idea - fix the timelimit

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I dont like the idea.

I played many wars where both teams had great defences and with that rule they would have ended like 2-2 because the other maps would have been a tie. Honestly, the best wars I played lasted over 3 hours and we enjoyed every second of them.

The only problem about long wars is that some people might have to go to bed. But if you have that problem, book wars earlier.

Those changes would only help in very few cases (how many of the wars you play actually last 3hours and how much time would be saved if you reduced some of the maps by 2minutes).
In the end you save maybe 15-30mins but change the outcome of many maps and even wars because of such a rule. I think everyone would be pissed if the match is tied and last map is asthenosphere. After 8 minutes you are 1second away from the last objective and time is up so you dont win:rolleyes:

If a map is hard to attack why the hell should you reduce the time limit to make it even harder?

Concerning the bridge example after warm-up, these wars will end about 8-1 or even 8-0 so the time limit is no problem anyway.
But if it still annoys you make a rule that the team with more league points/the higher ranking gets the first attack, problem solved.

Stylefish said:
I dont like the idea.

I played many wars where both teams had great defences and with that rule they would have ended like 2-2 because the other maps would have been a tie. Honestly, the best wars I played lasted over 3 hours and we enjoyed every second of them.

The only problem about long wars is that some people might have to go to bed. But if you have that problem, book wars earlier.

Those changes would only help in very few cases (how many of the wars you play actually last 3hours and how much time would be saved if you reduced some of the maps by 2minutes).
In the end you save maybe 15-30mins but change the outcome of many maps and even wars because of such a rule. I think everyone would be pissed if the match is tied and last map is asthenosphere. After 8 minutes you are 1second away from the last objective and time is up so you dont win:rolleyes:

If a map is hard to attack why the hell should you reduce the time limit to make it even harder?

Concerning the bridge example after warm-up, these wars will end about 8-1 or even 8-0 so the time limit is no problem anyway.
But if it still annoys you make a rule that the team with more league points/the higher ranking gets the first attack, problem solved.

I full agree what Stylefish means!

The best clanwars are the tense ones that dont have to be 3 hours long but I prefer a good game and not a draw game if the map time is cut. I repeat myself dont reduce the maptime!!!

Another solution is if two clans dont like to play for the full map win limit they can cut it like in pugwars.