interview - Zanmato

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
smant: First of all and most importantly, how does it feel to be playing in the finals?
Zanmato: It feels good, I think we have played and won a couple of intense games to lead up to the finals so I feel we definitely deserve to be there

smant: Since you've more or less taken over squad management duties of EnglandII you've taken a lot of responsibilities into your hands and in my opinion turned the EnglandII's fate in this cup around. What are some of the things you tried to do to get EnglandII back in the running after the group stages?
Zanmato: Well before the group stages ended, we were able to get 2 good players in Silence and Sphere. Afterwards I knew we would be able to field a team for the rest of the games, I was able to give good tactics based on where I think the players would be best suited.

smant: So far, what has been your most thrilling moment in this IAC cup?
Zanmato: Personally I think winning 5 maps vs [NA] on their home server when we needed 4 was our best moment. I guess not many people expected us to do that.

smant: You've chosen to play only one match for the 2nd bracket finals vs. Poland. How did you come about this decision and what do you think the positive and negative effects for EnglandII will be?
Zanmato: Well, it was a decision Poland's match arranger initially wanted, and I thought it would be ok since a nl based server is in the middle of Poland and England so the pings for both teams should be similar, I don’t think there will be any distinctive positive or negative effects.

smant: Tonight's match obviously puts everything on the line with the decision to play only 1 match. What sort of attitude will you and your team be entering the game with?

Zanmato: Well we are definitely going to feel that every map counts, moreso than if we were playing on 2 servers, I think if we stick to our tactics from the previous games we should do well

smant: And what exactly are those tactics and would you please translate them into Polish? Seriously: What sort of strategies does England expect to use to win: Do you build your teams and attacks around certain key players, and do you plan on out-launching or out-fragging Poland?
Zanmato: Well, myself and Virus (Rodrigo), have played assault with each other for a while, and have done lots of launches in the past so we have brought that aspect to EngII's tactics, we usually set launches for all of the popular maps. Hopefully in the game we can do both, out-frag and out-launch Poland. The other 3 players know a few good launches on various maps, and I think all 5 of us have pretty good fragging skill.

smant: How much do you know and how do you feel about your Polish opponents?
Zanmato: I dont know them that well to be honest, I think most of them are in the clan atp and Ive played a couple of wars vs them but thats it. So I dont really know what to expect.
smant: Does the fact that you don't know what to expect change your approach to the game?
Zanmato: Nah not really, we will probably use the same strat as in previous wars

smant: Do you have anything to add in conclusion?
Zanmato: Just hope we play good in the final, and gl to Poland.
smant: Alright, thank you very much Zan and good luck to England (and Poland) in the finals this evening :)