league 136 has destoryed insta matches

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

VaMpY

Jan 31, 2002
UK
ok ever since this came in i feel its destoryed any chance of a descent game lags servers so bad, its no longer fun to play the game any more

play ictf and the lag dissappears

im sorry to criterise all the work thats probably gone into this but i feel its not been for the better i would rather play against bots, sick and tired of seeing beams come outta ppl 3 feet away from where they are actually standing and theres a noctible lag on the mouse button compared to icft

plz add ur comments below if u feel the same

Reactions: Felerian
iCTF servs feel alot better yeh, but afaik the assault servs nvr been less laggy than the ictf servs. Can't feel much of a difference between NW on AS servs or on lets say NW DM.

Reactions: Ice
Play on an ictf server thats running all the protection ppl usually want and it feels laggy.

I reckon most of the people that say 136 has messed everything up just dont play as much as they used and just need an excuse for being crap :P

well last night was weird, we played fbc2 on rc servr and we warmed up on the server and all and felt fine (it was public) but as soon as he matchmode kicked in the server was laggy as fuck :/

Dont play many wars anymore but it seems like all the league servers are having problems with being setup or just doing random odd things during the war and yeh it feels a hell of alot more laggy and shots are very delayed and none of the weapons are balanced compared to any other league server, i see too many clans picking servers just because they are aimed towads minigunners for example id hope IF there is another leagueas version they would concentrate on these things first and not the so called "cheat" protection which was completely bypassed straight away and all the extra stuff like smiley's and stuff it's meant to fix bugs and stop cheats ( now impossible ) not add forum smileys.

Im not trying to be nasty towards the people who put alot of effort into the making of it but i think without constructive criticism then nothing could be ever done about it.

Reactions: Snuggs
I played for a map or two on a server that had no LeagueAS136 or cheat protection whatsoever and lag was almost nonexistent, even with 150 ping. I started playing on a LeagueAS136 server and suddenly I had to lead a whole bunch more; also the Minigun seemed a lot less powerful. The non-LeagueAS136 server seemed about as laggy as a LeagueAS135 server.

Now, I realize I'm an NAer, so the Minigun always rapes me, but however unbalanced I would say I prefer the more powerful Minigun along with non-laggy, less cheat protection to a less powerful Minigun and laggy cheat protection. I'm guessing the lagginess is what depowerized the Minigun cuz Psychotic said they reset the Minigun, but again I'd prefer the more powerful Minigun if it means less lag.

Last edited:
yay anutha 136 sux thread \o/.

lost count tbh........ Who kept score?

I'm sure they found a balance when it comes to "cheat free" playing n the lag.

N well orange just lags no matter what u run on it i'm afraid :(

The vast majority of cheatprotection is running on client. In most cases the server only reacts when something has been detected. All the visual stuff like smileys, tweaks, crosshairs, etc has no influence on server performance, the objects handling them never exist on the server.

The majority of assault servers are running at tickrate 20 while most CTF, DM servers run at tickrate 35+. Thats one obvious reason why assault servers feel more laggy. I have yet to see any compelling evidence though hat 136 would be measurably laggier than 135. Sometimes servers lag, sometimes they dont... like they always have.

Update in cheat protection was delayed by exams and Psy quitting. Not all enhancements in cheatprotection needs a new leagueas though and some of the new cheats can be detected already. More protection will be added in 137 which is pretty much ready for beta, but due to the current admin situation it has been postponed for a while.

Psy quitting? Nice to let the league know it this way :lol: (or am i speaking too early :sofa: )

Well he told several ppl at the end of last month that he was gonna retire v soon. Now he has been gone for about 3 weeks without telling anyone anything about his departure so I think its reasonable to assume he is gone for good.

I think this

This is probably the last time I sort the league tables, enjoy the summer UTA :wave:

in the post about July tables is the closest he came to posting a goodbye thread.