Kilroy

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

If his views were Anti-American, not Anti-Arab, would there be any outcry at all?

I know various public figures have been Anti-American, and nothing has happened to them.

It just shows how pathetic some people are, completely oblivious to the other side of the coin.

Ofcourse, on his specific opinions, I'm sure he didn't mean to accuse all Arabs, and he has now apologied for that much. Clearly he should have been more careful with his words.

I will not mention what my views are on what he actually said as I have yet to see the article, my point is down to the fact that it was a re-print of an article in April that didnt raise any eyebrows then...

I dont think anything huge has changed since then, either he was a terrible racist bastard then, or he was simply telling the truth, either way, it was OK for him to say it then, but not now. That I dont get.

Ye same here Mughi... does anyone have a link to the article? There are only snippets in the news.

'"You can't go around saying to Muslims that we want you to be British and part of society, but at the same time allow people to say anything they like about Arabs and Muslims," he said.'

Dunno about this bit :\ Wouldn't being part of British society involve the right to freedom of speech? It's such a grey area where free speech fades into racism or whatever, so it's hard for me to tell whether this statement is right.