League Server #6 - Termination Date

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Spirit said:
Thnx for helping out m8y :) Yeah I have a bank account you can transfer to - only prob is your bank might charge u quite a bit for international transfers, you need to check with them first how much it will be :) If it's ok, contact me on ICQ for the details :D

hi, yeah i know.

well we both are in the eu so i have to pay only 5€ after 1st July

if i would transfer it now i would pay over 10€

i will contact you if iam back from work

icq.com is blocked :(

ah ok that’s not too bad :D lol @ icq.com being block - my company are pretty strict and have blocked hotmail and any program other than IE accessing the net, but they haven't figured out icq yet so I can still use the web based version :evil:

cant the more respected members of the community just go to every Euro server provider they can find on google, and give the whole

" .... we are a struggling community of some 500(?how the fuck should i know) players, looking for some sponsorship for our league ... blah blah blah, all we ask for is one half decent servers now give us one you bastards :naughty: ..."

wot about orange, or ntl, or bt, or pipex, anyone even tried? Im not saying spam them with requests but one nicely worded plea might go further than u think.

It is definitely worth a go, a very carefully worded plea might produce a result from someone, although there are issues with what we give them in return. I *think* at present gameserves have sole rights to advertising on the UTAS sites server-wise, so without breaking that deal we couldnt really offer any advertising to other companies... (Please correct me on this if I'm wrong, am half guessing anyway lolz).

I'm not sure who the right people to make such contact would be either, certainly someone in a position of authority in the league with the correct knowledge to deal with it...

Until such a day when this proves successful however, we need to keep Server 6 running to cover the bookings :D

although I must agree with humph (however painful it may be) that the idea of NTL running a reliable gaming server is one that provides me with much amusement ;)

hold on for 2 more months untill I earn some cash, I can transfer money to keep the server up for another month then (maybe I can transfer something like €25-35 every month then)

eek2.gif

i did play on the server.

but i have a poor paid PT job, which means i dont have enuff to contribute to server 6. Sorry Spirit. :(

nps matey, not everyone can afford it I wouldn't expect or ask anyone to help out if they don't have the cash going spare :)

@ Menace, a most generous offer - A monthly amount would be sweet, but don't leave yourself out of pocket, just whatever you can spare is great :D We will always need so cash so I will do what I can to get us through the next couple of months (with the help of all of you people who are just about to contact me to contribute! ;) ), just give me a shout when you have some spare cash :D

Last edited:
Dave, just a question as Mughi posted news about the #6 becoming for all gametypes, is it gonna be that now u have enough to pay again? coiz thats not really what I paid for. I paid for a iAS (for matches), so i hope this is gonna be iAS only :\

Spirit said:
any further donations recevied will be towards the running of a server that will be open for all game types as of 23rd July - its your choice whether to donate on those terms or not regardless of what gametype you play :)

Yep sorry Px m8 - the donations received from the insta players were enough to keep it running to 23rd July, and that's it. There was just no way it was going to be able to continue running as insta only with the level of interest I received, so opening it to all game types was the only option.

As of 23rd July the server will be bookable for all game types, however will continue to run as insta only when public. If you don't wish to contribute on these grounds that's fine, will be a shame though as regardless of the fact the server is open to all game types, it will still be a huge help to the iAS league having 4 servers to share with the other leagues, instead of 3...

I dont get it ? a server is what 20-30 a month and u cant afford to keep it up that's about a pound a day from ONE player now if u get 5-6 there is little cost.

before u say anything no i have'nt payed anything yet but i will be able too end of this month/beginning of next when i have payed off some bills.

i mean what's 5-10 pounds/euro's a MONTH.