LeagueAS - changes, request(s)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Largo

]>BO<[
Aug 19, 2003
just small thing(s), add ur own requests if you have any.

* move the togglemute message (on f1 scoreboard) so it DOES NOT cover the netspeed field and ofcourse so it wont cover anything else. And possible change it to say "M/E" and "M/A" instead of mute enemy and mute alll, respectively.
* add a (like utpure) field saying how long a players has been on the map. would be nice for publics. You know, to be displayed on the F1 scoreboard, next to or below ping, you decide.

how about an efficency stat for insta assault, as in some ictf servers?
the change id most like to see though is a teleport in the attackers first spawn area on bridge (cave) so you can choose if you want to swim or not.. :yipee:

Reactions: damocles
max_n00b said:
As if this is more relevant to Assault ;)
Not assault directly, more in general but something we dont have in leagueas yet, but if its going to be added it has to be via a hudchange or scoreboard change, and that goes via leagueas. Unlike the statslogging request that can be made seperately (STATSLUJERE!). Anyway, its just a nice convenience, sometimes u want to know how soon or late someone got into a map. Im sure u know all those "i just got here" excuses, etc ;) Could probably be written, compiled and tested in less time than i have spent on this thread...

omerta said:
how about an efficency stat for insta assault, as in some ictf servers?
the change id most like to see though is a teleport in the attackers first spawn area on bridge (cave) so you can choose if you want to swim or not.. :yipee:

Good idea imo :)

What about a mod to controle the taunting?
We all met ppl who play and taunt the whole map without stopping. :sniper:
So we all know how annoying it is. OK....you can disable the taunts in the menu, but there are some taunts who can be usefull during the game, and we don't hear them then.
Ex: Incoming High!
Got Him

My sugestion is to make a taunt limit.
For example a limit for 2 taunts a minit.

@Useless (How do you measure efficiency in AS though?)

As far as i know, efficiency concerns hitting vs not hitting projectiles. Isnt of much interest in AS maps mostly because them being offently vquick and always objective based. Imagine the RL launcher in Siege2 would have 6 projectiles missed for every launch fooking up his efficiency...

ps: with efficiency 0% then u can really say: "CAN' HIT SHIT!" :o

Last edited:
Dinomite said:
What about a mod to controle the taunting?
We all met ppl who play and taunt the whole map without stopping. :sniper:
So we all know how annoying it is. OK....you can disable the taunts in the menu, but there are some taunts who can be usefull during the game, and we don't hear them then.
Ex: Incoming High!
Got Him

My sugestion is to make a taunt limit.
For example a limit for 2 taunts a minit.
Dont understand what you mean. I have "no taunts" turned on, but "Incoming" voicemsg comes through anyway. Incoming isnt in the taunts group, but the in the misc group.
For ppls convenience, misc is, at least for male2, the following:
base uncovered
get the flag
got the flag
got ur back
im hit
man down
under attack
u got point
got our flag
im in position
point secure
enemy flagcarrier is here
i need backup
objective destroyed
medic
Orders and acknowlegements are 2 different groups and are likewise not blocked by "no taunts". Why "got him" was put in the taunts groups is just a mystery, but perhaps you have set your audio option for voicemsgs to "none" if you cant hear "incoming".
While it could be done by a clientside modification (changing the classification of some v.msgs), it would require changing core files, which would be classified as a clientside hack by most cheat detection. The client (your ut) just receives a group (order/ack/FF/taunt/misc)+ subindex + if it was a autotaunt, and then decides what to do (it already knows what voicepack is assigned to the sending player). If the group is taunt and you have "no taunts" on or if it was a autotaunt and you have "no autotaunts" on, then it ignores it and doesnt play it for you.
The problematic part is that the taunts arent the same for all the (standard) voicepacks, so the subindex means different things depending on what voicepack it is playing from, making it complicated to pick specific neutral message that are in the taunt group and moving them to the misc group.
The simplest solution that doesnt require changing of anything core or anticheat would be making (remaking) voicepacks where the useful stuff has been moved from taunt to misc. The major drawback to that is that you cant get to use them unless the server allows them (is serverpackage) and thus that alll clients have them as well.
The alternative is pretty much that leagueas overrides the voiceplayback uscript and for each voicepackage maintains a patchlist that allows specific 'taunts' to get through the "no taunts" block.
Atm im not aware if replacement voicepacks could be made very small (and thus tolerable) by just referring to the core audiosamples and grouping them differently or really has to carry them although the intention is not to introduce new audio data.

Last edited:
Here is my request.
Dont mess with maps, dont add any teleporter, dont replace weapons or other stuff, leave it as it is!
IMO there is 1 thing that should be changed, on OceanFloor, at the stairs to T1 is BIO Rifle ammo, but Bio rifle doesnt exist on that map, so maybe replace it with some other weapon ammo? like shock or mini?
Thanks, asked psy once about it, but he didnt replied me.

make it so reguardless what team u are on you always see the opposition as blue

with so many red maps in the leauge reds that are far away are hard to see at times

just to make it clear, my idea of an efficiency stat was meant for INSTAGIB assault only, as i think it would be nice to be able to see who aims before shooting, and who just holds down the fire button. haha. ;)
dont know, or care too much, if it would work for std, i know how inefficient i am with roxx and dont need a stat to remind me. :P

Reactions: damocles