League Server #6 - Termination Date

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Psychotic

OFF/GONE/IDLE/AWAY/NA/DND/AFK/BUSY!!!!!
Feb 26, 2002
Spain
By Spirit:

Unfortunately it is now looking inevitable that we will be losing League Server 6 on or around the 23rd July due to lack of funding. Initially we collected enough money to keep it running for 4 months, however the latest round of collections only produced 3 contributors (including myself) and therefore enough cash for just one more month. There is no indication that another collection in a months time will produce a greater response, so it seems this is probably the appropriate time to shut it down.

The cost of the server is about £50 per month, although it does get slightly cheaper for longer booking periods. Naturally, if this post inspires more people to contribute then I will happily keep the server running for as long as possible, so feel free to contribute using any of the methods described in this thread (click me) . Don't let the possibility of the server being shut down stop you from contributing though - even if I only receive a small amount of money I will put in enough myself to make it up to another month's rental so you can rest assured no money will go to waste.

Knock-on effects of the loss of server 6 could be quite serious - at present virtually all iAS league matches are played there - if this server is lost all iAS bookings will have to go back to the standard league servers, and with the recent loss of servers 1 & 2 this could well lead to some serious scheduling issues, which will affect all leagues and not just iAS. As a result of this we will not be able to take bookings on server 6 for any time including or after the 20th July until the future of the server is decided. Any bookings made for this period will be deleted and classed as invalid.

Thanks to those that have contributed in the past - it was fun while it lasted :)

Never mind sad to hear. All you tightwad bastards who book games on the server but don't want to contribute - get your hands in your pockets and contribute fs!

You will, when you find the only slots available are 16:00 or 22:00, for every league.

You told them your new rule yet Psy?

The one which provides that any clan which hasn't made some monetary contribution to the League is forced to accept 16:00 or 22:00 server bookings or face auto-relegation to the holding zone? :rofl:

lol

Well, admin scheduled matches can't be forced on private servers, so, most of these games will probably be played at those times from now on.

Psychotic said:
You will, when you find the only slots available are 16:00 or 22:00, for every league.
16:00 not really :\
But 22:00 is very good for me better ping after 21:00 :D
Anyway i though it was ias server :o Im not playing ias so... :fingers: :D

It is an iAS server, but it directly affects both the other leagues because when it goes, all the iAS league matches will have to be scheduled on servers 3, 4 and 5 instead of 6, therefore using up a lot of the slots which are currently available to stnd and pro matches as well, thus creating overcrowding for all league bookings :\

@ Dragon, nps matey I know a lot of ppl arent in a position to contribute and therefore don't expect them too - just trying to get the message to those who can afford to before time runs out :)

/me thinks you didn't read/understand :\

Psychotic said:
admin scheduled matches can't be forced on private servers, so, most of these games will probably be played at those times from now on.
Psychotic said:
not everyone trust a private clan server setup where maplist are rarely correct, where you can mess with internal settings such as tickrates or spec slots, where League Administration has no input in case of problems.

And servers 1 & 2 are prolly not coming back :(

Yeah Psy means the matches which are scheduled by league admin cos the clans are too lazy to do it themselves (you'd be surprised how many there are :rolleyes: ). You can still use private clan servers too, but with the loss of exactly half the league servers things are still gonna get pretty tight... :\

Well from what i see the only problem here is the #6 cause servers #1 and #2 are almoust not used for league in the last few months ...

So this will let us with 3 servers #3 , #4 ad #5 , well from the portuguese side ( and i guess i talk for all portuguese ppl ) we can try to talk with Telepac in order to give the Portuguese Telepac Server to UTAssault.net league server ! :D

The only thing good or bad about it is that lol )[IDC]( is going to DIV 1 like that and psy knows why im saying this , and i guess some portuguese like me therapy w00x and the_avatar will be back to )[IDC]( ...

But yes we can try to get that server ...
Not a very very very good one for some ppl but well for portuguese ppl it is :D
It can solve the problem temporary i guess and @rmagedon would be very happy lololol