Improvements for PUG

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I don't really play pugs at all, but is there any sort of pug schedule or whatever? I dunno much about it, so is it just played whenever there are enough willing players in the channel? I seem to miss games whenever I do try to sign in, since I dunno when tf the things start etc.

you just change your nick to whatever the letter is at that time and as soon as you have 12 it auto starts , it's not scheduled at all.

eg : atm -UTAPugbot- Welcome to #utapug - the current pug letter is y, status is 0/10 players

eg /nick y-uselessn00b

and when 10 people have got a y- in front of there name 2 people captain and pick players and maps , servers sets itself up then

!setplayers 4 6 8 etc depends what u want to play and who is around

I don't really play pugs at all, but is there any sort of pug schedule or whatever? I dunno much about it, so is it just played whenever there are enough willing players in the channel? I seem to miss games whenever I do try to sign in, since I dunno when tf the things start etc.

Just join #utapug and watch it for like 10 -20 minutes. You'll get an idea :)

You can't edit the pugbot, so any suggestion that requires that is immediately rejected.

Time bug is down to the bot somehow so can't be fixed although really shouldnt happen very often if at all anymore.

Coldersteel is my map choice so good luck getting that removed, was either that or rocketcommand, you really dont have to pick it if you dont like it! and for the amount of times its picked I cant see why anyone complains its not taking up another maps place.

Custom skins such as Skaarj, Cow and Boss have been removed, itll default your skin to soldier if you join with one.

What about ppl spamming "LOL" ... Its a few ppl that always does it, dont think names are needed.
But you could go check out log from #utapugreport, its a big problem imo. Anoying that 4-5 people shall kill the pugging just because their IQ is lower than zero, its only a question of time before ppl wont sign up because of all those shitty lol binds.

Im trying to implement something to stop flooding and repeating of binds but I cant do anything until I get time to install and test it, without testing it may just block everything including proper binds.
That in my opinion is a better way to remove spamming of crap than punishment as prevention is an easier way for admins

Theres a nice server-side mod that doesnt allow players using same Say bind more than twice (although im guessing it an option to change) and when you do it, it prevents you from spamming that bind again for next 3-4 secs (which is probably also changable)
Can't remember the mod name, might have a look for it little later.