Jolt 2 iAS server - bad news for you insta players...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
After a convo with Neo tonight it appears Jolt have decided to discontinue running a server dedicated to iAS for the indefinate future.
<Spirit> seem to be missing Jolt 2 again :\
<Neo> cus its closed
<Spirit> :\
<Neo> indefinately
<Spirit> how come?
<Neo> ut sux
<Neo> ;p
<Spirit> ffffffssss but its always full!!
<Neo> need em for somethin more important than assault
<Spirit> ffs there is nothing more important than iAS
<Spirit> :D
<Spirit> slag!
<Spirit> sort em out!
<Spirit> dont make me play on orange, pls :\
<Neo> cant soz m8
<Spirit> :(

This is clearly bad news for the iAS community as we all know there were only two iAS servers of which jolt was one, and Orange the other. A lot of people get small amounts of packet loss to orange, and as it only holds 8 players is gonna be a rare occasion you get a good game there, if ever.

There are, of course, the league servers which rotate the game style, however its very rare you actually find anyone on these as its unpredicatble if it will be a server you get a good ping to, and they are always booked up at peak time anyway.

So, we are left with pretty much no where decent to play public iAS now :( This is not good news for those of us who enjoy playing a lot of public iAS, and I'm sure a lot of you would like to see more options that this, so whadda we got:

#1 Spam Jolt until they give us the server back - unlikey to work but vent some frustration at least ;)

#2 One of the league servers is set to iAS on a permanent basis. This has been discussed before and it was decided it wasnt viable. For one, it will still be booked up virtually every evening and thus not being a great deal of help, and secondly it would be difficult picking one of the servers that everyone pings well to - although the gamservers.nl ones seem fairly good all round.

#3 Sort out our own server one way or another. I would be happy to organise and admin a public server, however cannot afford to pay for it myself. I could set up a paypal account and take contributions, but I would have to be assured at least 80% of the cost before I could seriously think about it. Admin of this would not be easy, although I think it could be pulled off if enough people were willing to chip in a few £ each month...

Anyone else got any ideas, opinions, or any decent clan servers that could be used when not in use otherwise cos this sux :(

FUCK!

Dunno what we can do about that ,mmmmm but really is a very bad new for ias league ,as we said auters we can put aut server like a "public" one but it isnt the best server for play insta but ...... ARRG im really pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we could use the suym server but once again it anit great for pings :(

seams mad that a game thats played as much as insta only has one public server now :(

that's v sad news :(

Is it my imagination or have the insta servers been more busy than ever?

arse, I'm in a bad mood now :mad:

What server is the SUYM one mate?

Ye mad indeed, Jolt 2 and orange were always rammed, usually had to wait for a place. and now its just orange... 8 slots for everyone that plays iAS... sux :(

i can speak to MyM tomorrow about having our server setup for IAS only prob is its always passworded......
would be great for us coz it needs testing anyway:D

i can pester skully and rick to make rc server insta maybe every other night or couple of nights a week
cant promise anything tho

Bad news indeed jolt was the server that I played most IAS on. Maby I can have a word with Geno.Cider and see if we can make one of the swap servers a public IAS, on the other hand all UK players have to learn how to play insta with lag and pl, since the server is located in Sweden :)
________
Fuck tube free

Last edited:
ffs :/

orange only has 8 spots, and with me slow puter I'll be kicked 4 sure'(if I even get in lol) coz other insta players wanna play aswell......

besides, I know ppl who ping very bad on orange lately, so ffs somebody better think of a solution fast :cow:

Yeah getting kicked is certainly gonna be a problem for anyone who's loading time isn't up to scratch, and certainly for me Orange ping was been :wanker: recently...

Appreciate all the offers of clan servers - ideally we need just one that is set up on a regular basis so people can add it to their favourites, as opposed to having to scan through the whole of the assult listing to find out which on is iAS for the evening. It also needs to be one that everyone can ping reasonably to - this unfortunately really means either one in the UK or Netherlands...

X-Bomb, what server is the -8- one? Having passwords is a bit of a bitch - I was gonna rent a gameserver.nl cos they are so cheap, but those also remain passworded unless you pay another E100 a month :o/ You can put the password as something dead simple like 'insta' but that still stops anyone other than ppl in the know joining. R-C server is jolt isnt it? That would be nice ;) In the mean time, I might just rent a gameserver.nl and see if i can get away with putting the password in the server title ;)

Our server is a clan-servers one, seems to ping good for most people.
We can put password in irc topic and put a link to that in the server title, thats all our contract will allows us to do. To make the server fulltime public would have cost an extra 50% :( although thats still half the price of a public gameservers one

Cos there is only ever 1 server set to iAS, as often as not it is one of the servers that a lot of people get very bad pings too, they are booked up by clans practicing or having matches during the whole evening which is exactly when people wanna play, and people don't wanna have to scan through all the servers to try and find which one is set to iAS and whether it is booked up or not - they just wanna look in favourites and hit go.

Don't get me wrong, the league servers provide a fantastic service, but their priority is league matches and clan practices and public gaming is just a side benefit which will always come second place to league events. The iAS community really needs some dedicated public iAS servers :\

Maybe i can talk scrote into upping the player count... lol.

And ive been told the ping/loss problems at ornage should be fixed sometime this something (Dunno what there doing, but thats what ive seen posted by scrote).

Ull server

Well since i always play on jolt 2 insta

i will set ull server to insta for you all to play on.

So server is now set to insta, 12 players and lots of different maps too!

so go have fun 195.149.21.114:7857

edit: i will try have it set to insta as much as possible

Last edited: