fragscore and next to that a number showing number of objectives taken. But its just a convenience making it easier to spot the real killers without having to check how many objs they got. Someone else already suggested this during 136 development.
And make ballistic snipernest door rigging a properly scoring objective, its certainly more interesting from attackers point of view than river3's entering the base. Also disabling main gate teleport, that should be credited as well.
Maybe also desertstorms caveswitch, thats pretty important too. I'd do the mapchanges myself, but no mapmaking experience with UT.

Tbh I would prefer a new scoring system aswell (frags/objectives) but I'm afraid many old-skoolers will cry out loud if that is changed :\

Fatality said:
actually, efficiency is frag to death ratio, accuracy on some dm servers concerns hitting

in 2k4, it is measured in weapon accuracy and kill/death.

What should be removed is the bug that when some1 gets a killing spree and an objective is taken nearly at the same time the objective message gets overwritten. Anychance of removing that bug?

Reactions: Snuggs
Bossk said:
What should be removed is the bug that when some1 gets a killing spree and an objective is taken nearly at the same time the objective message gets overwritten. Anychance of removing that bug?

:nod: yeah thats annoying maybe league as could set obj msg`s one line lower.

Ðeadßoy said:
make it so reguardless what team u are on you always see the opposition as blue

with so many red maps in the leauge reds that are far away are hard to see at times

Excellent idea. :thumb:

I agree with Anti. Changing the maps just because of three league members who complain is just stupid. Leave the authors' works as they are.

Yea i agree red skin is pretty hard to see especially on OGL and setting gamma doesnt helps.

would be better with red and blue being changed to other colors cos they both blend in on many maps or maybe its just me.

its not just you. theres a even a fair number of places where the colored or poor lighting makes it much harder to guess what team a player is on. IMO its alot worse with my (stoneage) R200-radeon than it was with gforce2mx, color ramp is different, generally darker for low light, making it harder to distinguish in bad conditions. Maybe its worse at driving the monitor, who knows.
Dont see ppl agreeing with any change much less what colors/brightness.
Same goes for lots of things, like alternate scoring system, altered/"fixed" voicepacks, banning warcow/xan2/warboss/nali/skarj (all of BP4 + any custom models) from matches,

Fixing certain map bugs would get my vote:

AutoRIP: I still bloody well die on the tracks at times, even when the train is nowhere around. Warehouse door still can be skipped without a message.

Ballistic: Jumping into the Gen glass with alt hammer loaded is still possible - this can't be right :confused:

Desolate][: Not a bug but would it be possible to let defenders open the Sector B door from the other side?

Not much but maybe worth looking at. Plus we still get that weird thing of rockets launching an opponent instead of killing him - any chance of fixing that or has that been addressed?

the rocket bouncy thing happens to me quite often aswell but i cant imagine it to be leagueAS's fault?
anybody with an expertise in leagueAS able to contradict that?

experinced rocket launches in dm aswell. I got launched on deck16 when i was on those ramps that leads to top floor. so nothing to do with league assault

Largo said:
* move the togglemute message (on f1 scoreboard) so it DOES NOT cover the netspeed field and ofcourse so it wont cover anything else. And possible change it to say "M/E" and "M/A" instead of mute enemy and mute alll, respectively.
* add a (like utpure) field saying how long a players has been on the map. would be nice for publics. You know, to be displayed on the F1 scoreboard, next to or below ping, you decide.
hmm..why not

----------------------------------------
fanoxo said:
Replace the flack in the bridgecave with long range weapon like a pulse or a shock
:nono:

----------------------------------------
omerta said:
how about an efficency stat for insta assault, as in some ictf servers?
useless crap...u have less teamplay then, and more DM-gimps tryin to push their efficency

------------------------------------------
omerta said:
the change id most like to see though is a teleport in the attackers first spawn area on bridge (cave) so you can choose if you want to swim or not..
many peeps want that

-----------------------------------------
Bossk said:
nothing more effective when launched up and u flack that sniper bitch from 1cm :D
lmao

-------------------------------------------
Ðeadßoy said:
make it so reguardless what team u are on you always see the opposition as blue
with so many red maps in the leauge reds that are far away are hard to see at times
yip...that problem nervs much

Cratos said:
Tbh I would prefer a new scoring system aswell (frags/objectives) but I'm afraid many old-skoolers will cry out loud if that is changed :\
tell about

Bossk said:
what anti said

------------------------------------------
Useless said:
AutoRIP: I still bloody well die on the tracks at times, even when the train is nowhere around.

Desolate][: Not a bug but would it be possible to let defenders open the Sector B door from the other side?
the train bug nervs....

and about des...yer would be cool, but then u need to make sure that the tele´s don´t work

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta
how about an efficency stat for insta assault, as in some ictf servers?

useless crap...u have less teamplay then, and more DM-gimps tryin to push their efficency
always constructive criticism here... :( i fail to see how a stat for efficiency can have a negative effect on teamplay. and in case you hadn't noticed, you do need to kill people in assault too. ;) do you play much instagib? from my experiences in ias and ictf the better players shoot less but more accurately = less spam and better efficiency.
(a good thing in my opinion :P )
anyone else for or against eff stat (for ias)??
Originally Posted by Bossk
very annoying. would be nice to see this fixed. :) also i think it would be nice to be able to change the colour of the 'objective message' (from blue to yellow, for instance) to make it easier to see, but i think this is not possible?? (i'm sure someone can clear that up :P)
anyway, anti's idea is good! :nod: