Inception

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

can you name some plotholes? because I didn't really see any..
Perhaps this movie is just a little to confusing for you? :P

+1 Huey, nice popcorn-flick with good cast, snappy editing and convincing se, but yet soon to be forgotten.
Now I wanna see Predators! :rocket:

Last edited:
Seen it for the 2nd time yesterday and to me it gets only better the more I see it.
There are so many subtile things woven into this movie. Like (BIG SPOILER):
In the elevator scene with the locked up memories of Cobb. When they change floors, you suddenly see a train moving by in a desertlike setting. Only further in the movie you realize that this is the train he and Mal use to wake up from their dreamstate (or kill themselves) to go back to "reality". It's also the same train that comes bursting the city in the level 1 dream.

Another thing is the music used for stating that the kick is about to come (Non, je ne regrette rien). Marion Cotillard played the role of Edith Piaf in La vie en Rose. Just thought that was funny.

i enjoyed the movie a lot. great idea etc (has all been said before).
but i would say 9/10 because a few things are a bit too unclear and made it hard to follow. of course this is a challenge but it would have felt a bit more convenient (= better) not to be that much in doubt about the details (whose dream it was at this and that moment etc.)

@ breen: i was wondering about this (taken from imdb):

Plot holes: The zero-gravity during the van drop in dream layer 1 is transferred to layer 2 (the hotel room). Since the dreamer in the hotel room thus experiences zero gravity, this should propagate into level 3 (the alpine setting) and so on.

and a question i have:
is it correct, that the only special thing inside a dreamers dream is, that "his" projections are walking around and kind of protecting his world? so the world itself can be altered by anyone, who joined that dream?

and: does the world have to be created by "the dreamer"? because i think level one of the flight dream is supposed to be yusufs dream, right? wasn't he instructed by ariadne about the environment? and the rain came from his bladder kind of, right? but then again fischer's projections are starting to shoot, because he was trained to defend his dreams. shouldn't the dreamer's projections be yusufs?

or is it more like: there is a "dreamer" (the subject) and there is another guy who prepares the environment for the dream. in that case there would have to be a special cable inside the dream machine case that is the "dreamer cable" - and only that guy's projections are allowed in or something. so there is always a host (instructed by the architect about the environment - because ariadne didn't prepare any of the levels herself, right?) and the subject fills that environment with the projections. that really means (kind of), that the machine must be able to distinguish between these two and the rest of the ppl.

oh and another plot hole (maybe?) one from imdb:

Plot holes: SPOILER: At the beginning of the film we see Saito wake up from the fortress dream to be in the apartment of his mistress, and he states he knows that he is in a dream. Also after he wakes from that one he is well aware of Cobb and Arthur. However, when Fischer wakes up from the dream on the 747 he does not notice any of the people around him who were prominent parts of his dream.

very confusing movie :P

Seen it last night, im not that impressed, it was good,, at times special effects were great but nothing i would go and watch again.

Quote from Jimmy Carr via twitter...

"Saw Inception - it's all about dreaming. It's got an amazing interactive bit about 2 hours in where it puts the audience to sleep."

:teehee:

well yea oke, you're right hardcore.. the more you think about it.. the more plotholes and mistakes you actually see.. But thank god this isn't maths, so a mistake in the result can go quite unnoticed and wouldnt really harm the outcome.

about fisher waking up:
But when Fisher wakes up from his dream, his subconcious might have seen those people already. So they can all be in his dreams. It might be a little bizarre to dream about people you've only seen in a glance. But it happened to me several times as well :P

and i don't really understand the question :lol:.. perhaps this movie is still a mystery.. even after watching it twice ;)

I decided to watch Toy Story 3 3D instead of Inception :D

Still unsure if I want to watch it.. I hate Sci-fi (Star Wars) and especially hate the Fantasy genre (Lord of the Rings and all that horse shit)

I enjoyed The Dark Knight, Kick Ass (awesome movie) and even Toy Story 3 - even though they are all blatently fictional movies with impossible things happening in them.

What I really don't seem to like is ultra-hyped sci-fi movies which cause millions of geeks around the world to collectively masterbate due to a it being far fetched and complex.

I'm interested and tempted.. but I don't want to waste my cash in the cinema if it's a load of horse shit.

I decided to watch Toy Story 3 3D instead of Inception :D

Still unsure if I want to watch it.. I hate Sci-fi (Star Wars) and especially hate the Fantasy genre (Lord of the Rings and all that horse shit)

I enjoyed The Dark Knight, Kick Ass (awesome movie) and even Toy Story 3 - even though they are all blatently fictional movies with impossible things happening in them.

What I really don't seem to like is ultra-hyped sci-fi movies which cause millions of geeks around the world to collectively masterbate due to a it being far fetched and complex.

I'm interested and tempted.. but I don't want to waste my cash in the cinema if it's a load of horse shit.

did you enjoy the matrix (1st movie?) If the answer is yes.. then you'll probably like this one as well.. although it's kinda different :P