League server changes March 2009

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

'//3iRd(o)

Administrator
Sep 19, 2001
Dorset, UK
Just a quick heads-up note to everyone...

We will be undergoing a few changes this weekend, and I'll follow up this post with the confirmed details once everything is in place.

The result of which, we will be dropping server 3, and servers 1 and 2 will be moving to a new data centre (still within NL).

Server 5 will be decommissioned during March, so we may take the opportunity this weekend to take it down.

This means that we will be left with 2 NL servers, 1 UK server and 2 DE servers.

Fear not however, it's not all doom and gloom!

With the recent change to more stable hardware, DoG will be able to provide a league server port running on a dedicated IP.

Now, realising there are a few people this last couple of weeks with dodgy routing around London, particularly stemming from NTT or EuroRings, and in some cases Telia - as with the other league servers, there is no guarantee everyone will have good playable pings all the time.
All we can say is suck it and see. If you are in the many who enjoy decent games on DoG Std/Customs, then you should also enjoy a similar experience on the new IP.

So, 7 servers, down to 5, back up to 6. Given this, we may have another shuffle with the allocated numbers, so watch this space.

~dzz~ has been talking about getting a clan server. I don't imagine it happening prior to June due to financial issues everyone is feeling but at that point in time I personally would have no problem lending it for league games if it comes to be.

And as Timo hasnt mentioned it, probably because hes forgotten!

Due to the hosting costs for Server6 increasing by over 100% since the start of the year, the server will be taken down at the end of March and moved to a new datacentre. No details as to where yet mainly because I havent sorted that out yet :D

Last edited:
I hadn't forgotten, just didn't remember :P

Wasn't sure if that was happening in March tbh; gonna be a bit like musical chairs for a bit then.

:rofl:

i had best ping and routing to servers 1,2,3... even german servers are laggy for me xD...

anyway good job to work servers over! Server8 stays the same!?! :P

greetz dErZ