Invisible projectiles fix

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hmm.. seems to be a bit bugged.
It runs on DoG server right?
when you now walk over rockets/flak (pick up weapon) and you keep walking over it forth and back you get maximum ammo :lol:

Hm, looks like it still doesn't like the late appearance when fired up from Cratos' DynamicPackageLoader (even with the DynamicMutatorLoader).

Name me one thing in the DM scene that has been kept intact. I think you'll find that all weapons and all player classes have been altered in any league that uses any combination of Pure / DC / CB12.

Show me a ladder that uses out-of-box server config + default classes.

Quite frankly I'm sick of hearing from people moaning about invisible projectiles and the like; and now, when a fix is trialled, all we get is bullshit moaning from people who ARE TOO LAZY to take on board these changes.

Last edited:
Hm, looks like it still doesn't like the late appearance when fired up from Cratos' DynamicPackageLoader (even with the DynamicMutatorLoader).

Spawning of initial actors is not entirely deterministic. If DynamicMutatorLoader fails occasionally for this mutator I would expect it to occasionally fail for other weaponreplacement mutators as there really isnt any fundamental difference in how they work. It should probably be loaded with level to ensure it wont fail.

Yes, and thats fucking annoying. I keep MANUALLY selecting weapons, which i havent done for years. Why can't we just adapt like the DM-scene and keep stuff intact...

It takes about 10 seconds to change getweapon to switchweapon in an ini file. Exact same thing that was required for tiw minis.

If switchtobestweapon does not work then the most likely explanation is that your weapon priority list contains more than 48 entries which means there is no room for the updated weapons. Removing a few entries should allow the mutator to insert the weapons at the same location as the original weapons.

If you dont have 49+ entries in your weapon priorities list then it would be a bug in the mutator. If you paste your weapon priorities list here ill take a look at it.

New version:

- Made it double check after mapstart. This makes it work if used as a serveractor and should hopefully fix the problem where players could grab same weapon many times.
- Fixed slight displacement of replaced weapons.
- New name with version number.

Attachments

• rocketsfix10.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 82
With invisible rockets made visible again, you guys are just simply tackling a major bug of UT netcode. That one was considered by many to be one of the hardest to fix. And it goes down in our assault league community :thumb:

:!ola: YAAAAAY!

my play-feeling since ages

but it could be the shuttle at this special point
there are some minor bugs around and in it

such brushs are "delicate" in UT
the helicopter from hispeed makes invisi stuff u can walk in the air at some places
had it in bioassault
so i kicked the heli concept and made a harbor :lol:

Snuggs is right, I tried it offline with some secondary shocks, and it is indeed a brush.
It's ok because it's not a League map, but it was the decider map for pug, which was annoying (for uZi & co :p: ).

but to stay on topic: It would be nice to have it on PUG to try it out, i think pug is closest you can get to League, so it's a good opportunity to test it that way.
It is one of biggest flaws in UT, and you (nearly) perfected it.

Hey guys,

I recently digged this out and wanted to give it a try.....but..

how do I actually install this stuff? :<

regards

kingy

read the fist post there is a part serverside (ou can not do something it's only for admin server )
and a part playerside

for download http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1658&view=previous

ave
minimum netspeed 10000
framerat set like your screen ( minimum 60 )

UnrealTournament.ini
[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=10000
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] ( or other one you use)
RefreshRate=60

Last edited: