League Assault 130 Final

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Ok League Assault 130 Final is done :D

The web site is now up to date and contains all the downloads and installation instructions: http://leagueas.utassault.net

In addition to those new features and fixes from v129 (which you can read here: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?threadid=12518) i have added the following features and fixes:

- Added 3 options (instead of just true/false) for admin, moderator and god tracking. Setting to 0 will disable it, 1 will enable it for matches only and 2 will enable it at all times. Default setting is 1.
- Fixed multi weapon/feign bug/cheat.
- Added Auto Pausing feature. During a match, when the teams become uneven the server will countdown from 3 then the server will pause. The server will remain paused until the teams become even again or until the team who has lost a player pause time runs out. Each team has maximum pause time per map (default 60 seconds) which the server will allow them to get their player back in or find a replacement. The 60 seconds carrys over multiple player drops, but once the 60 seconds have been used up the server will not pause for them any further. If a team loses a player the opposing team can choose to drop a player to even the teams and prevent the pause or wait the 60 seconds. Once the teams become even or the pause time for that team runs out the server will count down from 3 and unpause the game.
- Fixed some general UT bugs that happen during pausing:
--- Say/TeamSay messages will continue to work while the server is paused and not get stuck, however voice/speech commands still do not work (ill be looking into this for the next version).
--- The time remaining counter wont go into "catch up mode" once the server becomes unpaused and will continue to count down as usual.

Thats about it :) I recommend anyone who plays in the league download and installs the client package (details on the site). There are also full server installation instructions on the site, its a bit more complex to install than previous versions, so if you run into difficulties feel free to give me a shout.

Enjoy :D

- Added Auto Pausing feature. During a match, when the teams become uneven the server will countdown from 3 then the server will pause. The server will remain paused until the teams become even again or until the team who has lost a player pause time runs out. Each team has maximum pause time per map (default 60 seconds) which the server will allow them to get their player back in or find a replacement. The 60 seconds carrys over multiple player drops, but once the 60 seconds have been used up the server will not pause for them any further. If a team loses a player the opposing team can choose to drop a player to even the teams and prevent the pause or wait the 60 seconds. Once the teams become even or the pause time for that team runs out the server will count down from 3 and unpause the game.

Is this used in the league? I would hate to be in the middle of a jump, launch or wharever and the server pauses. I wouldn't mind a pause if the teams are uneven before a map starts but NOT duiring a map. If a team drops someone and they dont have a backup it's their own fault.

It doesn't affect a jump, launch or anything. When the server unpauses you'll still make the jump or the launch etc not just suddenly drop to the ground :D

Also you get 3 seconds warning b4 a pause, if you really want to avoid it you can drop a player and even the teams.

mmmh I'm worried about that pause stuff, wiggy :|
(goin into the deeper dungeons of my fantasy now) : It *could* be used as a tactical advantage. Example: Someone on def notices the attackers are launchin, but also notices the launch def's back is turned or whatever, so he drops out, tells the def dude on RW and rejoins 4-5 seconds after. Now the launch def knows there's a dude commin up and kills him.

Get the point?

hrm...

Built in Mutators, Anti RL anti HJ and Mapvoting...

I assume these guys are turned off by default? so, how are they enabled? standard "mutator" interface from webadmin?

I don't think that is an issue, you've got a 3 second count down before the server pauses by which time any launcher is gonna be clear and gone and your not gonna get any time to warn anyone.

There is an issue of pausing a game to discuss tactics, one I discussed with some1 during the development of this feature and one I've discussed with people since I released it public. You could choose to drop to give your team a chance to discuss a change in tactics, kinda like a timeout (sort of thing you get in American Football or is it Basketball I dunno). Still both teams are free to do it so it offers no advantages to anyone and if you use up your time in such a way you will not have it l8r if some1 does acutally drop.

Also don't forget anyone can stop a pause from happening or during a pause by dropping from the server and evening the teams. So if the other team loses a player, by accident or on purpose you can prevent the pause if you want. Guess its just another facet of clan tactics whether you choose to or not.

Its definately a feature thats gonna need a trial period to see how it pans out, with maybe some tweaking / changing for the countdown / pause times.

Yeah Wintermute they are just mutators you can turn on and off in the usual way from web admin or whatever, and like other mutators they are off by default.

What if someone drops out, and to prevent them 'talking tactics' one of your team drop out. Then the first person rejoins, would the server pause waiting for your team to have 6 players and would your drop out time get wasted?

And while you are trying to get back in to stop your time being wasted, they would still be 'talking tactics' but on your time.

It would be a dirty trick and that wouldn't be fair.

Last edited:
Yeah the server will pause unless you can get a player back in within the 3 seconds. This is something I'm aware of and needs to be looked at. Its not an issue for ppl who use voice comms since they can shout to get player back in, but for those who don't 3 seconds is unlikely to be enuf time for someone to notice that the other player has rejoined in the browser and join again.

Like I said I'm gonna give some thought to a solution to that one. Something like a "SkipPause" command would probably be best, so that if your team is the one with the player shortage you can choose to forgo your pause period.

we just did the guinea pig thing in our match with kgb - id need to try it some more before i declare my love for it, but i think it looked pretty good and the pausing stuff despite seeming odd at first didnt interupt the flow of play as you'd expect it might...

well done phear.... (bet you never thought id say anything nice to you eh?) :D

edit=typo

We just played DWAP and luckly it wasn't on. pi8 played 1 down for 2 maps before our 6th got on. If a clan decides to drop a player to make it even thats great but if they don't I wont be pizzed or anything, after all this is a 6 on 6 league.

Well if they don't want to drop then they can wait the 60 seconds. But like I said I'm adding a SkipPause function so that you can forgo your pause time if you drop players :D

nice phear m8 dunno about that pause thingy tho :S who knows we'll just see :)

btw i luv that * thingy if ur ready or not :D

was confused at start tho coz i was wondering what the hell i was doing wrong :lol:

wich of the files shud i d/l??

i want 2 know wich of the 3 files i shud d/l....
i've d/ld the Main Package.... is that correct?
i'm not running a server btw....
i just want the 1 i can play both off and online with....

If you read the installation instructions it explains what you need to do :)

For offline play you'll need to download all 3 packages and follow the instructions for "Client Package" installation.

Relax if you just downloaded it from the server you wont be able to access the options window. No biggy if you don't wanna change the options, but you'll need it l8r cos thats where you enter your details for the player auth/logging system.

The pause system will definately nned testing... so is the pause turned now on on all league servers? In that case expect a lotta countdowns to 3 as my modem gives 'some' connection failures when it's in that mood:D

question,..

if a clan only has 5 players for the whole match, will every1 have to w8 the netwait time + 60 secs every map ?