Ideas

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

PyROm451

Jun 12, 2001
If anyone has any ideas for features/improvements to the program please let me know here.

User Suggested Features/Fixes Included ( ver. 1.2.4 ):-

Maplist Wizard (psy)
Profile editor (offshoot of something spotted by psy)
Abillity to change map (MyM and X-Bomb)
Allow game password/Mod Passy to be left blank (X-Bomb)
Loads of things I cant remember (MyM and X-Bomb)
Get Map/Mutator list from server (Vulcano)
Map Cycle In Profile (X-Bomb)
Map Pool In Profile (Cratos)
Map List Wizard Ordering (Cratos)
Time Delay/Schedule (X-BomB)

New Features Done, But not released yet :-

Ideas been worked on :-

Last Server Used Memory (Cratos)
Misc Default Settings (MyM)

Dropped Ideas :-

Auto Check/Download Updates To Progam

so if you have any ideas that you think would be useful, and have used the program itself :P, then lemmie know here plz. Also if u spot any bugs, lemmie know and i will try 2 squash em, with a large fly swat.

Thx
(-8-)PyROm

Last edited by a moderator:
would be nice if i could define a map-pool for the maplist wizard

e.g. if I put all league maps in there, I won't have to select the maps out of my 1000 custom maps ;)

nice idea, was thinkin gof adding abillity to set maplist as a deafult, might add a new tab to choose source of information for mutators/maps, one of which could b a custom map pool :)

/me adds it to list of things to do

:) finished codeing it in, now u can add either a map cycle, or a map pool (selectable by a radio button) to a default profile. Just testing it atm, one small bug to fix and hopefull yit will b ready

:thumb:

some little points I've just recognized:
  • Step 1: Login: Is it possible to select the last used Server automatically in the Name-Combobox?
  • Maplist-Wizard: Is it possible to to order the maps alphabetically (easier to find)?
just some ideas :D

lol, some1 else whos windows hasnt properly ordered files :P
I will sort out the the order thingy at home, they are in the order that windows gives it in, which for most ppl is alphebetic :P

shouldnt be too hard to store last used server.

Save maplist in profile? xP

Expanding on the scheduling, because you prolly can't do it server side you could allow it to sit in the systray and sound an alarm 5 mins b4 match is due :)

Also, predict final scores of match to 99.9% accuracy so we can bet on them :P

lol, I hate tryign 2 get stuff 2 goto tray in vb :P. As soon as I work out how 2 change team scores, I will do the prediction code ;P

On setting a server, it would be nice if it also fixed the times, last time I had warmup doing well (5 minutes waiting and then 2 minutes warmup) then actual match started, having 10 secs in front of every part! that makes u sweat!

:lol: yeh my fault vulc sorry

I did tell Py a while ago that it would be nice if you were able to select an option that would set default values for ini settings like startup map time, and subsequentmaptime, he either never got the msg or ignored me :P

MeetYourMaker said:
:lol: yeh my fault vulc sorry

I did tell Py a while ago that it would be nice if you were able to select an option that would set default values for ini settings like startup map time, and subsequentmaptime, he either never got the msg or ignored me :P

I ignored u :P

nah, it aint possible at the moment, webadmin doesnt let you set it and leagueas udp uplink doesnt allow you to set it either.... unless....
/me has idea 2 try out at home.

Hi,
This years been mad for me so not really had much time to work on this tool.
Does anyone still use it? if so I was thinking of adding the option to send the contents of a text file to the server one at a time. Eg, it would be like doing exec mysetup.txt in ut console, except you could do it without loading ut, and could use same file you use for it in tool. Could then build it in so it is automatically executed before setting up server with rest of tool, allowing setting of default options. This method would be slightly slower then doing it from being directly sat on server, not sure ho much longer. If anyone is interested post here so I know if its worthwhile, otherwise I will leave it.

tbh i never really got started with using the tool :(
just tested it once but didn't carry on :(

- i am still using my txt files
(the ones that psy and me posted in that setup-thread - just updated of course)
- so i still -> start ut, enter the server, execute them, etc
- my clanmates use them too atm i think

- but i think if things could be easier... it is worth the effort

=> so what can i say from my POV as a serveradmin for one clan only?

- if it is a big pile of work then i wouldn't do it
- altho i dunno how the other admins do their work and maybe it would be useful for a big number of admins here so it would be worth the work.
- still -> considering that you have other things to sort, ...
- well in the end you have to decide.
^^ maybe you should get infos on how the other admins do their work and what they suggest

[edit]
hm this is what you wanted to do with your posting ...
so what have i acutally said in my posting now?! :o
[/edit]

Last edited:
ive seen :) just got taken over by coursework etc, will prob have a go at doing it anyways as it would be interesting for me, just a matter of when i get time. also looking at whether to shift it over to vb.net or make a pda version. Brought some nice new install creater software as well since last release.