League Announcement Discussion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

co will prolly get a gothica ut2k4 server and we will make it available for the league.
if there is any other way in which i can be of service pls lemme know.

I imagine we could make a LeagueAS for servers and a toolkit for mapauthors. That way mapauthors could decide on all the gamerelevant stuff like spawnprotection, launching, etc. Dont think it will be a problem making these settings work in normal AS too.

Technically theres no reason to restrict AS beyond the following v basic definition:

One team does "something" as fast as possible. Then the other team tries to do it faster.

Adding mapspecific events/scheduling/triggers isnt too complex since its usually entirely serverside. Feel free to contact me if you want an estimate on how hard/easy it will be to implement a mapidea and possibly a hand making it work. 99% of the work involed in creating a map is still the actual construction process.

RookiE said:
Will you guys do an onslaught league aswell or just assault?
utassault.net crew goes 2k4 !

The last few weeks several members of the utassault.net crew got together to think about future possibilities for utassault.net. After several suggestions we decided to start a new league/site for ut2k4 with 2 ladders to start with: Assault and Onslaught.
Details about the leagues/ladders will be confirmed soon.

well it is a good idea so we keep the clans like mi5, etc ...the ones who left for onslaught, the idea is very nice as long as the original uta.net stays :P
the ut99 as part willl stay the best ;) but ut2k4 leauge is a very good idea

i think you should ban viruZZZZ because of his avatar before you do anything else :drool2:

I think you should pimp UTA radio and other community things as well, if you're doing a new webby then get it in there :D. Have 100 percent faith in you lot anyway, look what you've already achieved. GO FOR IT!

the idea is good imo,
but before making it, be sure you get a hammer working... the AS in 2k4 is not really good the way it is right now... no launching with hammer or rockets possible. Right now its just spam spam and TDM thrown together... besides.. the maps they have are shit and lag and even though i have a decent pc much maps i have 5 fps?????????
Get the mapers working... i would do some myself... but with my reputation i could make 10 great maps & still ppl would not like them... see you when you got like 10 working great maps... and plz... dont make a ASTENO remake plz.

If any Clans are interested in me joining their Clan in 2k4 League... contact me.

oh and befor i forget it... will there be the same shit for UT2k4 League as there is for UT99 League... i mean... no tweaks and stuff? So ppl spend 50-60$/€ for a game and you remove half of it? Would be shit imo.

small update, before you think this thread is gonna die.

We're still finishing the new league system. So i hope you can be a little bit more patient.
All is going okish apart from a few setbacks as in spare time. However the league will come !

Keep up the good work !(ohh and polle would it be hard to remove the delay on spawn when u get killed to what we have in UT99 instant respawn)

Keep up the good work !(ohh and polle would it be hard to remove the delay on spawn when u get killed to what we have in UT99 instant respawn)

that is already in the game :o its a server side setting, i have it on instant respawn on my server.