idea - fix the timelimit

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hank

-)EaS*
Jul 23, 2001
Germany
I just thought about the timelimit of my new map and then I had to remember that many people said the UTA matches are tooooooooo loooonnngg (2-3 h) :X There was a time the stdAS league had about 5 Divisions...and now...look by yourself

so I checked all leaguemaps and their timelimits

Asthenosphere: 10 Minutes -> if every team fulldefs the map -> 20 Minutes are gone
I would put it to 8 Minutes

Autorip: 10 Minutes -> it's possible to fulldef it but it doesn't happen very often anyway I would put the 8 Minutes

Ballistic: 10 Minutes -> if every team fulldefs the map -> 20 minutes are gone
I would put it to 8 Minutes

Bridge: 16 Minutes, omfg -> if both teams fulldef the maps -> 32 Minutes are gone
put it to 9 Minutes -> 10 Mins maximum!!!

Desert: 10 Minutes - Fulldef does happen -> put timelimit to 7 mins

Desolate: 10 Minutes - Fulldef does happen -> put it to 8 mins

Frigate: 6 Minutes....good timelimit

GolgothaAL: 12 Minutes -> Fulldef does happen - I would put it to 8 Minutes

Golgotha][AL: 10 Minutes, well never saw a clan defending this one 10 minutes, anyway reduce the timelimit to 8 mins

Guardia + GuardiaAL: 5 Minutes -> you cannot Assault this map -> put the timelimit to 2:30 mins or 3 mins

Hispeed: 7 Minutes...is oki

Lavafort: 10 Minutes - Fulldef does happen - I would put the timelimit to 8 mins

Mazon: 10 Minutes - Fulldef does happen - I would put the timelimit to 7 mins

Oceanfloor + Oceanfloor AL: 6 Minutes is oki

Overlord: 10 mins - if both teams fulldef - > 20 mins are gone - > I would put the timelimit to 8 mins

RivAL: 9 minutes in Div 1 its like Guardia so I would put the timelimit to 7 or 8 mins

Riv3AL: 11 mins - Fulldef does happen - > I would put the timelimit to 8 mins

Siege: 10 minutes - I would put the timelimit to 8 minutes

Submarinebase: 10 minutes - I would put the timelimit to 6 minutes....because I don't like this map :P

we could save a lot of our time and I'm pretty sure that many of you agree with me, that it's a waste of time playing 10 MINUTES GUARDIA or 32 MINUTES BRIDGE...if you just play these two maps and both teams fulldef these maps you could have pld a full clanbase match in this time...I guess it's easy to fix the timelimits with LeagueASmod :o

so, what do you think?
what do you suggest?

well it's easy to do, but I doubt the community will agree ;)

LeagueAS has a cute system that always puts the winning team as attacker for the next round. This should ensure that the stronger team sets the timelimit and therefore helps keeping the times short

Cratos said:
well it's easy to do, but I doubt the community will agree ;)

LeagueAS has a cute system that always puts the winning team as attacker for the next round. This should ensure that the stronger team sets the timelimit and therefore helps keeping the times short

yea I know, but as you know there are still some maps which both clans fulldef, so could we atleast change the timelimits of these maps :P?

Astheno, Bridge, Ballistic, Guardia, Overlord and RiverbedAL.

if you do it right you can't lose this maps :o

btw I've got an good example

Mi5 is playing vs DWAP

DWAP managed it to win the warmupmap (they had to defend Riverbed]l[AL for 2 mins)

next map in the map rotation is Bridge

Mi5 defends 16 minutes and assaults the map in 2:44 mins

so they needed 18:44 minutes to play this map

with another timelimit (timelimit 10 minutes)

they would've defended 10 minutes and they assault the map in 2:44 mins just like b4

so they needed 12:44 minutes... we could save 6 minutes :P

and I could give many other examples :o

so ?

And I'm sure mi5 didnt enjoy defending Bridge for 16mins now did they :P

Am I 1 of the few that actually enjoys a long thrilling match? Whether it is over 2 hours or not?

Longer the match shows the truer winner imo.

kinda agree with some maps like bridge (maybe 12mins)
overlord,guardia ... are fucked anyway
only one thing would help them: better spawnpoints -_-
and lavafort, maybe change the 5min-new-spawn-rule to 3min and set timelimit to 7 mins ;\

just some thoughts :D

I think it is fine as it is, the only option I would propose if you think games are too long is give teams an option of playing 10 or 16 maps, unless there is some reason why that wouldn't work. :)

I enjoy 3 hour matches too...but to keep the league alive and attract more people, we should atleast change the timelimits on some maps :P

...can you agree with me on changing the timelimits for Guardia and Bridge ?

i agree for most maps but many ppl enjoy playing ballistic and usually i can be beaten by one team or another
it just takes a lil longer
by shortening it it will more oftenly end up in a tie i suppose

river al is a pain though
i d shorten it... no other spawnpoints imo

i definatly agree. good thinking there. maybe some time limits should be cut even more imo.... i doubt btw if it's not against the rulles to edit someones map.... (or maybe it can be done in the League AS mod which makes it legal again)

edit: misread your first post hank about the league as thingy

oh and i suggest guardia to 30 seconds as the first wave is the only option to concour it :P

Guardia can have 3 Improvements :-

1) Better spawn points when cavern has been entered and bridge crossed.
2) Removal of flak, defence side, or at least removal of 4 ammo packs which are most unneeded.
3) Introduction of better weapons to attack with other than flak and pulse, very limited weapons to kill with against spam.

before u change timelimit in maps I would suggest to reduce maplimit during matches, instead of 7 maps each clans only chooses 5 maps or first to 4 wins (like pld in pugs)

lol i deffo disagree Hank.

wtf we talking about? we will keep tweaking this league + maps to keep this league alive? where is the limit?

ok ur argument: matches take too long.

Well hmz, if u like to play, u play the full war imo. Only way i see for shortening war time, is lower amount of maps. But then again, one day we will find us in a situation where we play like 3 maps and war is over, just to keep league alive.......:x

Now, back to the basic idea: how to keep the league alive. Imho only way is to introduce new fun maps. :rolleyes:

Biebel said:
[...]
Now, back to the basic idea: how to keep the league alive. Imho only way is to introduce new fun maps. :rolleyes:

oki, then I gonna make 15 new Assaultmaps with a maximum timelimit of 8 minutes :fingers: