[INTERVIEWS] - ReD and Farac

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
Well its England 2 vs Sweden 2 Semi Final match today in the 2nd bracket, so i thought i would interview ReD and Farac to see their views on the upcoming match (the interviews are not about themselves - more about their teams and the match today). The winner will play Netherlands 2 or Germany 3 in the final. Bit lazy answers from ReD, but thats ReD for you:P Farac's Interview is below where the stars are.

==========================================

X-Bomb:
Hi ReD,
How has the EAC experience been for you personally, Have you enjoyed the tournament so far, or has it been too stressful?

ReD:
I have enjoyed the matches but trying to get a team together is pretty stressful, for me anyway. Also i've been wanting to play ut2004 instead of ut99.

X-Bomb:
So ReD how do u feel about being left out of England 1 where the majority of the -8- players are?

ReD:
Im noob, only partially active in ut99. Didnt expect to get in team1 but i kinda wanted to be a backup player for the team.

X-Bomb:
Have you come to know your new team mates well? how do you get along with them?

ReD:
Pretty good actually.. Have a laugh with them on coms and they taught me some stuff i didnt know. (blatant h4x) tbh they're the most friendly team ive played with lol. Its nice to play a match without Riv calling everyone shit and Nekro getting a boner when he gets a kill.

X-Bomb:
Who are the key members of your team?

ReD:
Hard to say tbh but frag wise its Proto/hogo otherwise its Vital/Thrasherbumsign

X-Bomb:
If you could have any player from Any team, who would it be?

ReD:
Anni or Killartron, both awesome players and funny on coms!

X-Bomb:
If you could flame anyone in your team, who would it be?

ReD:
Paa, hes a twat and i do flame him whenever i can :D

X-Bomb:
What is your strategy for the Semi final? Will you go launch or dm style, or mix it up.

ReD:
A mix but it will depend on who actually plays. We do not have a decided lineup yet.

X-Bomb:
I heard you make tactics on the fly is this true?

ReD:
Yes lol but they usually consist of "yeah lets launch, Good game"

X-Bomb:
As the team captain what message would you give to your team (if you were forced to give one) before the war today?

ReD:
Lets own em and if they flame.. flame them back.

X-Bomb:
Have you decided on a team yet?

ReD:
Kinda

X-Bomb:
What all this business about a 2 server war? why dont you play 2 legs instead or a 1 server neutral war?

ReD:
Cause we are lazy bastards and dont want to play 2 wars.

X-Bomb:
Do you think it will be an advantage for you to start on your home server for the 1st 7 maps?

ReD:
Yes but i think they will have the advantage in the end.. They played on these servers before, so they can easily adjust to it. I don't play on many servers other than UK in any game so it may be harder for some of our team to adjust.

X-Bomb:
What do you think about your opponents? is there anything that worries you about them?

ReD:
Not much really, i havent even looked at their team.

X-Bomb:
If you reach the final, who would you prefer to play NL2 or Germany 3?

ReD:
NL2 i think, im hoping we dont have to play 2 wars then aswell cause i cant be arsed lol.

X-Bomb:
You could have made a bit more of a effort but thanks for your time :lol:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​

X-Bomb:
Hi Farac,
How has the EAC experience been for you personally, Have you enjoyed the tournament so far, or has it been too stressful?

Farac:
Well for teamsweden 2 as a whole it has been fun playing with people you only faced as your oppoents before. Besides manta crippan iggy and tarkin who played together with me in -[T-swe]-.
It has actually caught me by surprise how good casper and donnie managed to get used to new tactics new/old launches diffrent positions especially for casper.
The only actuall problem we have encountered so far in the tournament must be player problems before wars and people not showing up on time or at scheduled practise sessions.
We've technically been playing with no backups at all during wars. And for todays match vs England 2 i'm not sure if we will manage more than 5 players. Maber can't play due to work and maxiz` has a summerjob and WoW playing :P
The only stressfull about this cup is to get a full team consisting of 6 players other than that all the arrangements inside swe2 squad has been pretty much easy. I could honestly say it would be great to play with them all as in one clan even in uta tables. :)

X-Bomb:
So Farac how do u feel about being left out of Sweden 1, do you think you deserve a spot in Sweden 1 or are you happy about being in Team 2?

Farac:
To be honest I was a bit stressed about not taking part of swe1| at first and however if I deserved to be in the squad or not isnt anything im thinking about. I made up my mind and applied for being team captain. I shouldn't resign my position due to the fact I cant play with ex clanmates from swap. The only thing I disliked with the cup was the rules about only 4 players can play from 1 clan at a time during the group stage.
With that in mind I lost one of my key players "crippan" to swe1| and with Ba]V[sE not being able to play during this eac cup we lost another key player as in both defence and fragging (vacation with family).
To be perfectly honest I don't miss being in team 1 at all. With the current squad I've now with players in no specific order. Ligisten, maber, casper, donnie, xerxes, black manta active ones. (inactive iggy tarkin and maxiz.) We've all grown and got used to how other people plays during wars. So they have been given that kind of player role they wanted. I've even been forced to change tactics so it would suite them better. I wouldn't swap my teammates with anyone else I like it as it is.

X-Bomb:
Have you come to know your new team mates well? how do you get along with them?

Farac:
I've got to know them how they play in the game. But on a personal level I have not. So far I can't complain about them. They have done what I've asked for. New tactics has been used more than once and they have actually learned them all. Only down side is to get every player available at the same time for practise. At this point we havent had a practise session with everyone at the same time. But we manage.
I would say we all get along just fine. In the beginning of the tournament I might have been known to be aggressive over ventrilo during wars. Which I usually gets when I enter a new environment with unknown people to me. I want certain things done in a special way. If it doesn't go as I planned I turn to be a bit quick of my judgement towards people. But further in the torunament we have come I actually got much much more relaxed and that little tyrant of myself has vanished.
Everything looks good now but you never know if that little something might change :)

X-Bomb:
Who are the key members of your team?

Farac:
Well we don't have a special key player in this team. The key is in the whole team it doesnt lie on one individual. We play as a team accordingly and that shall not be changed. Of corse we can split certain individuals into diffrent aspects as in frag skills launch skills etc but as a whole I would say all players are as good as they can be while playing together.

X-Bomb:
If you could have any player from Any team, who would it be?

Farac:
Well as I said earlier the loss of crippan took us hard as we were compatible in both teamplay and in launching as we both played for -[T-Swe]-

X-Bomb:
If you could flame anyone in your team, who would it be?

Farac:
Would probably be myself as I can be quite ruthless on other players. But the actuall problem lays within me. My feelings might go overboard sometimes and it shouldn't be taken out on on any player besides myself.

X-Bomb:
What is your strategy for the Semi final? Will you go launch or dm style, or mix it up.

Farac:
Well our tactics has been more or less based on launching. As I've played for {[AUT]} for more than a year I was taught that a good offense is a good defense. And a good offense certainly is about launching. Launching is a big factor in our gameplay. But don't take the frag bit too cautios. We have people that are good fraggers especially with minigun/sniperrifle and these certain individuals has been placed on their favorite positions across the map.
How it will end we'll see on tuesday as it's only 1 match series.

X-Bomb:
I heard you make tactics on the fly is this true?

Farac:
Yeah pretty much. After each match has been played and I see something doesnt add up for our attack or defence it must be taken on immediately. A win is a win and we strafe for 2nd brackets 1st spot.
I've always been a tactical leader with tactics. I can't stand playing for a team who play as they were on a public server. I need it done my way as I was taught while I was in the military service. There is no "I" in team. We all work hard to get what we deserves.

X-Bomb:
As the team captain what message would you give to your team (if you were forced to give one) before the war today?

Farac:
If you're reffering to the player line up I got nothing to say right now. If I could I would field the best squad but as we might only have 5 players for todays match I take what I can get. Both xerxes, maber is out due to work/holiday so that leaves me maxiz` which havent played much at all during this cup. I'll be forced to guide him through the defence during map rotation. So we'll see how that goes.

X-Bomb:
Have you decided on a team yet?

Farac:
As stated above we have no other players available so I get what I can get at this time being.

X-Bomb:
What all this business about a 2 server war? why dont you play 2 legs instead or a 1 server neutral war?

Farac:
Red said that he only want to play 1 war and too make it fair we would play each half on our own servers. I wouldnt mind a 2 legs series but this is how it goes sometimes. And as the tournament is been played during summertime it makes it hard to get a team at certain periods and it seems to be one of those minor periods right now.

X-Bomb:
Do you think it will be an disadvantage or advantage for you to start on the English server for the 1st 7 maps?

Farac:
Technically it's a disadvantage hence they get to start with 7 maps on uk server. If they are lucky they can get 7-0 lead due to homefield advantage. But if we put up a good fight we might even be able to pull their advantage in our favour. If we do well on their home turf we have a upper hand mentally on them as we get to play rest of the match on our server. If it would go to overtime it also makes it the overtime playing on our homeserver. Due to overtime anymore switches of servers won't be made. If it's a long shot or not time will tell.

X-Bomb:
What do you think about your opponents? is there anything that worries you about them?

Farac:
All teams worries me because we have no idea how they play or who will play their war. Another aspect that worries me the most is how teamsweden will act when the match starts. If we are nervous it might end up in our opponents favour but we shall not give up. It's not over till the fat lady sings. If she sings awefully then we will have to blame the english muppets :P

X-Bomb:
What do you honestly feel are your chances of winning against England 2?

Farac:
Our chances are as high as for everyone else it doesnt matter who we will face we will end as the winner of the series. GOD forbid otherwise.

X-Bomb:
If you reach the final, who would you prefer to play NL2 or Germany 3?

Farac:
Well as NL2 got a stronger team on the roster I would say Germany 3. But no team is worse then any other. It all depends on how much they actually want to win. If they think negative before the war it will surely end up negative. Think positive and you'll lead your team to victory! :D
I can't be sure this will be correct tho but I can only hope :)

X-Bomb:
Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Wtf? Haven't played much? I've played way more then Iggy/Tarkin! Not fair, I'm the key player, really.. I am. :o

Other than that, good reading!

ReD's just angry I included jokos wale joke in his interview and didnt remove it for him :rolleyes:

yeh then jus say loudest instead of being upset about the joko thing and adding something stupid and extra onto your reply about me.