idea - fix the timelimit

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

:D start programming i would say ! :throw:

p.s. guardia.....should be banned imo!! (sorry doggies :P)

As Firestorm said, and I think alot of ppl are missing, reducing the time limit greatly increases the chance a map ends up in a tie, hence really killing the point of playing that map (nobody wants to play a map that has a high chance of ending up in a tie usually), while also encouraging teams that play it to focus on simply defending it, since it is much easier to defend it in a shorter time, and also increasing the possibility a whole match ends up in a tie. The only maps this would make sense are maps that already end up in ties anyway because of their gameplay, no matter what the time limis is (astheno and guardia), in which case changing the time limit does not affect game play, but simply reduces time wasted.
Also, as some people already mentioned, I really don't see the fact that maches might get long as a factor in how many clans play in this league, as a matter of fact usually the most exciting matches are the long matches, since usually that means a balanced skill game. People usually leave because of routine/getting bored, something that new maps/game types/features affects, or simply lack of intereset/priority, which is somethig you can't do much about. If you would like to spend some time on this, I would definitely reccomend doing something on the first category, and lots of people would appreciate it I am sure.

Wanna attract new ppl?
Stop flaming and kicking newcomers.
Introduce ZeroPing so not only DE, UK, NL, SWE players can hit/aim like they should.
Few new fun maps would be cool also.

Me and toma were trying to bring some more players for the league and we were able to get almost +20 ppl squad. Don't just sit and moan .... do something!

Don't ask what league can do for you. Ask what you can do for the league! ;)

Just my quick thoughts :)

brajan said:
Wanna attract new ppl?
Stop flaming and kicking newcomers.
Introduce ZeroPing so not only DE, UK, NL, SWE players can hit/aim like they should.
Few new fun maps would be cool also.

Me and toma were trying to bring some more players for the league and we were able to get almost +20 ppl squad. Don't just sit and moan .... do something!

Don't ask what league can do for you. Ask what you can do for the league! ;)

Just my quick thoughts :)

polish people ping nice aswell, plus we used to have server 4 wich was norwegian so we all know it is to lag

Been saying for about 3 years now that leagueAS match's take too long. I personally dont have as much time to play games as i work full time now unlike 3 years ago. I guess alot of people are in a similar situation.

Reducing map times or map count in league games is a good idea. Right now league games are long winded and pretty much boring.

Shortening map times may help increase the fun in the map as there's more rushes to complete objectives quickly and more chances for launching/tricks as u cant rely on walking forward for 10 minutes with a minigun/sniper to complete a map.

Paa`

This would only suit quarter of the league though imo and would ruin it for the other 3 quarters. Make a poll on this and it will be evident.

Brajans comments- I totally agree with 1st 1 - Flaming newcomers, how fucking ridiculous. You go to a public server and you get the so called better players in UTA flaming them for not knowing launches or "getting a lucky kill" boo fucking hoo. Nice advertisement for the leagues...

Also there are LOTS of people who play on Dog standard and DFP who have never played in a clan, or are newcomers to UT etc who could very well be asked to join clans and then be trained up. When I've asked this to other clan leaders, the sort of responses I got were "I cba training people up" "whats the point in traning up newbs lolololol" etc, YAWN

Servers are awful, have been for 12 months and in that period we have lost more clans and players, than ever in UTA? 5 divisions - 2 std, 1 ias, 2 proas - this could also be down to WoW and the likes :P

ZP is a silly idea in stdAS - In iAS yes it would be great as the mod is heavily dependant upon stable ping, playing on current servers with a fluctuating ping of say 60-150 is pointless, hence the probable closure of the league in the near future.

On shorter maps or w/e - This certainly can be implimented as an 'option' which both clans can agree to but to shorten matches is just stupid. It would ruin the fun for a lot of people who really enjoy long close matches if this became compulsory.

Make a clan rep vote whether or not it would be useful to adjust certain maps' timelimits. If more than 50% vote yes, votes can go into detail.

I dont think its usefull to cut the maps game time!

If the clans that schedule the game together both agree to an over all map win score in a lesser extent the game would end like in pug wars by the first for example four won maps.

Last edited:
Meteor said:
I dont think its usefull to cut the maps game time!

If the clans that schedule the game together both agree to an over all map win score in a lesser extent the game would end like in pug wars by the first for example four won maps.

Now thats a great idea, just add a small box for "Number of Maps" to the booking form, according to which then is linked to the map selection form.

the option can be named as reduced.

if only one clan selects it the game runs according to the usual ammount of maps. (that includes a reduced fast map selection folder beside the normal one for the maps that are marked in the server booking menue)

Last edited:
more time is always the opportunity to finish the map....if you set timelimit to 8 at bridge for example and you are not able to attack it you're lost..ffs....but maybe those 4 missing minutes would of bring the win when u conquer in 11:32 or something....so when you defend successfully then these 11:32 mins you win the map...if the time would of been 8 you wouldnt of been able to assault so it's a loss or max a tie....but it's your choice guys :) ...

basicaly I would ban fuckn guardia btw :P

to solve the problem with the time...reduce the 'amount of maps to win'-limit to 5 maps or something...I like the pug style anyway :)

never mind, I know that reducing the timelimit increases the chance of a tie...but since some maps (guardia :satan: ) are tie anyway :P

well, we would have to reset the record zone too so it might be that reducing the timelimit isn't the best choice
but I don't like 5 maps won = victory

so let's hope that we will have some good new Assaultmaps soon and that in future there will be no room for maps like guardia in our league :P