just an idea.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

M

Mezziah

well, hmm i havent been here very much latelly due to rl issues, but now i had me some free days, so i figured id catch up on some gaming. had tons of fun and found something that made me post this here. quite possible that this have been posted b4 - but hey if so - FLAME me :)

last hour or so i spent watching q3 demos, really gr8 friggin fun to see the amazing skill of others - guess that clued u in on my idea eh? ;)

how abouts if 1 player of each team could rec a demo of every map in the matches? and then these demos were uploaded to the league site? would be really fun, after all even watching a demo of a game u played in yourself could be fun, since u got to see it from another perspective. i believe this could take assault to a new level, fun and skill wise.

and as for demos revealing the tactics? well i doubt most clans give out their full teamtactics via teamtalk, and u would still only see the gameplay from 1 guys eyes, much like if u were actually in the game on the other team.
and if some tactics were revealed i think that WOULD be good, since all the "good" clans use more or less the same tactics as far as ive seen, so they really wouldnt benefit from spending hours watching demos- on the other hand less good clans could prolly improve lots from the lil tactics-tidbits they could catch?

only reason i could see not to do this is if ur team talk an unusual amount of #¤"!¤#" about the other team - but then again that could make up for some good laffs as well :)
(oh maybe webspace could be a prob as well?)

so? waddyasayboutit?

ps if u havent, DL a demo from q3 of ClanKapitol playing, pov fatality - thats some sick ass @#%$ right there :)

Re: just an idea.

I recorded a load of demos a few months back with basic tricks to help newbies, hasn't got the newer stuff in though and also it didn't use any mutaters like Eavy etc, I'll check em out, c if they run on 436 and that not too much is given away

www.clanbase.com has a similar idea. You can go over there and search for demos. Really cool idea IMO.......I just downloaded a CTF tournament match (?) said to be a great match......off to watch it now =)

Kawada

I also got a few serverside demos of double hammerlaunches, that I may considering giving, need to think about it and ask Ninja/neo and whoever else was in the demos
I could also give ya my user.ini

I know a lot of people will disagree with that Mezziah. They all want to hoard onto there tricks. But I too think it's a good idea. What I want to know is why Assault is so different than EVERY other game and Mod. CTF, TDM,1 on 1,quake3,etc all have demo's out for ther match's. In pi8's next match (or scrimmage) I am going to see if we can't do a server side demo. If we show more of the tricks (note: not all, there are some tricks that are still not common knowledge that should remain within that clan so they can use it for as long as they can before it becomes common knowledge). But 95% of all tricks are of your garden variety tricks that most of clans already know (dont know exact percentage of course, but its definitely a big number). It's not the tricks that win, it's the personal in the clan that wins the match. I personally think it's a good idea. And I have got a couple requests from www.planetunreal.com in my email saying they would love to see how Assaulters play there match's. A lot of people are scared away from Assault because it's definitely not NEW BEE friendly. Even people in my own clan disagree with me on some of these issue's.

u would be surprised how many of ur tricks are commen knowledge on this side of the pond :)
anyway i found the demos I recorded back in June, 11 of them are usable(some are bugged for some reason) although a lot of the newer tricks ain't in there :/
anyway it's only 3.30 megs for all of them zipped

if the problem is, that UT crashes when you want to playback, it happens virtually never with the UT demo watcher.

Too late deleted them now :/
crashing and 2 or 3 of them had messed up views, I'll have a look for the double hammer demos now

Perhaps we should just get a small team of good assault players and record some basic stuff, and expand it if it gets popular? Plz tell me what u think below, thx :)

As for space, well the ftp has unlimited space, so just send em to me and ill upload em for u. I may even put up a section under my new mapz page coming shortly, tho perhaps the "Mapz" page will have to be renamed to "Misc" Or "General". Hehe :D

Crusader

Hey Crusader, I'll get some NA players together to demorec some various moves. Send em on your way if your really wanting to do this. I'd love to help out. I would also like to link to it from various websites I haunt so they have could grab them if they wish also.

Boldarblood|pi8|

A few tips
1st make sure there are no Mutaters on the server, will only mean less ppl will be able to view it.
2nd if u got time bind the stuff u wanna say inbetween to keys.
3rd serverside demos u won't be able to 1st person without getting a fucked up view
4th bind fly | slomo 4 and walk | slomo 1

"www.clanbase.com has a similar idea. You can go over there and search for demos."

yah actually theres where the idea about posting here struck me - seing how good the cb-clans are at assault in general :)

www.starsofsweden.com - 2nd place in cb :lol:
some fine-looking young men :)

where u get the idea to put Neo Rox in the vibrator ?

nice :)

but there's something on top, ermmm oh well, you know

ttt

PHIL!!!!!!!!!!! get on it :)
i wanna se some good nrg fraggin already :)