Laws and technology..

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Lex_Mortis

Not here
Sep 2, 2002
The Netherlands
Laws tends to lag on technology.. just look at internet and alike.

Does anyone know if there are any (EU) laws concerning the following: EMP (ElectroMagnetic Pulse) or UltraSonic Sound?

Any links or quotes will be appreciated.. :)

I have no idea on existing laws but I guess ultrasonic sound would fall under existing laws on sound, it is not illegal to make a sound at a certain frequency. However I assume it is illegal to make sounds at certain amplitudes. Doing anything detremental to someones health could fall under many laws. As for EMP I have no idea on this one either however doing anything to create a large EMP would proberly be illegal in its own right. If you did manage to create a considerable EMP you could be charged under existing laws of say criminal damage.

Reactions: HUEY
Well, the thing is.. the ultrasonic sound doesnt leave anything perminent nor traceble..
And for the EMP size I'm thinking about ~10meters.. not more, anything above that would cost a small fortune.

Well its not illegal to own a baseball bat... but it is illegal to break some stuff with it....
both EMP and infra and ultra sonic will sooner or later be regulated by some weapons laws ... at least as soon as there usage becomes more common amongst nations militarys