Interview - uZi

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
smant: As the England Captain you've seen some pretty intense matches so far. What has your overall IAC experience been like and how does it feel to be playing in the final round?
uZi: Tbh, Its been pretty fun, even the fun and frolicks with the flames. Tis good to play in the final.. jus hope we can sort out some times/dates we can both field full strength teams so it'll be as close and fair as possible :)

smant: In the Group Stages, England had a somewhat tough loss to NA2 followed by some lovely flames, how did you as England Captain manage to get your squad back on track and focus on beating Scotland?
uZi: Wasn't much of a tough loss tbh.. we knew we'd still qualifiy. I just arranged the scotland match asap, as I was aware that they might not be able to schedule it in time for the deadline. Didn't even play in the Scotland match actually.. left it for mym to organise, as I was working that night :)

smant: Has it been easy for you as a captain to adjust to playing with players you don't typically play clan wars in? How do you do your tactics based on this?
uZi: Well I've played with them all in pugs plenty, which makes it a lot easier.. and also od is in NOOB too, so he knows what I'm on about most of the time :D. Tactics wise, we treat it like a pug, I just say what we're doing before the game.. I think we had one prac before the 2nd swedish match, where we sorted out a few launches, as we knew we'd be outpinged.

smant: Who are the key players on your team? Do you try to play around them or as a group?
uZi: Tbh, I don't see anyone as key.. we have a very strong squad.. and everyone can have their moment of genius (even MyM!!!).. I suppose, on defence I will always push wish in a position to inflict as much damage as possible.. but his ping can be problematic :( And Riv is very good on attack, so tend to try and give him support/diversions if we can.

Smant: You'll be playing vs NL2 in the upcoming Final match of the IAC. Is there any motivational message you'd like to send to your team?
uZi: Yeah, fucking turn up you cunts! (that means you torp)

smant: How do you feel about your opponents in NL2?
uZi: Ignoring us, I think theyre the best team in the cup, although I think they weakened their team a bit by spreading out their best players over all 4 teams. I feel this is the best of the 3 though. Obviously got Pete and Chris who play very well together, and also a very strong player in rookie. And theres still kaka, spoq, and mont who are all very good solid players too. I think they have a well rounded squad.

smant: You mentioned Petez and Salva, who are both clanmates of yours in NOOB*. How does this affect your game, tactics-wise, play-wise and otherwise?
uZi: tactics-wise, we know each others games very well.. so will make it a bit more interesting :D Overall though, I like playing against pete, hes a very good opponent ;)

smant: Is there anything that worries you about your match vs NL2?
uZi: Umm, nah not really... mainly if all our NTL player's pings are fucked, which is quite likely unless we play at 2am in the morning :S

smant: That's certainly a problem England is going to have to overcome. I know you're still in the process of scheduling this final match for a date both teams can field a strong team... but do you think it's an advantage to play on your home or away server first?
uZi: Don't see an advantage either way.. obviously playing on the nicer ping last is probably better as the pressure gets greater in the second match, but nothing much else to it. The pings themselves will be pretty even imo, probably only 5-10 difference either way for both servers (ignoring ISP probs)

smant: Lastly, is there anything else you'd like to add to this?
uZi: Just, hope we can find a good date and have a really close intense couple of matches - looking forward to it :) - Gut luck dutch cunts (fu pete)
smant: Alright, thank you very much uZi and good luck to you and your squad in the Finals!!

Nice one. Would have liked to hear some predictions of how certain maps might go - what ones are Eng's strong / weak, etc. But nice to know uZi's up for it ;)

Nice one. Would have liked to hear some predictions of how certain maps might go - what ones are Eng's strong / weak, etc. But nice to know uZi's up for it ;)

hey hey hey uZi put up with me for a good 15 minutes to do that, don't press your luck! :P

Well 1st match is prolly gonna happen wed. 11th and MAYBE 2nd match will be thur. 12th ;)
:rofl: 6 hours ago you posted this aka 05:15 u went to bed? :rofl: :lol:

Anyway nice interview, looking forward to the match!:hangover:

TL ; DR
why does a cunt like uzi get an interview? Why dont you interview people who have respect for others.

I wasn't refering to myself no , im a cunt too :p:. It was a nice interview yes, I just suspected a more 'respectable' member of the community.

tbh I disagree with the part about both servers will be equal, rookie, salva, pete have a lower ping to -8-/pug server than every UK person i have seen except drag

but nice interview :thumb:

Yeah you're right about that.. they all ping lower than me to UK, but itll balance out with their other players.

Oh and whoever was moaning about me not having respect for people - I respect people who deserve it. You have to earn respect, and those who have earned it don't get any shit from me. Those who didn't earn it, or lost my respect, get all the shit they deserve. A lot of the crap thats gone on recently has come out making me look bad, cos I stand up for myself when someone is being a cock. Just remember that theres a whole lot more to most of the "flames" you see ;)

Oh and n1 to smant for the effort he puts into the cup :D

Last edited:
wossie respects noone, he is the law (and chuck norris' sidekick, for that matter)
COS HE CAN

take it y'all