InstantFire ???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Guzzy

Feb 24, 2003
Lisbon , Portugal
Well hello guys ,
Last night while i was playing a TDM match for the portuguese ladder , i notice that the other guys from the other clan , took less time then us to fire when they change from weapon to weapon...

For exemple :

When i switch from Enforcers to Rockets it takes a bit of time to fire the 1st rocket ( we hear a noise first and then we fire ) .
They fired instantly ...

Question1:
Is this a cheat ?

Question2: If is not a cheat , how can i make it ? :D

Thats all thx alot

prolly lag tbh facer or as i said in irc
you might of gone :
Enforcer>Hammer>Rockets

the other bloke might of gone
Mini>Rockets

i noticed that too, you get a rocket at your feet and 1/10 of a second later a headshot from the same guy, really strange sometimes. :confused:

If you use hidden you dont see weapons and can fire faster!

Because you can actually fire before the weapon is completely "switched"
with some weapons, sniper shock...
And if you don´t see weapon it´s easier to actually do that, otherwise you w8 for it to switch completely!

BUT rocketlauncher is always slow, and if you don´t use direct binds for some weapons you die in a close dm-fight!

agree with bamse, hidden weapon let s you fire quicker after a weapon change, I noticed it really often caus i m using right hand. another thing that let s you fire quicker is bind a key to that does change to that weapon and also fires. i use a ripper bind and i get the feelin that it s quicker using that bind that selects ripper and fires instead of choosing and fireing manually. i think especially dm player use such binds.

they might also use throw weapon, which then switches to their next favourite weapon, and pickup the weapon they just chucked.

Think something Psy told me if u del some of your unneeded alias or have alot of em it can slow down things also hidden weapon is a hell of alot faster cause u dont wanna fire with show weapon till it's fully showed so uw ait where as hidden u just stop shooting..

i was always under the impression that it takes longer to fire a weapon if i keep holding the firebutton down while changeing

First of all, use hidden weapons, switching goes faster, and for the RL i use this bind :

InstantRockets
<key>=setinstantrocket 0 | onrelease setinstantrocket 1

For a one-key-toggle, you would have to use the command cycle technique described above:

Aliases[#]=(Command= setinstantrocket 0 | set input <key> IR_on,Alias=IR_off)

Aliases[#+1]=(Command= setinstantrocket 1 | set input <key> IR_off,Alias=IR_on)

<key>=IR_on